It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the most elite special forces?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Horses for courses...If you want a 4 man patrol or a hostage rescue, I'd say 22 reg.
A bigger action, then either Royal Marine Commandos or Paras.

If you want to fight a war, pretty much any yank regiment as they all have a bazillion tanks, helicopters and enough air support to block out the Sun.

It doesnt matter which SF you are talking about, they all have something to learn from another. I know that when Delta come to Hereford that everyone's really grateful for the side arm training, cos they're regarded as outstanding.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Amazon Lights

Seal team 6, SAS ect

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Seriously he's been hitting up tons of threads in the last hour only to troll. If this dudes going to troll, then please troll in style. May I recommend the US Marines/Mars Colonist thread for a lesson in proper trolling?

why is it the moment someone poster differing opinion, they judged as troll ? i thought americans are known for freedom of speech and respect differing opinion.. i guess that just my delusion then..

as for those who said SEAL is top tier spec ops, their poor performance in afghanistan showed they are no better that the horrible MARSOC , in other words pitiful.Examples?

Seals cannot even do recon in REDWING, and when ambushed by small force of freedom fighter they cannot even do simple tactical fire maneuver and got slaughtered..

Another operation ruined because SEALs botched their recon in anaconda, where seals cannot gain fire superiority against a few freedom fighters to save the captured SEAL.

SEAL died by the dozens when their chinooks shotdown by rpgs..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Amazon Lights
Me and my friend were talking and he told me that there are some guys 'called nuclear dudes' not the real name but thats what he said. I told him it was Delta force. Which is the most elite one out there? The ones with the invisible suits like predator..

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Amazon Lights]

I would have to say its the Big Foot Regiment. They are some stealthy mo fos , not even infrared can capture them , they have yet to have a casualty and have never been captured (dead or alive).
edit on 14731America/ChicagoThu, 17 Jul 2014 09:14:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starvald
SAS

simple as that.

From the little I know, I could not agree more, one of the oldest units in modern warfare, although the Brandenburg division was very good.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
SS soldiers are pretty good in combat, at least the combat divisions.

Even the weak and undermanned SS divisions destroy the british para and Mauled Us airborne divisions

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

NAAAH they were incorrectly deployed, THAT was a Ranger mission. You are attacked due to incorrect dissemination of facts bent towards....where EVER the hell you are from. I would say....SAS by virtue their maturity and THEY are our primary wet operators in the black because OUR lairs don't want to get caught.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Training trumps any bravery rather quickly since the beginning of HISTORY.
That is what it's for isn't it?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

NAAAH they were incorrectly deployed, THAT was a Ranger mission. You are attacked due to incorrect dissemination of facts bent towards....where EVER the hell you are from. I would say....SAS by virtue their maturity and THEY are our primary wet operators in the black because OUR lairs don't want to get caught.

you cant go praising special ops on one hand and making excuses on the other hand.

that SEALs are lacking in tactical large scale combat is known by other forces, unlike the SAS that recruit mostly from infantry trained paratroopers

e

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Don't you understand my response? Are you cognizant of the command structure of JSOC at all?
WHO is your handler this is sloppy work.,if I ever saw it. No research ,attempting to tell us who WE are ?
Most frightening thing of Desert Storm were the Camel spiders. The fight was pathetic. Raghead forces don't close because they DIE if they do. They aren't face to face anyway that is the way of the ASSASSIN.
SEALs jobs are objective and short term OF COURSE they aren't involved in LARGE scale they are IN and OUT.
WE KNOW ABOUT THE BULLS##T DUMMY We are aware of what we do,YOUR planet hasn't learned the truth yet.
SAS will let anyone who can pass the steps to try it in British service not just Paras.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The most elite SFs are the ones no one has ever heard of.

Like a ninja but stealthier.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
SF are only as elite as the People who serve. They can never be any better. It aint always they best individuals who apply for SF triaining. SF have to make the best out of the once who apply.

One team is never Equal to another even though they wear the same badge.

Putting SF up against eachother is much like a fist fight. You dont know who will be on top until the fight is over.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Don't you understand my response? Are you cognizant of the command structure of JSOC at all?
WHO is your handler this is sloppy work.,if I ever saw it. No research ,attempting to tell us who WE are ?
Most frightening thing of Desert Storm were the Camel spiders. The fight was pathetic. Raghead forces don't close because they DIE if they do. They aren't face to face anyway that is the way of the ASSASSIN.
SEALs jobs are objective and short term OF COURSE they aren't involved in LARGE scale they are IN and OUT.
WE KNOW ABOUT THE BULLS##T DUMMY We are aware of what we do,YOUR planet hasn't learned the truth yet.
SAS will let anyone who can pass the steps to try it in British service not just Paras.

Just a reminder for your obviously skewed memory about desert storm..

It was a debacle and blunder for these so called special ops soldiers , when they try to inject themselves in conventional battle.. Even the SAS (arguably better than any other western spec ops) got mauled badly in their foot recon and vehicle recon phase. The Delta Force vehicle scud hunting amounts to nothing.. SEAL/UDT pretend to assault an empty beach with no enemy combatant. The Green Berets put out ODA teams doing recon and got embarassed when most of them have to be extracted under fire for iraqi civilians and soldiers.. Heck a team of US Special operative even ASSAULTED THE EMPTY US EMBASSY in kuwait so they can get name recognition (they knew beforehand it was empty)..

Based on desert storm after action report, everyone agrees it is the British SAS that came out as competent and effective in a conventional warfare.. Other american Spec Ops are as useless as Gen Norman Swarzkoff predicted..

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo

that SEALs are lacking in tactical large scale combat is known by other forces, unlike the SAS that recruit mostly from infantry trained paratroopers

You clearly don't understand the basis behind the SEALs.

There were never designed for, nor are for, large scale combat.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

You clearly don't understand the basis behind the SEALs.

There were never designed for, nor are for, large scale combat.

well..

the seals tried to do small recon in afghanistan and got slaughtered by a few enemies , rememer anaconda and redwing ? they tried to assault with 25+ seals and all dead when an rpg exploded inside their chopper, frying them.

if they cant do basic recon job and cannot do large assaults, then whats their use ? return the seals to the ships as UDT and use them to reconniter beaches and prepare beaches for marine landing, after all it is their primary function and thats what they good at.. and only that

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

the seals tried to do small recon in afghanistan and got slaughtered by a few enemies , rememer anaconda and redwing ? they tried to assault with 25+ seals and all dead when an rpg exploded inside their chopper, frying them.
if they cant do basic recon job and cannot do large assaults, then whats their use ?

How is it the SEALs onboard the delivery vehicle's fault if it gets shot down?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So many units around the world that could be the "best" for one reason or another.

Delta / PARA Rescue - selection is grueling and it is comprised of highly professional operators

Green Beanies / SEALS - selection is grueling and many are professional but a lot are losing the "silent profession" mentality

Ranger / Recon - Young hotheads but damn good at their job

SAS / SBS - I would rate them between SEALS and Delta. Some really great guys and terrific at their job. The younger ones seem to be detractors however

My money would be on Le Légion étrangère 2nd REP GCP(old CRAPS teams). Brutal selection, brutal training, nothing left to lose.

100% opinion of course. Toys don't make a warrior, they simply make life and work a little easier. It's what can be accomplished without all the "chromey go-fast" gear that separates the elites from the pack.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

DO you understand the details of why the mission went sideways?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
The most elite SFs are the ones no one has ever heard of.

Like a ninja but stealthier.

this is the worst kind of stereotypes ever for these overrated soldiers..

they are not ninjas and real ninjas are not like the movie ninjas...

even the best naval special operation group (hint : not the incompetent SEALs) met their demise and wiped out when they try to face a real combatant , like the Flotilla 13's debacle in lebanon, where they got ambushed by Hezbollah and wiped out. The excuses from israeli military is as pathetic as they come.. the enemy they said have mastered certain high tech equipment that they use to trap the naval commandoes ???? so this means these super soldiers can only become ninjas if their enemies are low tech and stupid ?

That ambush was a wake up call for the spec ops community in the changing world today, where even the poorest enemies can have night optics and sophisticated ECM/jamming/hacking to counter your own side's hitech stuff.

Whats the use is a specops recon team that totally dependent on air insertion and extraction , if the enemy have aerial deniability over the theatre ? that is why the SAS in their wisdom put out vehicle patrols over iraq (resupplied with air) to increase their mobility compared to a foot patrol with total air dependence.. B2Z anyone ?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Anybody say JTF2 yet? i'll go with that

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join