It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien satellite orbits Earth in 1960

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

When one of the North American Air Defence System's tracking radars picked up a huge, unknown space satellite in orbit around the Earth, the military was alarmed.

The satellite's path took it over the North and South Poles. Scientists calculated that the object's weight was about 15 tons.

The Defence Department did not know how to handle the situation. Why? Because, it was obvious that the satellite had not been launched by either the United States or the Soviet Union.

This incident occurred in February 1960. At that time, there was no booster rocket in existence and no nation was powerful enough to put a large satellite like this one into orbit.

Link

Don't know what to make of it, Hadn't heard of this, although it seems to me something like this would make big news, more then just the government is bound to have noticed this. What do you all think?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Fiction to me unless I see a decent source, newspapers or military documents.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here is something from the UFO Updates site. Think it is taking about the same object.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So are we saying this article from 1960 is wrong?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacedeck
So are we saying this article from 1960 is wrong?

I suspect the article was wrong. The UFO news letter info by James Smith is trying to set it straight. Based on his research he believes the original article is in error. Do I have any basis for belief or disbelief in Mr. Smith? No I don't.

Do I necessarily believe the army? No. Do i believe the army could make a mistake? Yes.

[edit on 3/18/2007 by roadgravel]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm not sure how it is possible to estimate a mass of 15 tonnes for an object in orbit, so the difference between 15 and 4 tonnes would seem relatively negligible to me. Odds on it prob could of been a second stage booster as suggested. - Only saying this cos of the timing, and the paranoia etc around in the 60's.

Just me (simply informed) opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is an interesting case, reminds me of what Cliff Stone says in some of
those Disclosure Project or Camelot interviews talked about. A HUGE satellite visiting Earth every 15 to 20 years, and the fact that it won't be able to be kept from the public.

new topics

top topics

join