It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Wham! Bang!* Marvel kills off Captain America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Aren't all the superheros zombies right now anyway?

That's just a spin off comic, that's non canon with the rest of the Marvel series. Its events take place on a different Earth.

*major spoilers*

While entering a Federal Courthouse, Steve Rogers is shot in the shoulder by a sniper. In the ensuing crowd chaos, he is shot three times in the stomach and chest with a handgun, and later appears to die of his injuries. It is later revealed that the plan was orchestrated by the Red Skull; the sniper was Crossbones, and Sharon Carter, under a hypnotic suggestion by Dr. Faustus, was the person who had shot Rogers in the stomach.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
...Oh, I', so sure tha Captian America is dead... sic! (Just like Superman was dead..!) with the supersoldier formuls that cap ingested long ago,
I'm sure that his body has just shut down to repair itself...

After all, they're still publishing Captain America comics..Yeh?

that should be the tip off

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
They just take a Pause.

Superman died in comics - and he came back.

Batman died in comics - and he came back.

I think that is just a transformation of somekind.

Do not worry - Captain America shall Return!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
America is dying with fascists laws, died with the assasination of JFK, died with the FED, died with 9/11, died with the North American Union and is still dying.

The only ones who can save America is the american people, not captain america. Real life is not a movie from Hollywood, the end is not necessarly an happy ending, there won't be a hero to come save the day. Just to remember you that you're in real life.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
A sure sign of the end of times. What symbolism you put in this?

You already answered that symbolism question. Captain America represents America and the comic book people want to make big $$ killing off 'America' .... being anti-America is sooooooo in fad right now.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
So lemme see, years ago they kill off Superman, then they bring him back. Now they are killing of Captain America. Gee I wonder if they will bring him back too. Probably....

(Insert favorite soap opera style unbelievable resurection here.)

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

A sure sign of the end of times. What symbolism you put in this?

You already answered that symbolism question. Captain America represents America and the comic book people want to make big $$ killing off 'America' .... being anti-America is sooooooo in fad right now.

Hmm... Dunno about that... not in this case I think.

Actually I think they are trying to make up some allegory to these present times ...and it doesn't have to be anti-American.

As I understand the story plot it takes place in some "civil war" context; maybe they're ahead of times on that. But there's an incident prior to the dead of 'Cap' involving super heroes, which makes the public turn against them and a superhero registration act is passed. Lots of allegories there.

You have (from CNN interview with Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada)

Story Highlights
• Captain America a victim of Marvel Comics' "Civil War"
• Storyline plays off War on Terror, 9/11, says Marvel
• Is this really the end? "Cap" finale leaves questions

"He hasn't been living in the modern world and the world does move," says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada.

Quesada said he wanted to readers find their own meaning in Cap's end.

"There is a lot to be read in there. But I'm not one who is going to tell people, this is what you should read into it, because I could look into it and read several different types of messages," he told CNN.

The character's death came as a blow to co-creator Simon, the Associated Press reported.

"We really need him now," Simon, 93, told The AP.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

But I wouldn't be too sure about resurrection, wahtukno.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Exactly how can you be pro-Bush administration those days? You have to be crazy or cruel to love their policies. Seriously. It's not about being anti-american, but being anti-Bush administration.

But I know it's hard for you neo-cons to grasp that idea.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Haha i'm surprised he wasn't killed by a muslim suicide bomber or something like that, or would that be too blunt?

So have they stopped making the comics for now or will you find out what happens next in the next issue or what?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Read the thread! The next issue will feature the autopsy of 'Cap'.

What will they find inside him???

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

What will they find inside him???

Maybe Autopsy will reveal this:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think theres a good chance he will return, theres a movie planned for 2009

www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
"yes, because captin america died all of america will crumble. He died becasue we are all a bunch of facist nazies who hate the world..especilly muslims. America is crumbling to its knees and captin america is the reason"
Morons. I cant belive half the stuff i read hear.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
They just take a Pause.

Superman died in comics - and he came back.

Batman died in comics - and he came back.

I think that is just a transformation of somekind.

Do not worry - Captain America shall Return!

Nailed it right there.
This is a publicity stunt.
You guys (who don't read comics) wouldn't even know about this if Marvel's marketing machine didn't feed the story to the major news outlets.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morkoc96
"yes, because captin america died all of america will crumble. He died becasue we are all a bunch of facist nazies who hate the world..especilly muslims. America is crumbling to its knees and captin america is the reason"
Morons. I cant belive half the stuff i read hear.

Man, you guys are some knee jerk conspiratorial reactionaries. I have been following this storyline for sometime and it goes a lot farther back and a lot deeper then you would imagine.

Marvel Illuminati was created by Mr. Fantastic NOT Tony Stark. It was created as a cabal to deal with the final solution for the HULK, not control of mutants. The current situation of the WORLD (not America) is that a really powerful mutant had transformed it into a mutant paradise and then (after an epic struggle and climatic confrontation) back into our mundane version of local reality. BUT, in doing so wiped out 95% of the worlds original mutants.

This left us in a setting of much higher percent human to mutant population; a genetic minority became greatly more of a minority. Thus as the fear mongering rose so to did anti superhero rhetoric. After the big school disaster where the New Warriors accidentally blew up a school and surrounding neighborhood, the Superhero Registration act was quickly adopted.

CAPTAIN AMERICA formed and led the rebel group that fought AGAINST the system protecting the rights of this small minority of American population (people with powers).

The conspiracy comes into what caused the big tragedy with the New Warriors in the first place and it is looking like BIG BUISNESS/GOVT COLLUSION! This is conspiracy fantasy at its best.

As for all of you "Oh, he'll be back it's so lame they always come back..." Bah, you don't know what you are talking about and making judgments on stories/issues you never cared about anyway. OF COURSE HE WILL BE BACK. Marvel is heading for a big reset (they have to do that kind of thing every so often to keep up to date, this is a timeless medium after all), or Marvel is going out of business and is going out in style! Spider-Man is a known public figure now (no secret ID and a murderous rogues gallery that would like to kill his family), the X-Men are practically the last mutants left alive, the Fantastic Four are on the verge of a divorce, Tony Stark has become a crazy political fascist, and all kinds of B list heroes and villains are dieing off right and left. So as you can see they are either writing themselves into a corner, expecting a "reset", or going out of business with a bang... I vote for the reset where the Scarlet Witch (the mutant that set the whole world altering events in motion last year) comes back and decides to make it all right again!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I really don't know Xphiles, but I'm sure the author never meant it personal, you gotta ask him if you wanna know. His name is Dan Glaister, he wrote the article.

Super heroes are above racial issues, but an arab Superman would be refreshing ...and Spiderman as Asian. Hmm... I copyright the idea on the spot.

But I'm sure Captain America will return ...maybe as an illegal immigrant, to save America.

I dont have a problem with that. there are always superheros for every group. speedy gonzalez, though a cartoon, was kind of like the mexican superhero. Im sure there are others.

I just dont understand why the author acts like because he had blonde hair and blue eyes it is somehow linking this character to nazism.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Im suprised how gutted I am but im sure he'll be back.
As a brit kid growing up in the 80s Captain America seemed so apt for the times and one of the great symbols for the mighty US of A.
I hope this isnt some sort of conspiracy (America is no more,bloody Alex Jones!,bless him) and just a story arc.
He did seem a bit dated for the times and just needs a new start imo.More weapons and a #-hot car,etc.
He will be back,to hunt down the sniper and be more powerful than ever.
Captain America will always be alive in my heart.I think Marvel are just trying to be contraversial.
Truth,Justice and the American way is a good thing.Go USA!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul

Marvel Illuminati was created by Mr. Fantastic NOT Tony Stark. It was created as a cabal to deal with the final solution for the HULK, not control of mutants. The current situation of the WORLD (not America) is that a really powerful mutant had transformed it into a mutant paradise and then (after an epic struggle and climatic confrontation) back into our mundane version of local reality. BUT, in doing so wiped out 95% of the worlds original mutants.

This left us in a setting of much higher percent human to mutant population; a genetic minority became greatly more of a minority. Thus as the fear mongering rose so to did anti superhero rhetoric. After the big school disaster where the New Warriors accidentally blew up a school and surrounding neighborhood, the Superhero Registration act was quickly adopted.

CAPTAIN AMERICA formed and led the rebel group that fought AGAINST the system protecting the rights of this small minority of American population (people with powers).

The conspiracy comes into what caused the big tragedy with the New Warriors in the first place and it is looking like BIG BUISNESS/GOVT COLLUSION! This is conspiracy fantasy at its best.

Thanks for unraveling the Universe of 'Cap', Whargoul, and setting the plot clear.

Sure conspiracy fantasy, but could there be a conspiracy in the propositions of Marvel on this?

Or is it some comment on society and the present political situation of America, they put forward?

A little far fetched to ask if Marvel is part of a conspiracy, as the thread have been moved from alternative to general news.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That some times America really suxs

WTF

What are they trying to pull a superman and bring him back what.

Or are they pandering to the weakminded fools who find fault with everything America does even though they live here.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I hate to be a pisser here but Captain America suxed! Hope they put him down so they can come up with a better concept for him and please a new uniform?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join