It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helen Mirren's Tattoo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Delta Alter

The people featured in that link aren't famous, therefore it isn't interesting.

The reason I keep trying to find Masonic connections with famous people is because it is a topic that interests me.

This website is seriously losing its edge. Are we only allowed to post 'Approved' topics that every other member agrees with?

So, in other words (and I'm asking, not stating that this is what you think), you would prefer that this site entertain wholly sensationalistic threads?
Because, in all seriousness, that's all that this is...sensationalism.

But, if you look for a connection, chances are, you'll find one.
However, that doesn't mean that there actually is one.

Oh, and please, do elaborate about how this site is, how did you put it..."losing its edge".

And, while you're at it, explain how the topic is "Approved"...

If there's one thing I've learned here on ATS, and that is if you don't like potential debate or criticism, then don't post.
(considering that not all criticism is bad, unless you take it that way.)

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
nothing looks like a freemasonry symbol.
it either is or isnt since masons are powerful they have nothing to hide from people.
their a society of secrets and not a secret society.
since anyone can join it as long as their superior then access to any questions you want is only a phone call away to your local lodge.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i think xeros is right,and i dont know what is the meaning of this thread,come on people she is nothing to the greater picture

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung

Oh, and please, do elaborate about how this site is, how did you put it..."losing its edge".

And, while you're at it, explain how the topic is "Approved"...

If there's one thing I've learned here on ATS, and that is if you don't like potential debate or criticism, then don't post.
(considering that not all criticism is bad, unless you take it that way.)

The reason I say that this board is 'losing it's edge' is because what you call 'potential debate' quickly becomes mockery and derision, without any respect whatsoever for the poster or for an alternative view. Please lose the sarcastic tone.

Have you ever, for one minute, considered the fact that just because an individual posts a subject, it doesn't mean that they BELIEVE with every fibre of their being that it is true - maybe, just maybe they want to hear other people's slant on it- without judgement.

Is that not the whole point of this damn board?

I thought Helen Mirren's tattoo looked like the Masonic compass and set square! It does! I posted!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The reason I say that this board is 'losing it's edge' is because what you call 'potential debate' quickly becomes mockery and derision, without any respect whatsoever for the poster or for an alternative view. Please lose the sarcastic tone.

Okay, first, I wasn't being sarcastic (at least, when in that last post.) Believe me, you'll know when I'm being sarcastic, so cool out. It is well known around here, that when you start a thread, you'd better well have a thick skin, because there are those that would give posters a royal tongue lashing.

Have you ever, for one minute, considered the fact that just because an individual posts a subject, it doesn't mean that they BELIEVE with every fibre of their being that it is true - maybe, just maybe they want to hear other people's slant on it- without judgement.

People are going to either agree with the poster, or disagree. Those who disagree are going to voice their opinions, and they have as much right to do that as the original poster, because, chances are, that's what they believe. Your first post in this thread went over just fine, however your second post, and I quote directly:

Here's another picture. Apparently she states that a Native American did it when she was drunk on Brandy. Yeh, whatever.

You were, very clearly, not only calling her (whom I'm sure none of us know personally) a liar, you structured your statement as a matter-of-fact and just had to take a little jab at, well, whomever that it was intended for. (I'm not going to say that you were assaulting Masonry, because A: that means that you are just uneducated about it and B: I have no direct proof that this was an intentional jab.) Not everything is a Masonic conspiracy and like I said before, you'll always find a link if you look hard enough to create one to believe in.

Is that not the whole point of this damn board?

The point of "this damn board" as you so eloquently put it (see, that's me being sarcastic) is to question everything, regardless of the source and to further our own knowledge.
Like I said, gotta have a thick skin.

I thought Helen Mirren's tattoo looked like the Masonic compass and set square! It does! I posted!

Right, it does to you.
Fine.
But there are those who disagree and we wanted you to know.
You made it sound like we were wrong for displaying our opinions, kind of like how you said that we all did that to you.
It's a two-way street.
Honestly, if it were a square and compass, it would look like a square and compass, and it does not.
It's too symmetrical and has none of the mathematical characteristics or proportions of the real square and compass symbol.
Care to tell me I'm wrong?
(ahem...sarcasm again)

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Everything Masonic IS a conspiracy

Are you a Mason,Wu Kung?

Why the slightly hysterical and defensive tone?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What is this conspiracy of which you speak?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You're the Mason, mate - you tell me

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Prove it.
Everything?
Everything is a Masonic is a conspiracy?
Do you have any concept of just how much the term "Everything" encompasses?
Everything indeed.
Now, y'see, that just proves how little you know about Masonry.
Do you mean the million dollars+ per day that is given to charity?
Do you mean the Shriner's children's hospitals where injured and sick children are treated free of charge?
So, what about Masonry is conspiratorial?
Perhaps you'd like to illuminate me on this subject, since you seem to know all about it.
Go ahead and name some examples, with proper citation of course, that has not been proven to have been some rogues acting on their own accord, and not in the name of Masonry.

Are you a Mason,Wu Kung?

Why?
Would that make a difference to you?
Does that make me a co-conspirator?
Am I plotting to commit subversive acts?
Since you know all about Masonic conspiracy, why don't you tell me.
And, for the record, yes, I AM a Mason.
And damn proud of it too!

Why the slightly hysterical and defensive tone?

Oh, I get it.
So when I call you out and give good examples, I'm hysterical and defensive, huh?

Sigh...
Are you kidding me?
The only thing hysterical is your paranoia.
Have you even bothered to read your former posts?
I engaged you in civil debate, and you begin questioning my character?

Usually, that's the last resort of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

And you still haven't even addressed my questions and comments from my previous post.

So, what exactly are you doing up here on ATS?

ps: you want to learn a little more about what Masonry truly is, come here and look for yourself:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read, and I just don't mean skim through, I mean READ the thread and then engage me in debate.

I'll be here, waiting patiently.

[edit on 5/5/2007 by wu kung]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Mirren Tattoo

10. Helen Mirren: The queen's got ink. The tattoo -- a small, interlaced symbol on her left hand -- is a remnant from her bad girl 20s when she "got very drunk on brandy and woke up with it the next day." I couldn't love her more. www.afterellen.com...

And what about that tattoo on her thumb? "Oh, that is from a long time ago," she says, brushing it with her right hand, as if it is going to disappear. "I was young and foolish then. But I was still old enough to know better. The story of my life, I suppose.
"http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/03/1064988396781.html

I see no connection with any masonic or any other mysterious organisation, anyway what does it matter, she has a tattoo....

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And y'know what?
When you're ready, come over to my thread and debate.
I'm done here.
I see no reason why you should get points for being willfully ignorant.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You ARE a Mason, what a surprise!

My My, you are an angry chappie tonight aren't ya

I find it interesting how you Masons on ATS feel the need to spend more or less all your time on this board defending yourselves. Is this why you come here?

I don't have the 'Evidence' or 'Citations' that you require. All I have is my intuition.

I don't need you to accreditate that to make it valid.

And the reason I haven't replied to your questions? Because they bore me. Why? Because you are a mason and your replies are contrived and obvious.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You ARE a Mason, what a surprise!

If anyone here is damn well near hysterical my friend, it is you.. not them.

He is a Mason. What does that prove, and why is that surprising? Is he now some dark figure conquering the world or some other sort of fairy tale that you may dream up? To be suspicious and down right rude, ignorant and to suggest directly or indirectly someones character has changed by being a Mason clearly put you in line with some of the much lower forms in society.

My My, you are an angry chappie tonight aren't ya

I see no anger from him, or anyone else for that matter except your self. Apparently if not everyone coincides with your ignorant theories and pathetic lies and stooping to the most primitive levels of blind misunderstandings and irrational conclusions then they are some how lower and um.. "loosing edge" on this site. How absolutely immature, honestly.

Stupid crap like this:

Is so damn old it isn't even funny. So many wonder why Masons sometimes get upset when people just uphold the most disgusting characteristics possible with complete absolute bigoted ignorance against something they simple cannot grasp, maybe it is because people like your self never seem to think about how your irrational views may effect someone else. Would you like it if someone was constantly insulting what ever organization you may belong to? how about your family? Church? whatever..

There is discussion, and there have been many damn good discussions lately that I am proud of, not just with the flow they moved, but the attitudes of all partaking. People like your self however want no discussion, they only want to preach their "research" which typically consist of pointing out Google videos about crap you don't and probably cannot understand and declaring it what ever comes first to that tiny, empty dark cavity where your brain is supposed to be.

I find it interesting how you Masons on ATS feel the need to spend more or less all your time on this board defending yourselves. Is this why you come here?

Put it this way mate. IF MASONS WHERE NOT ON THE BOARD .. what the hell do you think this site would be? you would have the boards being dicated by 13 year olds (or those with 13 year old mentality capabilities like your self..) bringing in there oh so intelligent "research" and having NO ONE to varify if it is in fact truth or not.

You should consider your self LUCKY there are Masons on this board willing to take time out of THEIR day to explain the going ons of the craft.

Those who understand this and take the information to heart come out enlightened just ever so slightly, while fools like your self in your self righteous bigoted ways simply remain the same and ANGRY because you cannot make an argument to contend with the Masons of this board. Perhaps its because half the crap out there has been said and done and explained and debunked and there is no one else's research to mooch off of to make your self seem in some way more intelligent then the rest and know the "secret" .. because all the people like you know the "secret" right?

Your simply filled with hate, jealousy and spite because you have been bested

I don't have the 'Evidence' or 'Citations' that you require. All I have is my intuition.

and your "intuition" means nothing. If one who did not understand what they where talking about but left to be the sole voice of the topic because they them selves think they know what they are talking about, this is how hate and bigotry is spread among people. You hate Masons and the institution not for any rational reason, but simply because you have convinced your self we are people worth hating.

And the reason I haven't replied to your questions? Because they bore me. Why? Because you are a mason and your replies are contrived and obvious.

As a Masons I would only assume we have more knowledge of Masonry then you your self. Some have seen this and believe this, but self important egotistical fools like your self would rather dwell in their own self short falling then actually try and learn something.

Nothing more sickening and pathetic honestly.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
To be suspicious and down right rude, ignorant and to suggest directly or indirectly someones character has changed by being a Mason clearly put you in line with some of the much lower forms in society.

Then you,my friend, must be in line with some of the much lower forms in Society for being suspicious and downright rude, ignorant and suggesting that my character has changed by believing that Masonry has something to hide.

The fact that you are at least the 4th Mason to enter this thread purely to mock, deride, insult and attempt to 'out-intellectualise' proves my point entirely.

I am enjoying your attempts to gang-stalk me. My opinion will not waver. It has been made stronger

Cheers Guys!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I am enjoying your attempts to gang-stalk me. My opinion will not waver. It has been made stronger

No doubt you are. In your opinion a Mason should not be involved in ATS discussions regarding Masons because they make little children like your self appear to have the intelligence of a cactus? Your sensational views have no value to them at any level, your stupid attempts to fend people off because they ruined your thread by telling you how completely wrong you -- and you ARE wrong kid, dead wrong. The fact that you see a symbol on someone and claim that they must be some kind of agent for the Masons should say everything that needs to be said about you.

You apparently, very apparently actually.. have a few insecurity issues to act out the way you do when someone questions your little hypothesis.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wow Man, you do well at patronising! Keep it up.

Read back along this thread. Have I resorted to schoolyard name calling and bullying? No.

You have. Speaks volumes.

Oh and by the way, I'm a 30 year old woman, kid

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Wow Man, you do well at patronising! Keep it up.

Thanks.

Read back along this thread. Have I resorted to schoolyard name calling and bullying? No.

Yes actually, your apparent hatred of Masonry and Masons on this board. You seem to think that by coming on this thread and telling you your wrong (which you are) that we are ganging up on you and ... some kind of paranoia .. seem to think we are halting your discussion.

You have. Speaks volumes.

Just to your childish behavior.

Oh and by the way, I'm a 30 year old woman, kid

Which shows that no matter how long you walk this earth, maturity is not a given.

Knowing your age I would personally expect that you would want a rational civilized conversation, not the sensational rantings of childish nature when your told your wrong and persist to think your right regardless of what your told, holding dearly to your own thoughts and opinions without making the slightest effort to better your self by actually learning something.

To much effort involved in that, huh ma'am?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You're the Mason, mate - you tell me

Sure. There IS no masonic conspiracy. Mate.

Right-o then. Well I'll stick to evidence and personal experience, you stick with your intuition, and we'll go from there.

Or rather, you will. I won't, as describing me as a 'gang-stalker' for no good reason suggests you don't really want any form of dialog at all with me.

Mate.

[edit on 5/5/07 by Trinityman]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I prefer to keep an open mind. MY mind, might I add, filled with MY ramblings and musings.

I am entitled to my view,and it is a view many others share. I am suspicious of you and your 'Brethren' irrespective of what facts and figures and 'proof' you throw at me.

I care not for secret societies with members that hold high positions of power. Call me cynical, but 'Philanthropists??' Don't make me laugh

Call for "Citations! Proof! Intellectual debate!"

Nope, you won't get it here. All I have is my gut feeling. And I trust it.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
You base your hypotheses on your gut feeling..

And you have the nerve to get pissy, getting your panties in a bunch, when people ask you for evidence to back your sensationalist views?

Dear god.

I've met ignorant, and I've met arrogant, and I think I have few words in my vocabulary that could describe you.

Wasted my time if that how you handle your self.

By the way -- thats not being opened minded at all, but rather closed minded, as you make no effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join