It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helen Mirren's Tattoo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
She's just won an Oscar, and played the Queen. And has THIS on her hand. Hmm

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Delta Alter]

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Delta Alter]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Here's another picture. Apparently she states that a Native American did it when she was drunk on Brandy. Yeh, whatever.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I agree with the " whatever" part....

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I did a quick search for it on symbols.com which came up with these symbols and I think that it looks like this one.

A rune called ing or ingz, associated with fertility, from one of the runic alphabets.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR I agree with the 'whatever' part..

So why bother posting a reply?

Xeros, I agree thatrune looks similar. But it also looks exactly like the Freemasonry symbol.

Anyway, just thought I'd point it out. Who knows, right?

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Delta Alter]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Does anyone have any thoughts as to why Helen Mirren has an alleged Square and Compass tatooed on her? Rather that just saying 'Yeah" and "me too" lets try and investigate this a little further.

My thoughts for the possibilities are:

1. She's a Lady Mason

2. Her father was a freemason and tatooed it on her when she was small.

3. It's a birthmark

4. It's not a masonic symbol at all

Any other possibilities?

Personally, I think Xeros has got closest.

Her only tattoo - on her right hand at the base of her thumb - dates from that period. It's in the shape of three Vs, which she says is an American Indian peace symbol. She keeps in touch with some of the people with whom she forged friendship in the era of peace and love five-skin spliffs.

Cinemas online

[edit on 4/6/07 by Trinityman]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I can't find any Indian Peace Symbol that resembles what she has on her hand.

I find it interesting that (apparently) the tattoo isn't covered up for her portrayal of the queen, it is in plain view. Rather odd.

The rumours go that she is a member of The Order of the Eastern Star, a female Masonic Society. Whether the tattoo is anything to do with that is another matter.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It looks nothing like the Masonic symbol!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
For certain, it is a rune of the Anglo-Saxon version, which came later than the original Futhark. It can be written several ways, one of which is the symbol on her hand. She may be a student of runes or she could be simply intrigued by Norse mythology (where the runes were originally created)

URL: www.tarahill.com...

DIVINATORY MEANINGS:
work, productivity, bounty, groundedness, balance, connection with the land
MAGICAL USES:
fertility, farming, growth, general health, balance
ASSOCIATED MYTHS & DEITIES:
Freyr / Ing, Nerthus, Thor, the Vanir

ANALYSIS:
Ing is a Danish / Anglo-Saxon name for Freyr, the God of agriculture and fertility. Agriculture represents one of the first attempts by mankind to control the environment, and the fertility of crops, animals and people has always been the primary concern and religious focus of most Pagan agrarian societies. From the earliest Sumerian accounts to modern-day British folk custom, people throughout history have sought to ensure the success of their crops.
The vast majority of people in Western society have lost all contact and connection with the land and the process of growing things. The spiritual consequences of this segregation from the earth have been disastrous, since most people find it difficult to relate to deity in a purely man-made environment. The shape of this rune can be likened to that of a field, but its real significance may lie in its balance, representing the harmonious relationship between ourselves and the four elements / four directions. Inguz reminds us of that ancient connection between the Gods and the land, and re-links (the real meaning of the word 'religion') us with our spiritual natures through the realm of the physical. It is quite literally a grounding rune, and by reintroducing us to the earth, it reconnects our bodies, our minds and our spirits.

Mod Edit: No Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: ATS Handbook – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

A rune called ing or ingz, associated with fertility, from one of the runic alphabets.

Good find Xeros.

Fertility symbol. At her age?
Okay. (I can say that, i'm old too)
Mystery solved. She got drunk and someone etched a fertility symbol on her hand.

[edit on 4/7/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Delta Alter
The rumours go that she is a member of The Order of the Eastern Star, a female Masonic Society. Whether the tattoo is anything to do with that is another matter.

Eastern Star?!?!
Oh no!
Beware the spaghetti dinners and bake sales!

It's a conspiracy to rule the world by making everyone too fat and diabetic to be able to resist their oppression.

Heh, sorry, I couldn't resist.
Continue.

ps: it looks like a viking/Scandinavian rune. Not being an expert, I'm not sure, but I think I've seen that before in a rune book.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Fertility symbol. At her age?

Don't forget, she hasn't always been this age. In fact, I'll stick my neck out and say she has never been as old as she is now!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
looks very masonic to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by divine chronic

At last! Someone who has eyes!

It may be a rune, it may be an Indian symbol - but it just as likely may be a symbol of Freemasonry.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It may be a rune, it may be an Indian symbol - but it just as likely may be a symbol of Freemasonry.

I don't agree. Since she has given interviews in which she explicitly states that it is a Native American symbol, and since it has only a passing resemblance to a masonic symbol (square and compass), and since there is no obvious reason why should have a masonic symbol tattooed on her hand anyway, my opinion is that the balance of probability is against it being masonic.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by divine chronic

Um, as opposed to slightly masonic?

At last! Someone who has eyes!

Hey! I have eyes! Two of them, and they're both very handsome.

Would it actually make a difference if it were a masonic symbol?
Do you know how many people actually have masonic tattoos?
Lots.
( www.masonicink.com... )

Besides, it's more than likely not masonic, I mean, not that it really matters to me. I don't really care.

Why are so many people trying to find masonic connections in everything these days?
Sheesh.

[edit on 4/8/2007 by wu kung]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
Would it actually make a difference if it were a masonic symbol?
Do you know how many people actually have masonic tattoos?
Lots.
( www.masonicink.com... )

Besides, it's more than likely not masonic, I mean, not that it really matters to me. I don't really care.

Why are so many people trying to find masonic connections in everything these days?
Sheesh.

The people featured in that link aren't famous, therefore it isn't interesting.

The reason I keep trying to find Masonic connections with famous people is because it is a topic that interests me.

This website is seriously losing its edge. Are we only allowed to post 'Approved' topics that every other member agrees with?

[edit: fixed closing italics tag]

[edit on 9-4-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
She was probably drunk, rambling about wanting a baby, in her past. The Native American, who had a knowledge of runes made that tattoo, which is in a relevant place, which you can work out.

Can there be female Masons though? Please enlighten me.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

Can there be female Masons though? Please enlighten me.

No. To be a Mason you have to be a man. Now there are some groups that CALL themselves Masons and allow women to join but that doesnt make them Masons. I can go down to the Army/Navy store and buy a uniform but that doesnt make me a soldier. To be a Mason you ahve to be first and foremost a man.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The people featured in that link aren't famous, therefore it isn't interesting.

The reason I keep trying to find Masonic connections with famous people is because it is a topic that interests me.

This website is seriously losing its edge. Are we only allowed to post 'Approved' topics that every other member agrees with?

Why dont you post a list of things that interest you so we can all modify our postings to keep you entertained

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join