It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Abdullah Rashid al-Baghdadi Captured!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The leader of the Al Qaeda-affiliated Islamic State of Iraq, Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, has been captured in a raid west of Baghdad, an Iraqi military spokesman said Friday.

www.foxnews.com...

Another one of these scum bags is being brought in good work to all involved!!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey all you lefty anti-war faux patriots, who's winning the war again?

even with a propaganda network running 24/7 since the war began, you canbt change the facts.

Good work to our boys over seas

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Looks like it may not be him after all, unfortunately.

news.yahoo.com...

Meanwhile, Iraqi officials said they were holding a top al-Qaida official, but not the terror mastermind Abu Omar al-Baghdadi who they believed was captured a day earlier.

"After preliminary investigations, it was proven that the arrested al-Qaida person is not Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, but, in fact, another important al-Qaida official," said Brig. Gen. Qassim al-Mousawi, an Iraqi military spokesman.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

even with a propaganda network running 24/7 since the war began, you canbt change the facts.

Yah you really showed yourself here nicely
....again
. Looks like the wrong guy, but thats really not even important. The fact that there over 3000+ are dead and for what really?

brill

[edit on 10-3-2007 by brill]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The problem is no that it may not be the right person . . . but just one of them.

For every Al-qaida frist or second or third man capture or killed is always another one to take their place, and the vicious cycle goes on and on. . .

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The problem is no that it may not be the right person . . . but just one of them.

For every Al-qaida frist or second or third man capture or killed is always another one to take their place, and the vicious cycle goes on and on. . .

It's like playing Whack-a-Mole at the amusement park.

Whack one, another pops up.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

You are kidding me arent you?
How many have we captured now?
Zarqawi ring a bell?

Christ, are you really that easily bought.. that one person captured will mean the US is winning?

How many more US Soliders need to die needlessly before you stop worshipping your GW Bush doll?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
cracker jack factory

I THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Every time I hear we’ve captured an enemy (we have created) I think that’s one more reason to be at war. And because war produces enemies we will always have reasons to go to war (even if we find them midway or afterwards).
The war will be bad for my taxes but good for my portfolio of arms company shares. And when I die and meet God I’ll say “it’s not my fault I'm a patriot and the president lied to us”.
Too bad my countrymen (of one of the richest country on earth) couldn’t afford a free & high quality education. Maybe the earths not that rich? Or is because the military spent money visiting other places of the earth?
Anyway I supported the government’s policies that said people should finish their studies, after spending a few years in the army. Off they went to see the world, the anxious of evil, and the latest death and injury statistics. What a great country this place is!!
We have a fair mass media, with only 174 news titles controlled by News International, the company is nothing special, its all part of the freedom of the press to say, what they say, is right.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Exactly how many of these "government controlled mass media outlets" are pro Bush or pro War? Over 90 percent of the media reports with a liberal slant, so I just don't see how one can say they're only putting out government propaganda. Is it that they aren't overtly anti American enough in their slants where the supposed bias comes into play?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Marg it's true that someone will take the place of those we capture or kill, but generally they're less experienced and effective. It's akin to a Lieutenant or Captain filling in for a Colonel that's out of action. There's no way they're gonna be as effective. Generally we get large amounts of intel when we bag these guys as well, allowing for the capture/killing of a network of folks.

new topics

top topics

join