It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Be Adopted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm a noob... as my hubby would say. He's a US Naval "Silent Service" Member. Do I have all the goods? Nope. He's not at all hesitant with the phrase "I can neither confirm, or deny�" Do I find that frustrating? Well, yeah� wouldn�t you? Especially with all the submarine books out on the market today? I�m no different in curiosity about what�s being told and NOT TOLD.

I myself have 5 years experience with the US Navy. Nothing exciting. I was an aviation electrician and worked on F-18�s. Anything you want to know about my job, you could look up on the internet. I enjoyed my job, but I didn�t enjoy having to �prove myself� to every new command. It�s still very much a �Man�s Navy� in my opinion.

I met my husband in a little hole in the wall redneck bar in Jacksonville, Florida,.. the last place on earth I�d expect to meet another military member. As it was, I�d been a �regular� there before my 21st birthday, but unknowingly to most including the owners, but that�s another story.

It�s been going on 5 years since I married this man, and although I�m often wonder �Why in the hell�.� I�m still here. We have a beautiful blond hair, blue-eyed , girl of going on 4 years come May �04. Currently we�re in Guam, a most desirable place to visit, but NOT LIVE� unless you�re just in to natural disasters.

I guess I�m open for adoption. I�m not at all terribly familiar with online forums� and I suppose I�m not terribly familiar with issues in general.

By that I mean, I don�t generally keep up with news. However, I was watching the news tonight by the �remote� force of my husband when the subject of mad cow disease came up� I thought to myself I should watch the news more often if for no other reason than to find out if there�s a recall on beef. However, for me there�s other issues too that I should maybe pay attention to. See, I choose to believe in a �God� and the one called �Jesus� because that belief makes me �feel better� than the other religions do. Unfortunately, my daddy died in �99 and he believed that �The Bible� was nothing more than a handbook written by aliens of another planet and meant to guide us into a journey beyond what it is that we as a race know or acknowledge. OK. For example boys are supposed to circumcised on the 8th day of birth because they clot best that day (according to some verse in the bible, I don�t know which)� I don�t know if this is true and known fact, and I�d personally appreciate someone not blowing my dad clean out of the water on my first post, but if it comes up, then so be it. There�s a lot of things that my dad said to me that make me �think� outside of the typical norm. And although many of my idea come from my daddy�s I�m left wondering if others have these same thoughts. My husband tells me that I�m the only woman he�s ever known to come up with the things I come up with, and I think pretty logically, despite the blond hair, although that does come in as a handy excuse from time to time.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Welcome aboard LisaDarln, feel free to ask any questions about this site!

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Wow! What an introduction.
Welcome aboard.
I also have ties to the Navy, Jax, Electricity and Blonde/Blue daughters, so I'll offer myself as an adoptive parent.
Feel free to shop around tho.

If you have any questions, please feel free to U2U and I'll help you out.

Peace,
BG

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Welcome...wow, that's a lot of background. I myself grew up as a military brat, so I can identify somewhat. Well, if you come here, the news shouldn't be a problem. After all, many of THEM come here to see what's going on!
Hope you enjoy the site, and learn what it is you came here to learn. Welcome.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Vendui' and hearty assorted, Lisa. Please, stay awhile and share. Be well and happy holidays.

DE

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nice intro, Lisa. Welcome to ATS.
read the forum rules,make lots of posts, and most importantly, have fun.

Any questions, feel free to drop a U2U

cya around
regards
FLC

top topics

join