It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran.... Attack Imminent??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Here is the latest news on this situation

At a press conference on Thursday, President Bush delivered an apparent threat against Iran, stating, "One of the main reasons that I asked Ambassador Crocker to meet with Iranians inside Iraq was to send the message that there will be consequences for people transporting, delivering EFPs, highly sophisticated IEDs, that kill Americans in Iraq."

sorce

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Me and my Wife are completely frightend about this situation boiling.

It just makes us wonder, where will this leave the rest of the western world?

Will it be fall in, or die with them? I just don't know.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
We didnt give nukes to anyone, That is rediculous. We the U.S. can hit anyone in the world with our nukes from our own counrty so why would we give out nukes? We may have given some to Israel along time ago so they could defend themselves considering they are a pretty small counrty and they would only use them as a last resort. As far as forward deployed tatical nukes in Iraq why? Our aircraft carriers carry nukes for our planes and our subs would be the main choice for an attack, Just fifteen minutes flight time with a big nuke. Maybe the Navy has reloaded some nukes on our tamahawks that can be shot from our destroyers too. Wouldnt you think if we were going to hit Iran that we would have more than just one carrier in the gulf region?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If any country on the world uses nukes in a preventional strike this world will vanish...

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
Me and my Wife are completely frightend about this situation boiling.

It just makes us wonder, where will this leave the rest of the western world?

Will it be fall in, or die with them?

Lepracornman,
well I agree this is something to be frightened about. I don't like it either, but as far as the rest of the world goes, every country will half to make there choice. Meaning a side will probably have to be chosen.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop
If any country on the world uses nukes in a preventional strike this world will vanish...

Terrapop,
does that include a radiological bomb, a dirty bomb, or a neutron bomb?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
US policy has always been to respond with like weapons. Any chemical, biological, or nuclear attack will only be met with one response, as the US has removed chem/bio weapons from the arsenal.

As for the situation in the Gulf, it's being cooled somewhat, despite the apparent threats by Bush. Earlier in the summer there were three CBGs in the area. That will be dropped to one, and eventually to none. USS Nimitz left the area to redeploy before the USS Enterprise arrived, and the USS Stennis is leaving for home soon, if she hasn't already left the region.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
Im with centurion and the captain on this. Wasnt war imminent with iran back in 2005? How about 2006? Does anyone see a pattern? "It wasnt last year but its going to be this year for sure." Its guess work at best. I dont even think you can give it a 50/50 chance. And as for the US economy "declining" as one poster said. Where are you getting your information? Cause its wrong.

And all this crazy talk about "the U.S. using nuclear weapons against Iran".... or "anglo imperialism"....

We hear almost every week some demented message from the Iranian regime about the destruction of Israel and allies, information which also comes from Arab sources, yet some want to claim it's "anglo imperialistic propaganda".....

The Iranians were working for 18 years in a secret nuclear weapons program, meanwhile they claimed to the world that was not true, but now some people claim it's all propaganda even after all the statements even from the Arab news media of the Iranian regime's call to destroy Israel....

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
We dont have 3 carriers in the gulf anymore, they have moved to Guam for the exercise Valiant Shield. Just last week some Arab leaders in the gulf were upset as Cheney promised we would "keep a presence there" and now all 3 carriers have left for training.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join