It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton Completes Work in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Halliburton Completes Work in Iran

www.hemscott.com

HOUSTON (AP) - Oil field services provider Halliburton Co., which announced in 2005 it would accept no new contracts in Iran but would honor existing agreements, said Monday it has completed all contractual commitments and is no longer working in the Middle Eastern country.

The company's announcement came on the same day Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said his country was now capable of producing nuclear fuel on an 'industrial scale,' expanding a nuclear program that has drawn U.N. sanctions and condemnation from the West.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related ATS Discussion Threads
Halliburton Moves HQ from Houston to Dubai
Halliburton Flouts Iran Sanctions.Profits Before Security.

[edit on 2007/4/9 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I guess they couldn't evacuate the country for the April 6th Attack.....Interestingly this company is still under investigation by a Federal grand jury and under the scrutiny of U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg who had this to say..

"Halliburton had to be dragged kicking and screaming out of Iran, If Halliburton wasn't pressured by Congress, they would still be doing business in Iran."

Hmmmm, I wonder how the VP is taking this news....

www.hemscott.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2007/4/9 by JacKatMtn]

Ox

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I wonder if the brits being released so easily has anything to do with Iran now being able to produce Uranium, enrich it rather on an industrial scale.. I mean.. a few months ago they had trouble enriching enough uranium to power a mud house.... the brits are released and boom Industrial unranium enrichment.. Just a thought.. Im probably wrong

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Certainly they are not done milking the government dry yet? There is still a few more shekels in the pot aren't there? Say it ain't so Dick!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Another question; what in God's name is Iran doing hiring the most evil spawn of the Great Satan, Haliburton?

Yet another question; how did Haliburton get around the unilateral US sanction on Iran?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
subz - lookey here....

Lautenberg has said some American companies have exploited a loophole in the law by creating foreign subsidiaries that are incorporated overseas for the specific purpose of bypassing U.S. sanctions. He cites Halliburton as an example

from OP linked story

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
traitors they all traitors to the US.

Still people can not get it, when it comes to money, power, greed and corruption I think corporate American and related politicians are all in it.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Thanks JacKatMtn

If the US Government really was concerned about Iran you'd think they'd of penalized Haliburton rather than grant them billions of dollars worth of contracts.

Dick Cheney, have you no honour??....
Sorry could not keep a straight face

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I jsut posted this too, so ill add here.

When Halliburton does good, Dick Cheney does good.

It doesnt surprise me this company was still operating in Iran, even though they are a bad terrorist state, and all that crap..

Goes to show, Halliburton has no humanity in it, so long as money can be made.

Did they finish work, or decide its safer to leave.. right now!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
If the US Government really was concerned about Iran you'd think they'd of penalized Haliburton rather than grant them billions of dollars worth of contracts.

Another question is how does Halliburton operate in the country and you never hear of their employees being abducted or their projects being attacked in Iran? Are the employees Iranians?

I know there was some reported attacks on them in Iraq and on that security contractor Blackwater, but it was a very quiet operation in Iran.

Could it be that Iran was profitting as well as Halliburton?

Questions?

BTW a little piece from the NYPost can be found here, this is interesting...

U.S. companies have been forbidden to do business in Iran dating back to sanctions imposed after the 1979 Islamic revolution, when student fundamentalists held 52 American hostages for 444 days.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The hypocrisy is killing me.

So what's worse?
Nancy Pelosi visiting Syria,
or Halliburton, the company the VP still profits from,
doing business with "the enemy"?

Somehow, I don't think the masses will
hear about this on the nightly news..

top topics

join