It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

david seredas "the case for nasa ufos" film

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I watched the video a while ago & enjoyed it. My question is... where can I get a UV light camera?

[edit on 28-3-2007 by jonSUN]

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
My question is... where can I get a UV light camera?

sales.hamamatsu.com...
www.nationalinfrared.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hey C.H.U.D.,

Thanks for the link to the thread, very interesting stuff, I'm going to plow through it now. Reminds me also of Trevor Constable's "critters", which he photographed with UV filters.

If you believe that electro magnetism is what really makes up the "dark energy" and "dark matter" of the universe (and it sure isn't "quintessence," whatever that is--contemporary astrophysics is worse than Harry Potter, for Chrissakes), then why not plasma entities? They live off the stuff of space...interstellar plankton.

Did you notice during the boomeranging UFO video (hadn't seen that one before, great catch) there's also something else streaking past, faint, from lower left to upper right on a fairly flat angle, but extremely fast, just as it returns on its parabolic arc?

Also, the Africa video--is that the one where MC says you're seeing moonlight reflecting off clouds? You have to give them credit, they'll say anything. If I had time I'd do a full anthology of NASA UFO deadpans.

BTW, notice how quiet it got here after those last two videos? Where'd our friends go...?

[edit on 28-3-2007 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
A BIT OFF TOPIC...

After watching the clips in this thread, I now have an even higher respect for our Astronauts. Do you guys/gals see those meteors zipping past the shuttle along the top of earth's atmosphere? It's not a barrage of meteors, but enough of them to make me not to want to go into space until shields are invented. NASA says that the odds of a "mission failure" from being struck by a meteor or space debris is 1 out of every 400. Maybe the odds are better for contracting terminal cancer, but after watching the videos here, IMO it takes BIG TIME bravery to volunteer for a space mission this early in our spacefaring evolution. -CareWeMust

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
A BIT OFF TOPIC...

After watching the clips in this thread, I now have an even higher respect for our Astronauts. Do you guys/gals see those meteors zipping past the shuttle along the top of earth's atmosphere? It's not a barrage of meteors, but enough of them to make me not to want to go into space until shields are invented.

Not to worry, the videos show that those meteors often travel in pairs, or in formation, and can materialize, stop, and make hairpin turns. IMO they are probably the least of the astronauts' dangers.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
the only video worth debating, is, in my opinion, the formation over africa...

the rest can, unfortunately or not, be explained.

someone said earlier that debris cant follow the shuttles orbit, but that is not true. debris always follows the shuttles orbit, thats physics. when stuff comes out or off of the shuttle is follows it with the same speed, on account of inertia and lack of, well, wind resistance.

so, that explains the particles that are following the shuttle in the formation video.

as i said, i dont know why they are in formation, but i guess it not that impossible to happen.

also, true, if the particles were close to the camera, they would not be affected by the terminator, but the camera could have easily be zoomed, because, as i said earlier, the cameras are combined with telescopes.

maybe that is the reason why they filmed it in the first place. maybe the astronauts thought it would be cool to film the, i dont know, pieces of a rocket or something being illuminated by the sun... you should take that into consideration.

next,

someone mentioned the "finding mir" video. in that video you can see the earths dark side, with lights in the continents, and you can see the stars in the background, so it looks like theres a lot of stuff floating there, but its actually an illusion from the lights and the stars.

but, yes, true, there are some things flying around in that video... i didnt look into that though.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
Hey C.H.U.D.,

Thanks for the link to the thread, very interesting stuff, I'm going to plow through it now. Reminds me also of Trevor Constable's "critters", which he photographed with UV filters.

My pleasure gottago. I'm not sure I've heard of the case you mention - I'll have to dig around a bit. The case it reminds me of, is the "high-speed flying rods", which was just so weird, I have to admit I have my doubts about it.

If you believe that electro magnetism is what really makes up the "dark energy" and "dark matter" of the universe (and it sure isn't "quintessence," whatever that is--contemporary astrophysics is worse than Harry Potter, for Chrissakes), then why not plasma entities? They live off the stuff of space...interstellar plankton.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking, but I'm not 100% convinced that is the explanation for all the events we have seen examples of in this footage. It's an interesting turn of events whatever way you look it it. I have to admit, having the cynical mind I have, it bothers me about the timing of this discovery.. perhaps a red-herring to throw us off the scent.

It does seem at times as if NASA is desperate to try and put a lid on this and end the speculation. The implications of this new twist in events is that these are simple, non-sentient life forms much like an amoeba or algae, where as before, there was no reason not to assume an intelligence close to our level, if not well above it was/is behind this phenomenon.

Did you notice during the boomeranging UFO video (hadn't seen that one before, great catch) there's also something else streaking past, faint, from lower left to upper right on a fairly flat angle, but extremely fast, just as it returns on its parabolic arc?

Thanks. Yeah - I noticed the other UFO. To be honest, I didn't pay too much attention to it though, as there are so many others like it in the other clips. I'd love to get my hands on the complete footage of all the STS missions that was captured, and go through it end to end - I'm sure I could find some more interesting things in there! It seems these UV enabled cameras have revealed a whole new world to us, that has been right under our noses all this time!

There is probably more than type of phenomenon at work here, I would guess. Do you remember where Martyn Stubbs talks about the "3 kinds".. the third of which was like the "cosmic-ray hits" ? I think we are just seeing the tip of the ice berg here!

Also, the Africa video--is that the one where MC says you're seeing moonlight reflecting off clouds? You have to give them credit, they'll say anything. If I had time I'd do a full anthology of NASA UFO deadpans.

Yeah, It's almost comical at times, but in a funny sort of way, I feel for them a bit, when they are obviously struggling to find words to describe something that they are seeing and trying to remain composed at the same time.

BTW, notice how quiet it got here after those last two videos? Where'd our friends go...?

[edit on 28-3-2007 by gottago]

Yeah.. I don't know, but it looks like they are coming back now anyway

[edit on 29-3-2007 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsider
someone said earlier that debris cant follow the shuttles orbit, but that is not true. debris always follows the shuttles orbit, thats physics. when stuff comes out or off of the shuttle is follows it with the same speed, on account of inertia and lack of, well, wind resistance.

so, that explains the particles that are following the shuttle in the formation video.

as i said, i dont know why they are in formation, but i guess it not that impossible to happen.

This theory fails because:

1. consider a small object leaving the shuttle, in space, it just keeps going whichever way it left in.

2. these objects, if they came off the shuttle, would just keep going, until they were just specs in the distance - but they do not, they stop, and assume, not just any old orbit, but the same orbit as the shuttle!

3. there is noting up there to stop these objects, once started in motion, relative to the shuttle.

So once they have performed this impossible feat, they then perform the slightly less impossible feat of ordering themselves into a ring, with one in the middle, which just happens to light up once all is perfect.. come on now, do you really think this is a random set of events.. the odds as I said before, would have to be huge, though I'll admit anything could be possible in this universe!

This is also where NASA shoots itself in the foot - if there is that much debris around the shuttle, they'd be s###ing themselves, because collisions with only tiny debris can rip right through the shuttle's hull. They obviously know that these "UFOs" are intelligent enough to at least be able to avoid collisions, or we would not be seeing the shuttle in use now.

It is also very strange, that after it got out that the tapes had been made, NASA/DoD stopped using un-encrypted transmissions. They obviously realized the mistake they had made. Why else would they hide further live transmissions from the public? What did they have to hide ?

Case closed IMO - unless someone can come up with new evidence ?

also, true, if the particles were close to the camera, they would not be affected by the terminator, but the camera could have easily be zoomed, because, as i said earlier, the cameras are combined with telescopes.

What you said there didn't make much sense to me, but it is apparent that you do not know much about what you are talking about, since anyone who knows about telescopes and cameras in combination would be able to tell you, that by combining them you loose the ability to focus on anything close (like the shuttle) - so I'm calling BS on this claim.

Find me one example of where it says that these were "cameras combined with telescopes", and I might reconsider.. As far as I am aware, these cameras use a traditional "optical-zoom" system, the only thing being special about it being that the glass used in the lenses lets UV and IR light through it.

If you are trying to say that the objects appear to light up because the camera is zooming in or out at the time, watch the clip again!
There is some zooming in and out, but not at the crucial times.. TBH, I doubt zooming would make much difference.

maybe that is the reason why they filmed it in the first place. maybe the astronauts thought it would be cool to film the, i dont know, pieces of a rocket or something being illuminated by the sun... you should take that into consideration.

I think they had a fairly good idea what they might be filming (or as much as we do anyway, which probably is not that much). The impression I come away with, as do many people who have researched this a bit, is that UFOs are a common occurrence, and astronauts hardly bat an eyelid most of the time!

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
The case it reminds me of, is the "high-speed flying rods", which was just so weird, I have to admit I have my doubts about it.

Escamilla's rods I don't buy. I fell upon a site soon after I heard of them that had replicated the effect with some bugs and birds in someone's backyard. The thing is that videocams don't have enough fps to create stop action and you get these weird tubelike things with winglets as a result.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking, but I'm not 100% convinced that is the explanation for all the events we have seen examples of in this footage. It's an interesting turn of events whatever way you look it it. I have to admit, having the cynical mind I have, it bothers me about the timing of this discovery.. perhaps a red-herring to throw us off the scent.

How that? The STS footage more or less was recorded by accident, a bit of bureaucratic sloppiness in not scrambling the transmissions on NASA's part which they later rectified. Or you think they left it unscrambled on purpose so this stuff would be found and spread virally on the net? Isn't NASA itself basically a big red herring in any event?

It does seem at times as if NASA is desperate to try and put a lid on this and end the speculation. The implications of this new twist in events is that these are simple, non-sentient life forms much like an amoeba or algae, where as before, there was no reason not to assume an intelligence close to our level, if not well above it was/is behind this phenomenon.

You'd think this at least would be something NASA & the PTB would want to give in to, if only to squelch speculation about ET's and UFOs. They can just say, "Hey, it's just space plankton, weird, but not to worry folks." But then their existence demands a lot of science being retooled...

I'd love to get my hands on the complete footage of all the STS missions that was captured, and go through it end to end - I'm sure I could find some more interesting things in there! It seems these UV enabled cameras have revealed a whole new world to us, that has been right under our noses all this time!

There is probably more than type of phenomenon at work here, I would guess. Do you remember where Martyn Stubbs talks about the "3 kinds".. the third of which was like the "cosmic-ray hits" ? I think we are just seeing the tip of the ice berg here!

Me too, but the idea of working for the DoD creeps me out. And I'd love to get my hands on a UV camera.
Besides the plankton, you've got these tadpoles too, they move in a clumsy spiraling pattern, there's a few in the MIR clip that are quite clear. What are they? Just "meteors" taking a break?

My only explanation of Stubbs' 3rd phenomenon is some kind of nearly pure energy sensor/probe; they ping around the shuttle almost like visible radar--one even got caught in an airlock and an astronaut mentioned seeing it caroming around, so they are visible. Cool thing is they come in lots of bright colors.

JL has said that there's a permanent ET presence around earth that we have no idea about, and moon bases, etc. When you ponder the implications of all that stuff in the STS videos, you begin to wonder. Space--at least near-earth space, is apparently a thriving ecosystem. Maybe ETs are farming up there.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

What you said there didn't make much sense to me, but it is apparent that you do not know much about what you are talking about, since anyone who knows about telescopes and cameras in combination would be able to tell you, that by combining them you loose the ability to focus on anything close (like the shuttle) - so I'm calling BS on this claim.

"The Southwest Ultraviolet Imaging System (SWUIS) is an innovative telescope/charge-coupled device (CCD) camera system that operates from inside the shuttle cabin. SWUIS is used to image planets and other solar system bodies in order to explore their atmospheres and surfaces in the ultraviolet (UV) region of the spectrum, which astronomers value for its diagnostic power."

i wrote an entire thread about the camera system on the shuttle, so you might want to read that, before "calling BS" on anything....

so, its possible that the objects were many miles away from the shuttle, far enough to be illuminated by the sun.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
nightsider,

I can't find your post anywhere - care to post a link to it?

Anyway, even if they were not close, the fact remains, that the terminator does not "hang around" that long - zoomed or not zoomed it makes little difference.

I have yet to hear a theory from you (or anyone else) satisfactorily explaining how these objects could be moving ,and then go on to match the shuttle's course.. amongst other things.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Escamilla's rods I don't buy. I fell upon a site soon after I heard of them that had replicated the effect with some bugs and birds in someone's backyard. The thing is that videocams don't have enough fps to create stop action and you get these weird tubelike things with winglets as a result.

Glad I'm not the only one who has doubts about them

How that? The STS footage more or less was recorded by accident, a bit of bureaucratic sloppiness in not scrambling the transmissions on NASA's part which they later rectified. Or you think they left it unscrambled on purpose so this stuff would be found and spread virally on the net? Isn't NASA itself basically a big red herring in any event?

I think you misunderstood me - it's the new evidence of "plasma life" that I am slightly suspicious of.. just at the time when youtube/google vids is getting lots of media exposure, which means more people seeing them and asking questions.. Having said that, there is no way of ruling out the possibility you suggested either, but I think this is a very slim possibility, and I agree with you that the whole of NASA is basically a big red herring. It's Ironic if this is the case, since it's NASA's own un-doing - an organization who's covert aim was to suppress the truth ends up shooting itself in the foot (perhaps even head), by "letting out" arguably the best video evidence ever for the existence of life, which may be intelligent out "in space"!

You'd think this at least would be something NASA & the PTB would want to give in to, if only to squelch speculation about ET's and UFOs. They can just say, "Hey, it's just space plankton, weird, but not to worry folks." But then their existence demands a lot of science being retooled...

I think more lightly, there are certain elements within NASA who like to throw us breadcrumbs every so often, and are pushing from with-in for disclosure.. but those at the top are at the same time trying to delay disclosure and slow down the process. Just speculating here, but the way things are going, and if this is the case, I think we can expect a very gradual disclosure over the next 5-15 years. I hope so anyway!

Me too, but the idea of working for the DoD creeps me out. And I'd love to get my hands on a UV camera.
Besides the plankton, you've got these tadpoles too, they move in a clumsy spiraling pattern, there's a few in the MIR clip that are quite clear. What are they? Just "meteors" taking a break?

No idea! They are very odd indeed.. No way could they be meteors! David Serada is correct when he says meteors are not luminous at that kind of altitude, and no meteor I have seen ever made a sharp angular turn, which there are multiple examples of in the footage! I think the possibilities include a distinctly different form of life/plasma-life, as compared to the other forms observed, and perhaps even an ET craft.. I can't think of anything else that could do the things these things seem able to do

My only explanation of Stubbs' 3rd phenomenon is some kind of nearly pure energy sensor/probe; they ping around the shuttle almost like visible radar--one even got caught in an airlock and an astronaut mentioned seeing it caroming around, so they are visible. Cool thing is they come in lots of bright colors.

Neat theory.. I certainly can't think of a better one.

JL has said that there's a permanent ET presence around earth that we have no idea about, and moon bases, etc. When you ponder the implications of all that stuff in the STS videos, you begin to wonder. Space--at least near-earth space, is apparently a thriving ecosystem. Maybe ETs are farming up there.

I'm open to anything at the moment, and the way things are looking, JL and Co. could well be right I think. From what I have seen, and it's probably just the tip of the iceberg, there is a mountain of evidence and testimony, much of it from very credible people. I have also had experiences which have helped convince me that we may not be alone, although nothing definitive. One thing is for sure though, there is probably as much good information as there is dis-information. Separating one from the other is virtually impossible most of the time. It just goes to show how hard those in charge are intent on confusing and dividing us as much as possible.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
*bump* - just got done watching this and would like to fire up the discussions again. Any new developments?

Purpose of Dan Akroyd intro? Lend some celeb credibility to the fight?

It's a shame that he spent SO much time on the Tether portion of the presentation, 'cause everything ELSE was really good, but I think by now we've all seen the video of how the large ('2-3 mile in diameter') objects could be false ghost images created by dust particles and lens effects of the camera/scope viewing the objects - EVEN THOUGH it appears that those objects are going behind the tether.

Man, there is SO much footage out there now, including interviews on Larry King and what-not... we've GOT to be getting close to full disclosure - either by choice or not.

*sigh* [not holding breath]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join