It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits are enjoying their stay in Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Iran Broacasts New Image of Britons

In a new set of pix, released by iranian semi-official fars news agency, captured sailors could be seen playing chess, drinking tea and coffee.

boy, if I were in their position, I'd not want to go back to Iraq

I wonder if the iranian hostages taken by US, are getting treatment like this in Gitmo.

More coming soon ..........

Keep It Real

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
More ...

Hey look, Turney is'nt wearing a scarf.

Keep It Real

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Keep It Real

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yes, the times of their lives to be sure! I wonder to which five star resort they've been interred? Oh, and is that a shuffleboard in the background?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
we can easilly analyze how westerners treat their captives...

[edit on 3-4-2007 by untilted]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I wonder if those photographs were taken before or after the mock executions?

...and I think I'd rather be forced to wear a burka than those track suits.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ignore this post

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Bugman82]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
On of the thing air crews (for instance the two Johns whos tornado was shot down in the first gulf war) is to look as desheveled and beat up as possable. This is to
a. get the sympathy of people seeing the images.
b. hopefully to minimise the amount of beating / tourture.
c. hope your captors will feed and water you better.
I'm sure Iran are very good hosts under other circunstances.

Right now I can't get the picture of Fawlty Towers out of my head, only Basil and Manwell have AK47's!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by untilted
we can easilly analyze how westerners treat their captives...

Yes, and I'm sure ALL Westerners treat POWs this way. Dang, I hate when people generalize a populace IGNORANTLY over a few exceptions of the true perspective. This is the type of communication that generates hate......thanks for furthering a hate agenda towards a culture based on exceptions......... /golf clap

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
Ignore this post

it`s easy to generalize when majority of western people are silent about how their beloved leaders treat prisoners, hence agreeing with those criminal acts...

so you would rather the truth would be forgotten?...

it is not hate it is the truth!!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ignore this post

it`s easy to generalize when majority of western people are silent about how their beloved leaders treat prisoners, hence agreeing with those criminal acts...

so you would rather the truth would be forgotten?...

it is not hate it is the truth!!!!!

The context in which you placed it isn't truth. You used this so called "truth" in a generalizing manner which is a fallacy. That means it makes your argument invalid.

If you truly meant for your post to be "truth" you would not have generalized. Your purpose of your post was to generate emotion. That's the only reason you posted it.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The context in which you placed it isn't truth. You used this so called "truth" in a generalizing manner which is a fallacy. That means it makes your argument invalid.

funny, you sound just like any of other standard ignorants... where did I say ALL westerners?

can`t you read?

or are you just stupid westerner?...

CX

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
All this shows me is that the Brits are making the best of a crappy situation.

They are allowed the company of each other luckily (or as least it appears that way even if it's just for the odd photo), and of course they'll be happier and look less stressed than if they were isolated.

Whilst i doubt for one minute that this is a holiday for these sailors as seems to be the thought by some here, Brit troops have an extrordinary sense of humour and can often have a laugh between themselves in the most strange and sometimes unlikely situations.

A grin and a joke maybe between you and your mates can see you through the most traumatic times during your time in the forces.

I think these troops sense of humour and comradery will have totaly got them through this.

CX.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

funny, you sound just like any of other standard ignorants... where did I say ALL westerners?

can`t you read?

or are you just stupid westerner?...

This is my last post on this subject. You generalized by using the term "Westerner". You did not specify......you simply said "Westerner", which implies all Westerners treat POWs in this manner.

You also generalized again in the above statement. You said, "or are you just a stupid Westerner?" This again is a generalization towards Westerners being stupid.........and like I said before generalizations promote hate towards that group of people.

What kind of flak would I have recieved on this board if I would have made a statement such as, "or are you just a stupid black person?" or "are you just a stupid Russian?" or "are you just a stupid Mexican?" or "are you just a stupid homosexual"..........see how generalizations are very very dangerous?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
untilted you forgot about when taliban beheaded American and Western POWs. If you dont like the Western world dont come to websites like this and dont speak English. Go back to crapping in your drinking water.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Propaganda is a two way street my conspiracy nut friends, this proves it.

The Iranians promised just only yesterday that they would show footage or images of the soldiers in the press again, they went back on their word. And why? To try and show to everyone that they are not the aggressors in this situation.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Peyres]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Now_Then

wrong country
- that was Iraq in the first GW.

Bugman

so the years of reporting of abuse in Iraq and guantanamo must be fallacy and make everyone ignorant of the `do as i say not do as i do` attitude.

the propaganda machine is going full tilt and iran have allready won this one.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
if you see the term `westerner`as generalization that is your problem... when I say westerner I say a great majority of westerners...

a great majority westerners = westerners

the problem is that you accused me of spreading hate when I just shown the truth with nice photos of western captives...

and that is unforgivable...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Also, I strive not to be ignorant about situations. When we look at these pictures we should ask questions.

We should ask:
-Why is Iran brodcasting these pictures to the world?
-What is their ultimate purpose in doing this?
-Is it to further their agenda or are they truly doing it because they are just such nice people?
-Who would people be more likely to sympathize with after seeing these pictures? Would Iran recieve praise or the British sailors?
-What kind of effect would pictures like this have on the minds of people when they think about the word "captured"? Would people begin to think that being captured may not be a bad thing after seeing these pictures?

We have to ask questions.........

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The repeated showing of photographs of British soldiers on Arab TV is an absolute disgrace. They are being treated like animals in a cage for the Arab population to throw scorn upon.

If this is the general mentality of the Arabs, then they deserve all they get.

Let us not forget that the oil would still be under a lot of sand and water if it were not for the horribly 'imperialist' Britain. Oh, and they wouldn't have electricity to turn on their warped TV channels either.

And WE are the ones branded racists? This is a blatantly racist incident.

How about if the white 'western' world were to put arabs, asians or blacks in a room and pop them on international TV. There would be outcry!

Iran either is entirely stupid for provoking nations, or it has a hidden agenda.

I suspect the second suggestion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join