It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible super huge underground base found!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There is only one small problem I see with building a "Super-Base" North of China Lake. This thing would be skirtting the edge of Death Valley National Park.

No Offence, but I find it odd that they would stick an undergruond military base so close to a national park. If you look on a map of California, a place to the South of China Lake would make more sense.

Tim

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
There is only one other place on the west coast that the Navy can drop live ordnance - that place is Fallon, NV.

Not entirely true. Although, MCAS Miramar (formerly NAS Miramar) is a Marine Corps air base, both the Navy and Marine Corps close air support training squadrons are based out of Miramar and use the ordinance ranges on Miramar. Also MCAS Yuma also does live ordinance training with both Navy and Marine Squadrons. Just FYI

edited: because I forgot to hit the space bar. D'oh!!

And for those who might be wondering: Miramar is in California and Yuma is in Arizona

[edit on 3/20/2007 by PapaHomer]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by allMIGHTY
i want to add something. 3-5 mins after i posted this, the ATS website was
down for a few minutes.

Sure, it must not have to do something with that but for me it is a bit weird that
ATS has gone offline for a few minutes after i posted this thread.

I'm almost 100% sure that the going ofline has to do with skeptic overlord and his people fiddling with the post bar on the bottom. So don't alarmed.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
No Offence, but I find it odd that they would stick an undergruond military base so close to a national park. If you look on a map of California, a place to the South of China Lake would make more sense.

Tim

Keep in mind the supposed facility underneath DIA and the long list of other facilities all over the country. I don't think it really matters how close they are to civilization as long as the entrances are hidden.

Gathering List of underground facilities in US
www.abovetopsecret.com...

D.U.M.B at Denver International Airport
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by allMIGHTY

There is an underground base at China Lake. I grew up in Ridgecrest and I heard my parents talk about it. I questioned my dad later and he said it was there as a place for the president to go if he was in CA and war broke out. He told me it was top secret and not to talk about it. At the time it was a good enough answer. Years later again overheard my Mom say one of her clients worked under the base and he went crazy and had to be sent to OK by the govt. for treatment. Also the area where a reported cavern opening to an underground city near Death Valley is now owned by China Lake.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The more plausible explanation is that the Northern reaches of the Naval Air Weapons Station, China Lake encompass the Coso Geothermal Field. Being a verified volcanic range, this accounts for seismic activity. If there is a giant, underground, facility at China Lake, it would certainly not be located under an active volcanic range for obvious reasons.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is actually very interessting:

If you go north / northeast , following the Tower Rd to the end where the mountains start - you will see a crop cirkle / Star of David at the cross road.
I cant remember seeing this spot on any collection of interesting Google Earth Secret Spots !

My question is: is that Crop Cirkle / Star - a point of entry to the underground base ?

- And whats with all those roads between from city China Lake and the mountains in north ?

East just outside the city, there are some strange small buildings in the road system called 1st street, 2nd street and so on.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
While it is not direct evidence of an underground base... the dismissing it as a series of bombing impacts is even more ludicrous.

Look at the depth... I don't think that any incarnation of the Massive Ordinance Penetrator can get that deep. GBU-57A/B)

Lets take just one of those "clusters"

10/1/1982 - 35.73 : -117.75 Mag 3.4 Depth 5 km
10/1/1982 - 35.73 : -117.75 Mag 5.4 Depth 8 km
10/30/1982 - 35.73 : -117.75 Mag 3.5 Depth 7 km
1/5/1983 - 35.73 : -117.75 Mag 3 Depth 8 km
1/7/1983 - 35.73 : -117.75 Mag 3.9 Depth 7 km
1/8/1983 - 35.73 : -117.75 Mag 3.3 Depth 9 km
1/13/1983 - 35.73 : -117.75 Mag 3 Depth 9 km

Average Depth - 6.85 km
Average Quake Size - Mag 3.42

Now... at a depth of 6.85 km, you are 22461 feet underground. This presents a heat issue. Using data from observations at the Comstock mine in Nevada, temperature increases at about 1 degree for every 29 or 32.3 feet lower that you dig.

Reference

Assuming a 50 degree temperature as a start point... equating to about 25 to 75 feet down (I believe that this is realistic assumption), then by the time you reach 22461 feet, you are at about 745º to 824º F.

Even if the depth is actually at 3.5 km (since that value shows up in the oddly patterned quakes quite often) you are at 11483 feet and 405º to 446º F.

No matter how you look at it, you will need some serious infrastructure to cool the place off. Either chilling towers, piping the heat to a river system, etc. That or the place would have to be occupied by someone/thing capable of existing in that sort of environment... say, a Venusian. (I'm not postulating that, just observing that it's just as hot on Venus.)

So... what you should be looking for, is some evidence of how this heat issue is being dealt with. Something like a stream or river being A LOT warmer than it should be... or a nuclear reactor plant whose cooling towers never decline in heat output even when the reactor is offline... stuff like that.

Meanwhile, Geocover 1990 of the area (warning, large image)

files.abovetopsecret.com...

And Geocover 2000 of the same area... also a large image.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

The green red and yellow ovals are Nasa Worldwind's plot of the quakes from the OP's Google Earth imagery.

The historical data comes from neic.usgs.gov...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
new to ats here...just curious how you ppl are finding all of this on google earth...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just check out the following Google Earth location...hidden under "clouds of smoke" Surrounding area FULL of unusual features. You can see ends of runway at each end of the "Cloud". Check history button on Google Earth to see recent past without this feature on the desert.

Lat 36.120705
Long -117.465

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I knew two people who were electricians and were taken by blacked out bus (windows covered) to areas south of Darwin, CA. to work on projects.

There were times when the one I talked to had to go to special room and just sit while activities occurred. He thought it was a giant laser project powered by the Geothermal power plant they built just for that purpose.

Both are now dead of "Suicide", which no one believed.

If a laser exists it could have shot down the Space Shuttle as it passed directly over this oint on way to its crash.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
it gave you an answer... it will answer anomymously

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I was stationed at China Lake with VX-9. I always thought there was a secret base. They have a secret hanger which noone had access to. There is also civilian aircraft which noone knows about. Everyone speculated but noone had any hard evidence. Lots of really secret things went on there. Signs on base state, "What you see here, what you do here, stays here". Something along those lines anyway.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have heard some crazy(though plausible) things that happen there from when I lived in Ridgecrest.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hey everyone i am new to ATS.

I am very interested in this subject for China Lake. I was born in Ridgecrest and moved away when i turned 6. Every year from then till now(i am 19) i would go back to Ridgecrest to visit family and friends atleast twice. I have heard many interesting thing about China Lake. One of which was B mountain was man made. No one has ever said anything about a underground base but if there really was one I think it would be under there. It is a very interesting pattern of possible POI. As you all may have seen it is very much in a "square pattern".

The photo links provided by RoofMonkey are invalid links. I was sad to see this since i was interested in what they provided.

Also regarding RoofMonkey's post about temperature, if the government had the ability to build a 12 x 6 km underground base sitting at 5,000-22,000 ft and can bring a space shuttle back into earth through the atmosphere without having it burn up 100% of the time, then im sure they have developed something to withstand the temperatures down there.

Just last year i was driving on Inyokern road and noticed the mountains towards the military airport had a series of lights. Had one light in one area another light in another, all spread out throughout the mountain. There were about 10-15 of them, almost like campers with flash lights but yet it was powerful enough i could see it from the road i was on. I have heard rumors from some older people that they have seen "aircrafts flying over rain clouds and spraying something on them and within an hour the clouds were gone and no rain was dropped".

Someone posted that there are something like 4,000 people who work on the base, if i remember correctly i was told there are something around 5,000-10,000 people? Even still at 4k people they do not ahve enough buildings to house that many people. After everyone gets off work Ridgecrest is flooded with thousands of people on the road. It is ridiculous how many cars are on the road.

Sorry for the rant, just thought i'd throw my 2 cents out in the open.

Keep up the search! I am searching and planning a "research trip" out to some possible bases within the next few months.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i almost never post. i have found something near by. go north and follow the main road.

you will see another installation. appears to be bunkered down too.

if you look at one of the runways. you will see some strange squigly lines(my guess google hiding something). they are in the same pattern.

36°11'18.80"N

117°33'9.76"W

that is what seems to be a main runway. looks big enough for the shuttle.
it is about 1.1 miles long.

then there is.

36°12'19.92"N

117°33'20.45"W

that is where i see the weird lines. almost look like hebrew writing or something. not great on middle eastern languages.

also a possible entrance to the base?

36° 6'6.28"N

117°30'20.78"W

please let me know what you all think.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by allMIGHTY

Howdy there, i think you are definitely on to something. Though google earth probably excludes any military installation (more so the details of the structures and training areas of the base itself) in close up terms, i think it's a clever thought out plan to have this installation appear on google earth, then for people to think "hey it is a military underground base!" and then later realize, "wait a second, they wouldn't actually put that on here!", then for us (the public) to just forget all about it and doubt it because we couldn't have been so naive to think it's for real... when it actually is.

hope that makes sense

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They have a lot of weird stuff out there. Most of it is mock up cities and stuff like that to test weapons on.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I hate to burst super huge 'bubbles', but the locations of the "earthquakes" are in a grid pattern in the North range that strongly resembles the pattern from a USGS "Thumper" truck that was performing a survey of fault lines in the Ridgecrest area 2002/2003 I was not part of that project but I do recall the range was cold for a while when USGS was on base. The grouping to the East looks like it is in the impact area for the 5"/54 test range. I would say that those markers are likely impact points. If someone could provide me with a .kmz file for the time and area that created the markers for the image, I could look at it in google earth pro and likley confirm or deny this theory.

R-2508 does see a lot of cold and hot drops, and even a drone aircraft impact at times. While a cold (inert) drop is not likely to register unless it is very close (on top of) a seismic sensor, a 2,000 weapon with 1,000 lbs. of H-6 or other modern explosive does have a possibility to 'ring the bell'.

There is a set of sisemic sensors in Nevada that are linked to a START/START-2 treaty monitoring network just for explosive events. Next time I'm in the area I'll take some pics and post links for the curious.

I have been lucky to see a couple QF-4's and a drone helo get blasted by AIM-9's and other A/A weapons systems. There is an unclassified video called Sierra Hotel that NAWC-WD China Lake produced for a symposium some years back. I believe I still have a copy and if enough are interested, I’ll see about posting to YouTube.

If you look to the South-East a bit, you'll see Echo Range; another test and target facility that is used by all branches of the DoD. Going back a few years, Echo range was a big black hole on Google Earth. The entire range complex was redacted in the google servers. I don't know when DoD let Google publish the images but I was surprised a couple years ago when I was browsing my old project areas and saw the area was no longer blocked. Don't think about going out to wander and look for aliens, not much out there but sand, dirt, security, sand, and more sand. Even the illegal aliens ignore the place.

Way, way back in the day the Indians avoided the flats of what is now Ridgecrest because there was nothing there but death. On occasion, a shaman would wander into the hills to the North. There he would chew, eat or smoke whatever was the drug of choice to see the ancestors, get dehydrated, delirious and then start carving circles and other pictures in to the rocks. The Maturango Museum has petroglyph tours that go up into the hills a few times a year. Go to the Maturango Museum website to get information and sign up. Word of advice, plan your trip EARLY! These tours fill up months in advance and when new tour dates are posted they sell out QUICKLY.

Stray Trons
~Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox Gubernatio-ionis, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.~ (Those people should not be listened to who keep saying the voice of the Government is the voice of God, since the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness.)

edit on 5-4-2012 by StrayTrons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AUM68
This is actually very interessting:

If you go north / northeast , following the Tower Rd to the end where the mountains start - you will see a crop cirkle / Star of David at the cross road.
I cant remember seeing this spot on any collection of interesting Google Earth Secret Spots !

My question is: is that Crop Cirkle / Star - a point of entry to the underground base ?
A: If you are referring to the star in North range, it's a high-speed camera setup that covers various angles of a test site.

- And whats with all those roads between from city China Lake and the mountains in north ?
A: The roads lead up to various sites that include petrolyph and archological areas, a high energy RF test site, the Coso Geothermal plant and various remote camera, LADR, RADAR and other sensors that record the testing and training that NAWC-WD, VX-9, VX-31 (AKA Weapons Test Squadron) and others perform in the R2508 range complex.
~Stray Trons

East just outside the city, there are some strange small buildings in the road system called 1st street, 2nd street and so on.
A: If you are talking about the Pilot Plant Road complex, that is a DoD RDT&E facility. That's all I'll say about that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join