It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts? Shadow People? Demons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is a very bizarre story or stories. I would like to know what people here on ATS make of it. This comes from people I know and grew up with.

Around 1987-1989 time frame I had a friend whose family had moved into a new home. After moving in they began encountering bizarre things. One of the first was a Coyote had been broken over their chain link fence in their back yard. When I say broken it was as if someone with their bare hands had broke the animals body using the pole at the top of the fence as a base.

Within the next three years they would see what to me sounds like "Shadow Entities" in the house. They would appear to be watching the family. I remember one story where they were watching TV in the evening and this black figure was standing in a hallway just watching them. They had no idea how long it had been there but it vanished after they noticed it was there and scared the crap out of them. Other encounters involved mirrors, where a "shadow" would be standing behind them or pass behind them. When they turned around nothing was there. One really bizarre encounter was with the mother's boyfriend who thought an intruder had broken into the house only to realize it wasn't person. He later died in an electrical accident, but I don't think it was connected. The most bizarre was one where my friend and another heard some noises in the garage thinking it was his mother getting home. They went into the garage and no one was there. Then they heard the front door open. My friend went to investigate and saw no one. Another noise was heard in a hall adjacent to the living room. When he looked down the hall he saw a black figure enter one of the bedrooms. Convinced it was an intruder the two grabbed improvised weapons, including a baseball bat. When he looked down the hall again, he saw it enter another bedroom. They walked up to the closed door and opened it. What he saw he told me he would never forget. The thing had gotten into his mother's bed and under the covers. Only its "head" was visible, black and faceless like a hole. They panicked and as they dropped their "weapons" it looked like the "Shadow" melted off of the bed onto the floor. They ran out of the house screaming and down the road for a couple of blocks. When they stopped they looked back at the house and saw something looking out of some curtains on one of the windows in the front of the house.

Another really weird event at the house involved my friend doing a fake ritual with another. They were playing, imagining they were doing a summoning. There was loud bang that interupted them and they found a crushed area, that looked like a fist imprint on a door that lead into the garage. That was the last time they ever did any imaginary magic.

At first I thought this was some kind of bizarre haunting, but to my understanding "ghosts" or whatever causes hauntings seems to be attached to a location. About one mile down the road there was an encounter with something in the backyard of another's house. It was during winter and the ground had iced over. The two were playing around sliding around on the ice. One of them lost balance and began sliding uncontrollably. He slid into a large black figure, a solid figure. It was over Seven feet tall and looked kind of like a shroud. He looked up at it after realizing what happend and it moved backwards as if steeping back. Both of them screamed and ran into the house barricading the back door.

The dogs in the area noticed weird stuff as well, and at times would go absolutley nuts. I can remember hearing noises outside my house that sounded like some extremely large animal was moving around. I can also remember my grandfather firing his 12 guage one night at something in the backyard when the dogs had went nuts. He never really would talk about it. I never found anything in the yard. I also remember one really weird event where I woke up in the middle of the night and turned on the TV. I saw the most insane and horrorfying scene in what appeared to be some late night horror movie. I have searched for whatever movie that was and cannot find it. I am a big horror film fan now and have not been able to find anything like it. All I know is that scene is burnt into my mind and it still scares the crap out of me.

I can remember other friends who lived within a mile of us having very weird things happening to them as well. One involved them seeing weird shadows or shapes outside their window that looked like hands beckoning them to come outside. They flipped off the "hands" and heard something climb up the side of their home. It ran across their roof and scared the crap out them and woke up his parents who were quite angry thinking they made the noise. The next day they found tracks outside leading away from the house in the mud. They looked like hooves. A few years later I would read about the Jersey Devil and suggest to my friend to read about it.

Another really weird event occured in the woods near the homes. A shack was found with a table inside of it. On the table was a partially eaten dog.
My friends destroyed the shack.

Lots of wierd stuff. Thats most of the stuff I remember. I know there's more but I would have to see if my friends remember any details. I think there was "shadow" sighting in those same woods but can't remember. I know my father thought the whole area was haunted based on experiences he had and never talked about. I know at the time he had deep interests in the Kabalah, not sure if thats related to his views though.
All of us moved away by 1990-1991 from that area.

I wanted to share this with the forum and see what their insight was on all of it. I still don't know what to think of it.

[edit on 6/4/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, Mike. I have an avid interest in shadow figure/ghosts that continually haunt some areas like hotspots. I want you to know that I believe everything you said and I appreciate your candor on this subject. I can very well imagine the fear you and your friends family must have experienced. Something similiar happened to me in 1998-1999. Here's my story.

I live in the midwest in an area that has been listed as one of bigger hotspots that is effected by ghost /paranomoral scenarios. An old neighborhood, called Webster Groves has a famous haunted house that is well documented in books and online. Until my experience I have never seen anything like it. I was lying in my bed reading a book in an upstairs bedroom. Only my lamp was on so I could see and in the corner of my eye I saw something move. I turned my head towards the shadow movement and unbelievably hovering in the corner of the bathroom door and bedroom was a black, ink cloud with twisting billowing arms that seem to move intelligently and as if it were in slow motion. I can't tell you how disturbing this experence was for me and how I will never forget it. It moved up and along the wall for about 3 minutes which seemed like an eternity. My wife was downstairs in the kitchen and I knew from exsperience that if I screamed for her attention to come look she would not hear me because we were too far from each other. So I just stayed in my spot since it didn't advance towards me and I watched it. I once reported this sighting to a shadow person sight online and they printed the same story I am repeating here. I was completely lucid and saw something that at first I couldn't believe but then after viewing for 3 minutes I knew my eyes were not lying to me. I saw it and i'll never forget it. Your story reminded me of my experience so I just wanted you to know in case it was helpful.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

[edit on 6-4-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the response. I had been hesitant to bring up it up on a public forum. In 2004 I came across ATS and while looking around found posts about "Shadow People". I had no idea what "Shadow People" were and never heard of the term, but it appeared to correlate with what had been encountered by around at least Seven people in 1987-1989 in Northwest Louisiana. The other events in the area remind of the Jersey Devil which I found out about a few years after moving away.

One of the other weird things was that some of the people who moved away continued to experience weird things up until about Four years ago. As far as I know none of it was related to "Shadow Entities". Almost all of the events they experienced were with at least one other person. This is what bothers me the most. None of it can be said to be a Sleep disorder.
The encounters were witnessed by multiple persons and even caused reactions in animals.

I personally had experienced a number of other very bizarre events up until around 2003. One period was at my stepfather's home around 1995-1996 after his mother who was a medium had died. My mother and our next door neighbors all had some kind of bizarre experience at that time.

The last was at a barracks at Fort Hood from 2000-2003, at which numerous people in my unit had seen or heard all kinds of weird things. A number of persons on Staff Duty, would not go into the basement to do checks because of it. Staff Duty for non military people is kind of like a Battalion Secretary/Guard. A 24 hour duty involving two personnel. After moving out of that building I Havn't seen or heard anything since.

Germany seems to have little to no paranormal activity. That made me begin to wonder if hauntings, sightings, etc. in the United States are in some manner tied to belief/focus on the idea. They manifest where people "know" they are real. Louisiana has a reputation of being one of the most haunted states in the country, especially New Orleans. So I wonder is there anything to back the idea about manifestations being tied to people's beliefs?

[edit on 7/4/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I believe its due to all the testing done on civilians by the american government. used to be chemicals but now they mess with energy and all kinds of things they shouldnt mess with

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
my friend doing a fake ritual with another. They were playing, imagining they were doing a summoning. ....That was the last time they ever did any imaginary magic.

There really isn't anything fake about a summoning. There are some set summonings, but ANY attempt, even 'fake', will get their (the demonics) attention. Considering all the other stuff going on in the house, this was a really stupid thing for them to do.

No offense.

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
I once reported this sighting to a shadow person sight online and they printed the same story I am repeating here.

Is there a site on line that you can report these things to? I know shadowlands has a great running list, but is there a ghost/shadowperson reporting site ... like MUFON for UFOs? Where did you report your sighting?

The last was at a barracks at Fort Hood from 2000-2003,

I was stationed there - 1982-1983.

Military bases have lots of spooky activities. I was also stationed at Camp Zama Japan from 1983-1986. WOW! That place was hopping with activity. It had a bloody history at the end of WWII too. That probably accounts for a lot of the problems with spooks there. Spooks that leave the Japanese workers alone, but that HATE the Americans. You could feel the hate directed at you ...even when alone in a room. SPOOKY!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I agree it was higly stupid of them to make believe in doing rituals. Especially knowing what I know now. The odd thing is that the rites were spontaneous, the motivation to play "let's do a ritual" seemed to be driven by an outside force. That makes me wonder if an entity could manipulate a person into performing rites unconsciously?

I have heard the Japanese are like Americans in regards to believing in ghosts and spirits, unlike the Germans who are very secular and materialistic.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

That makes me wonder if an entity could manipulate a person into performing rites unconsciously?

You betchya. Anyone who is not spiritually protected and who is open to it could definately find themselves under suggestions from the other side.

Considering that these are dark forces ... YIKES!

Not directed at you MikeboydUS ... but just in general - No one should 'play' with anything like this. Witch boards, seances, pretend summonings. There is not anything pretend about them. People who think they are just playing ... they are wrong. Any attention given to 'them' ... any calls to the other side ... they will get answered. It doesn't have to be a set ritual.

You say it's been 15 years since you all lived in that area. Do you know anything about what is happening now? Any 'drive bys' to see? Any contact? Any rumors?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That makes me wonder if an entity could manipulate a person into performing rites unconsciously?

You betchya. Anyone who is not spiritually protected and who is open to it could definately find themselves under suggestions from the other side.

Considering that these are dark forces ... YIKES!

Not directed at you MikeboydUS ... but just in general - No one should 'play' with anything like this. Witch boards, seances, pretend summonings. There is not anything pretend about them. People who think they are just playing ... they are wrong. Any attention given to 'them' ... any calls to the other side ... they will get answered. It doesn't have to be a set ritual.

You say it's been 15 years since you all lived in that area. Do you know anything about what is happening now? Any 'drive bys' to see? Any contact? Any rumors?

I don't know anyone from that area anymore. I have relatives who live within a few miles who have had some strange experiences in the 1990s mostly involving animals acting insane, like staring, growling, and going into a fit at something the people couldn't see.

My father lived in the area till the mid 90s and claimed to of heard things like voices, buts that all I know. I have never seriously talked to him about it.

I'll have to talk to my relatives when I get a chance, but I think some kind of wierd crimes took place there in the past seven years. There are numerous car accidents on the main road that runs through the area, not sure if thats connected. The place has an old church and gravyard thats quite spooky, very bad vibes. The name of the church is Bethel Primitive Baptist Church.

[edit on 7/4/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
I once reported this sighting to a shadow person sight online and they printed the same story I am repeating here.

FlyersFan Responses to my assertion:

"Is there a site on line that you can report these things to? I know shadowlands has a great running list, but is there a ghost/shadowperson reporting site ... like MUFON for UFOs? Where did you report your sighting?"

carnival_of_souls2047 responds:
the-psychic-detective.com... This is but one of many links to organized articles on other people's experiences on shadow people although my original post was on another site that I believe is now defunct.
The Black Smoke or Black Mist Shadow Person:
The second most common type of shadow person reported is that of the black smoke-like or black mist experience. At first it may seem odd to label these entities as "people" but in many cases witnessnes that have encountered these beings have described them as having intelligent characteristics and reactions to events. Strangely, many of the encounters with the black smoke shadow beings have been associated with overwhelming feelings of dread and malevelonce, much more so than the expereinces are related to the human shaped variety.
Supplemental: The original site that published my experience online was shadowlands as you mentioned above (directing this comment towards FlyersFan). Thanks for pointing that out to me I had already forgotten where it was originally posted.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

[edit on 7-4-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Weow. Seriously creepy thread. This definitely falls into the category of things I don't even want to know about. Still it was really interesting and certainly well written.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by lasse]

[edit on 7-4-2007 by lasse]

top topics

join