It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, that really freaky stuff on 3 sisters abruptly stopped today, but there was some event approximately 30 minutes ago (approx. 22:25 UTC) that is recorded on almost every webicorder in the Cascades. I see nothing that correlates timewise on the USGS quake page.

www.ess.washington.edu...

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Mt. St. Helens Dome Station webicorder has shown some bizarre activity in the past twelve hours:

And it coincides with the same bizarre activity on Rattlesnake Mt.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
There is probably still nothing to worry about on this, right?

Mount Baker:

Rockport:

Jim Creek:

Mt. Fremont, Mt. Rainier:

Longmire, Mt. Rainier:

St. Helens Dome Station:

St. Helens South Ridge:

Chelan Butte:

Rattlesnake Moutain:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Here's the daily reminder that things aren't normal in the Northwest!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here's some more activity for ya'.
www.pnsn.org...
I live up here btw Ranier and Yellowstone, so I'm just a little worried.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Is there any truth to the reports that the Indians in the area are moving out? And that animals are migrating away from the Culderra area?
If this is true, I would agree that it is a significant sign of something coming soon with respect to eruption or serious earthquakes in the area.
Anyone have any good sources of info on this?

Thanks.

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
Is there any truth to the reports that the Indians in the area are moving out? And that animals are migrating away from the Culderra area?
If this is true, I would agree that it is a significant sign of something coming soon with respect to eruption or serious earthquakes in the area.
Anyone have any good sources of info on this?

Thanks.

Peace,

+Jammer

As posted in www.abovetopsecret.com...

Scientists Closely
Monitoring Yellowstone

The Idaho Observer
1-7-4

"When Yellowstone does blow, some geologists predict that every living thing within six hundred miles is likely to die."

Recent Eruptions, 200 Degree Ground Temperatures, Bulging Magma And 84 Degree Water Temperatures Prompt Heightened Scrutiny Of Park's Geothermal Activity

There was no choice but to close off the entire area. Everything in this area is dying: The trees, flowers, grass and shrubs. A dead zone is developing and spreading outward. The animals are literally migrating out of the park
Scientists Closely Monitoring Yellowstone The Idaho Observer 1-7-4

there is more in this thread on this too.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thanks baked. I appreciate the links.

+Jammer

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Atleast I don't live in Seattle.
[url=http://www.pnsn.org/recenteqs/latest.htm]http://www.pnsn.org/recenteqs/latest.htm[/url

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
if yellowstone goes, then be glad that you live near it, people like me in the UK will have to try live thru the nuclear winter etc........

thats if we even live long enough to see the nuclear winter......

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
ive noticed there is no actual scale to the size of the earthquakes on those seismographs, how large earthquakes are we looking at? and what could cause the almost constant earthquake/movement for 12 hours?!??!

as shown here

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
alot of pressure could be the cause of this, only question is where is this pressure from and where is it going?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i read somewhere not to sure where that, one of the mountains cant remember which is swelling like mt st helens did.........

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hello!?! Will somebody please respond to this.

There are webicorders in the Cascades that are just flat going ape-#.

Mount Baker

Glacier Peak

Camp Sherman, Mt. Rainier

St. Helens Dome Station

St. Helens South Ridge

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have completely renamed this thread in hopes some one will pay attention to me...in particular, astrocreep, kukla, and anybody else that has even a smidgeon of knowledge in this area.

Please review the past week of webicorders in the Cascades...

Pay special attention to Mt. Baker, which is just absolutely gone freakazoid, and the Dome Station and South Ridge station on St. Helens.

If we look only at the past week (and I've been harping for a month now) we see the following three types of seismic indications:

1. HF earthquakes - high frequency earthquakes, regular old earthquakes caused by brittle fracture, fault slip, etc.

2. Spasmodic bursts or rapidfire bursts - basically high frequency earthquakes that overlap each other - I quote from USGS "rarely, if ever, occur in purely tectonic regimes" and "consistent with hydraulic fracturing of previously unbroken rock".

3. LP and VLP earthquakes - long-period and very long-period earthquakes - caused by fluid-dynamic processes (i.e. magmatic encroachment - volcanic earthquakes)

4. Harmonic tremors - basically overlapping long-period earthquakes - I quote from USGS again: "HARMONIC TREMOR ACCOMPANIES NEARLY ALL VOLCANIC ERUPTIONS AND COMMONLY PRECEDES THE ONSET OF ERUPTIVE ACTIVITY BY HOURS TO DAYS." You CAN have harmonic tremors WITHOUT an eruption...but you typically don't have an eruption without harmonic tremors.

Okay, so we have ALL of the above happening.

HELLO! HELLO! Anybody out there? Can you hear me now?

P.S. AFTER A WEEK OF BIZARRE RECORDINGS ON MT. ST. HELENS' - THE SOUTH RIDGE WEBICORDER IS COMPLETELY OFFLINE AT THIS TIME.

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Look at Mt. Hood and 3 sisters right now:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I have no knowlege in this area, but I'm glad there's somebody keeping an eye on this, natural disasters are (at least to me) far more scary than any terrorist ever could be.

Many thanks.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thank you, Zzub, for paying attention. I am by no means an expert in this area, just an amateur with a lot of interest.

I sure hope one of our more seismically-knowledgable members will review this and respond.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Val,

Those are some strange readings coming out of Mt. Baker. While the amplitude isn't that large,
it seems to be well sustained. Most likely this behavior is causing the "grab bag" of behavior on
St. Helens. If St. Helens was approaching a seismic event we'd see more sustained, large amplitude
movement. I'm thinking that the SEATAC area is building towards some sort of release, which is certainly
overdue for a good 6.0 or greater.

I would also agree that we are seeing the 4 types of quakes you've outlined. I certainly see
some harmonic activity on St. Helens, not large in amplitude but definitely harmonic. Which in itself is not
good but is probably not the result of seismic activity in the vicinity of St. Helens but elsewhere.

Thanks for keeping an eye on it!

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
And thank you for responding!

I have been VERY VERY concerned about Mt. Baker for awhile now. It is acting WAY bizarre.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join