It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon Landing a Hoax?...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I do not blame anyone for not jumping in so here is some more info.
You really have to search for this stuff but there is no end to it!.
TWICE burned, thrice shy? A NASA experiment to test Mars probe technology crashed in flames on 22 August - 2008 the second time in recent weeks that NASA has had its fingers burned by an outside company's launch failure.

The prototype ALV X-1 rocket, built by Minnesota-based Alliant Techsystems, was supposed to carry a suite of NASA experiments to hypersonic speeds. But the rocket had to be detonated after it began to veer off-course.

NASA Announces Mishap Board Members for OCO Investigation
03.03.09 -- NASA has selected the members of the board that will investigate the unsuccessful launch of the Orbiting Carbon Observatory on Feb. 24.
I think another recent mission failed but I can't find data.

The Kepler mission has been delayed till after midnight. Any bets!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
no, the moon landings were not a hoax.

if they were then why are disclosure astronauts who are openly talking about UFO visitations and sightings not disclosing this too.

its rubbish and tiring to hear this again.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You moon folks probably know all about this stuff already. I am new at it.

TWICE burned, thrice shy? A NASA experiment to test Mars probe technology crashed in flames on 22 August - the second time in recent weeks that NASA has had its fingers burned by an outside company's launch failure.

The prototype ALV X-1 rocket, built by Minnesota-based Alliant Techsystems, was supposed to carry a suite of NASA experiments to hypersonic speeds. But the rocket had to be detonated after it began to veer off-course.

One of the experiments, called SCRAMP, was to test a novel shape for Mars probes, similar to a shuttlecock. Another, called HyBoLT, aimed to measure airflow and heating at hypersonic speeds. "These are one-of-a-kind payloads," says NASA's Juan Alonso.

On 2 August, a NASA solar sail experiment was destroyed when aerospace firm SpaceX's Falcon 1 rocket failed after launch.

I am pretty sure another mission for about $175 million just failed but I can't find the data.

Kepler is delayed till after midnight. Any wagers?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Sorry about the double post. I was not aware that there was a page change.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The subject of the moon hoax seems played out. Possibly I am a poor navigator of this site and just can't find anyone interested in the conspiracy. The site is not exactly user friendly.
jra I have noticed that you visit the site quite often. I would like to revisit the Earth -man photo question with you. If you are not offended by my previous posts.
I was wondering if you know how they picked up all those rocks off the moon surface, if the suits were so ridged?

jra

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
I was wondering if you know how they picked up all those rocks off the moon surface, if the suits were so ridged?

They had tongs that they used to pick up things from the surface.

Sorry I haven't replied to your recent posts. I don't always have the time to reply to every thread that I'd like to.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

Interesting shadows in that pick. Some run in the opposite direction to others lesss than a foot away. Simply amazing how the sun manages to shine from all angles around the astronot at the same time..

jra

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
Interesting shadows in that pick. Some run in the opposite direction to others lesss than a foot away. Simply amazing how the sun manages to shine from all angles around the astronot at the same time..

Uneven terrain causes the shadows to appear to go in different angles. Perspective can also play a roll as well.

I found this photo with a quick google search. But I suppose it's fake due to the shadows going all over the place?

Note how the shadows of the horses are at different angles from one another, due to perspective. Also note how the shadows of the trees in the background on the right are going at a very different angle due to the slope of the hill.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by jra]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

It's not your job to baby sit me. I do appreciate your keeping me honest.
No problems!
I started a new thread. called New Moon Hoax Ideas. It's quite active.
Please have a look.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

The Myth busters did a good job explaining the shadows on thier tv show
Although I think they did a poor job answering the weightless hop and the footprint.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
hi,

everyone talks about all the fake pictures that ARE there.
however why isn't there any questions about the pictures that ARE NOT?

like in....
1. NASA, THE space agency goes to the moon
2. NASA, launches hubble

3. NASA offers NO PICTURES of the equipment left behind after
all those missions

My question... did i miss these pictures?

so many telescopes and no pictures off the known(?)landing sites

my 2c.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by seppsoft]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
I found this photo with a quick google search. But I suppose it's fake due to the shadows going all over the place?

Im not sure how you can say that photo is comparable to the 'moon' landing photos? So the angle of a few shadows are slightly different? At least they still indicate a light source coming from one direction. By comparison, the shadows in the moon shots run in opposite directions

I know some of you really want to believe we landed on the moon but Im sorry - it didnt happen.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seppsoft
hi,

everyone talks about all the fake pictures that ARE there.
however why isn't there any questions about the pictures that ARE NOT?

NASA offers NO PICTURES of the equipment left behind after
all those missions

Yea, even better is the alleged video of the LEM taking off from the moon. The video pans at just the right moment and follows the LEM upward. Apparently it was done by remote control or timed or something.. Simply amazing considering this technology existed in 1969..not..

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What I read before (not 100%) was compared to modern computers , the on board computer on Apollo was the equivalent of a calculater.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seppsoft

I have a post on the previous page about photos that should be there but there are only three poor ones that jra helped me find.
There are three recent moon maping missions, One is Japanese, Selen one is european ESMART and I think India is into it also.
I am not sure but at least one of these has the capability to show some very small lunar details. I doubt they will show footprints. I think that would be the only proof a man was there. All that other stuff could be left there by remote control.

jra

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seppsoft
so many telescopes and no pictures off the known(?)landing sites

You'd need a telescope with a mirror that's at least 200m in diameter. (The biggest right now is 11m)

Just wait till NASA launches the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter. It will be able to take images of the Moon at a resolution of 1m per pixel.

Originally posted by Nonchalant
By comparison, the shadows in the moon shots run in opposite directions

Show me one that has shadows going in opposite directions. I've yet to see that.

Yea, even better is the alleged video of the LEM taking off from the moon. The video pans at just the right moment and follows the LEM upward. Apparently it was done by remote control or timed or something.. Simply amazing considering this technology existed in 1969..not..

It was merely timing on the camera operators part, it's really not that amazing. It just takes some practice. If you're capable of following a countdown and can handle a 2 second delay, then you can do it too. Technology has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

You seem to think that an effort should have been made to take pictures to "prove" that they really were on the Moon, yet you reject the hundreds of pictures that do exist. Why would you accept any images? The images were taken on the moon. If you don't think it looks like the moon why would the image you demand look any different?

Since you don't believe the mountains of evidence that the lunar landings happened and you seem to wonder why the images that you want to see weren't made, the only way to prove (to you) that the lunar landings happened is if you go the the LZ yourself.

Another pointless Moon landing hoax thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My point about those photos is better represented on the other thread.
It basically asks" Are They Possible or Impossible? " I hope you can handle a direct answer.
If I risked my life going to the moon I would like a photo of me and the Earth to show all the world.
I have my pics from the Nam where I risked my life. You can see the tea bar in the background to prove it.
I don't think anything is worthless unless you are a Jim Jones follower.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've always thought the moon landing was a hoax, more of NASA's trickery to the public. So much for a "civillian agency".

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My take on the supposed Landings.

I have no solid proof, if I did than this wouldn't be a theory any more it would be fact. However i have some points that i believe show some potential for it being a hoax.

Take into concideration the space race, The US had already been beaten by the Soviets to put a man in space, The US, being a power hungry nation had very good reason to stage a moon landing, if not for any otehr reason other than to save face and say We did it first. As of this day I have not heard of any other nation making it to the moon, although the Chinese were supposed to make a fly by a few years back taking images of the surface which would have shown if the US did land or not. I have seen no images from this voyage if it even happened.

Now take into consideration that even on the first try, we are led to believe that we sucessfully landed a manned mission on the moon, sucessfully launched the craft back in perfect timing to land in safe waters. On the first try, with no major errors or casualties? A little hard to swallow in my opinion.

As for Doctored images and videos, again very posibble, there is footage of suposed to locations when overlapped show the same hill.

In my opinion I do not believe we landed on the moon. I believe the government staged it all to show they world they could be first to the moon. They staged it to comply with what President Kennedy promissed. It was purely a political stunt.

The Revel
TheoriesAndConspiracies.com

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join