It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Space Test Caused Increase in Space Debris

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
apc

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Probably more like some kind of modulated static field field that repels small debris and dust. Maybe multiple opposing field layers so anything that's attracted by one will be repelled by the other. There's probably a thread somewhere in the Space forum on this topic.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
So instead of

China, we should maybe focus on a more efficiant space waste management system.

The US gets rid of space junk more than you would think. We have a few different options. Firts, we can send it into a supersynchronous orbit, which will not put the satellites in harm that fly closer to earth. Second, we will just let the satellites that are close to earth fall and burn up in the atmosphere. True we can't get rid of all of our "junk" right now, but I believe we will have a plan in the near future!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

It will actually force us to develop technologies we will need anyway: shielding.

If we're going at high velocity through the system and smack a single tiny pebble, the ship can be destroyed. We need some way to clear debris from the path. All this space junk just forces the issue.

Very good point. How many people are going to die before "they" realize this though? You know how hard headed the government can be! Hopefully challenges like this will yield some advances in technology like you have said.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is just rhetoric by our side. Ohh look at the bad Chinese...

I feel like an idiot just being American right after ready that.

Then I remember I'm an American and it all feels better.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Honestly I would not want to derail this thread into prophecy discussion as there is a different place for that but to enlighten and defend myself I ask: Ever hear of Gog and Magog?

One of the most dangerous things to a human being is faith in what is not fact. By faith, I mean unquestional belief and by fact I mean what is true. A very good example of that is the statement, IQ Tests measure intelligence. IQ Tests really only measure aquired information and rate of access to that information. Now to prove that true conduct the following thought experiment: Compose a 10000 page book of gibberish titled The Sum of All Knowledge. In this book, include the line All fibbles are grabbles and all grabbles are blue. Create an IQ Test based on the book and include the question If 27 fibbles are divided by 9 grabbles how many of the remaining fibbles are blue? If you answered 3 you might not be correct because we did not define how numbers and mathmatics work in the book before presenting that question.

Now all that was a round about way to say I respect that you asked what I know of China in (Doomsday) Prophecy and didn't blindly accept it as fact. And that I didn't take your questions as a "prove it, heretic" response to what was a bit of a flippant remark about China fulfilling a prophecy.

Back to topic: Very bad news indeed and I hope that no one else conducts further tests of this kind and the all of the space debris can be dealt with before it ever becomes a true hazard.

Links and Quotes on China and Prophecy:

China in Bible Phophesy

A little more to the point

Exertion of China

China has emerged as a strong political and economic colossus. What has attracted little attention is China’s emergence as the world’s fastest-rising military power. Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld warned the world at a June 2005 security forum in Singapore that China’s military buildup exceeds any realistic domestic needs and poses a threat to Asia’s delicate security balance.

A lengthy article in the Wall Street Journal is devoted to Michael Pillsbury, arguably the most influential and knowledgeable China expert in the U.S.A.:

Pillsbury, with ties to the Chinese military, warns the US Defense Department that the Chinese military is obsessed with the inevitable decline of the United States and China’s commensurate rise. He cautions that beneath China’s growing trade ties with the USA runs a nationalistic fervor which aims for an economic and military defeat of America.7
Interestingly, the prophetic Word anticipates a strong military participation at Armageddon. Daniel predicts that an army from the north and east will invade Israel, prompting Antichrist to shift his military headquarters from Rome to Jerusalem (Daniel 11:44, 45). Many students of prophecy believe this army is the one described in Revelation 9:16, comprising two hundred million demonized horsemen.

While the army’s national identity is not indicated, only one nation could logistically muster such an immense force, and that is China. The reference is possibly to a confederation of Asiatic nations, perhaps with China in a leading position. The meteoric rise of a militaristic China in our day may signify a preparatory step by the world’s most populous nation to extend its despotic powers far beyond its borders, a development consistent with its contemporary military doctrine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join