It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani accused of abandoning 9/11 body search to recover gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
msn.com had this article posted today. Seems the firefighters union is still pissed at the way he handled the clean up. The letter claims that Giuliani commited "egregious acts" against firefighters who died in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

The 280,000-member union accused him of expediting the clean-up process with a "scoop-and-dump" operation after the recovery of millions of dollars in gold, silver and other assets from the Bank of Nova Scotia that had been buried.

If you read the article you will see that the spokeperson for the Former Mayor did not even deny what he did only saying that "Those of use who have worked with him know that Rudy Giuliani has always been a steadfast and unrelenting supporter of firefighters and first responders,"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 9-3-2007 by CameronFox]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The "scoop-and-dump" was initiated after the gold was recovered, not "to" recover the gold.

There was nothing more of value in the rubble except the steel, and the only value the steel had over any other steel was its value as evidence in a criminal investigation. And this is where firefighters got pissed and rioted, because Rudy started scooping it out bodies and all to haul ass out of there.

BPAT and other early investigative teams under FEMA had virtually no access to the steel, except at a landfill site at Fresh Kills if I'm not mistaken, where they went on a tour through it examining what hadn't yet been removed. And that was the extent of FEMA's access to the steel.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by bsbray11]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
talk to MSN... it's their title! I did highlight in the post that it was AFTER the recovery.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I find it intrigueing that this story is comming out now. Think about it. Guilliani is pretty much the front runner in the GOP candidacy for president. I have heard that the right does not like him because he is too much in the middle (i.e. not a fundy right winger like Bush). Could this be their way of trying to discredit him before the elections?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Griff,

I also heard the NeoCons were not happy with Rudy.... seeing that the poll numbers are going up for him, they have started to "warm up" to him a bit. I hope they find a lot of dirt on this guy. He is the only one I feel that would give any Democrat a run for their money next year.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sorry that this is going off topic Cameron. I would vote for Guilliani over Clinton in a heart beat. He is middle, she is far left. I am a middle fencer myself, so he would be the better candidate for me.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Sorry that this is going off topic Cameron. I would vote for Guilliani over Clinton in a heart beat. He is middle, she is far left. I am a middle fencer myself, so he would be the better candidate for me.

I lean on the left side, but i do prefer a more moderate candidate. I'm not a huge fan of Hillary, but I fear the Republicans...Guilliani right now is a Mod. but who knows what kind of pressures will be placed on him if he gets the republican nod. ie: Big Energy, Christian Coalition..

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am not surprised at the news, nor would I be surprised to find out that this info was leaked by the neo-cons, Rudy is WAY too liberal, and uneasy feelings must be ramant in some circles.

As for myself, I intend to "pull the third lever" voting for anyone else except Democrat or Republican. Our system of allowing only 2 parties to participate in elections smells to much like the communist elections of the Soviet Union.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I would vote for Guilliani over Clinton in a heart beat.

ROFL, the irony.

Giuliani was the guy that physically secured the structural documents, etc., from what I understand. It was his office specifically that made sure all of those things were "preserved" -- under lock and key. Maybe with your vote you can ask him for the plans. You'd probably have better luck with that than with the Port Authority; the PA just sounds like a bunch of asses to me.

Voting for one or the other is like voting in a mascot for the mob. And considering this guy's bunker with the OEM and FEMA in WTC7 and all of that mess, I can't see how he wouldn't have been involved on some level. And you'd vote him in anyway? I mean it's going to be one or the other, but why even honor them? I would think that the least you can do is abstain as a conscientious objector to the whole system. I want to see it all collapse, either from them wiping themselves out or from mass civil unrest, but we need to rebuild from the ground up. It's too eat up from the inside already, there's no hope in playing their game and trying to win.

top topics

join