It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the most elite special forces?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
US Air Force Para-Rescue Jumpers.

If you read Blackhawk Down, these Airforce Spec Ops have a reputation as quickie/cheater SOF, due to taking the least amount of time to become one. They were viewed with a bit of doubt by Delta and the SEALS in the Mog, but handled themselves well.

The latest book I have read on this whole topic was No Easy Day, the Bin Laden book, and when he was promoted to Team 6, the author was able to get multiple completely customized weapons from any manufacturer supplied to him by the Team 6 armory. In fact, the authors primary weapon was an FN rather than the usual m4-derivative.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The best are a very secret international group called cite, they are the best.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Amazon Lights

Civilians with too much imagination? Anyone who'd be that "elite" would have no-record of being in the service.... because they don't exist. Literally, there is no-such thing. Derp. NEXT QUESTION!

P.S. they're known as 'Unicorns' because.... they're imaginary

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Most elite Service in the world is the...

Para Dental Hygienists.. They Parachute in behind enemy lines to give other Special Forces a filling when they have an ouchie in their mouth.
They're very good at extractions too...

I found it funny, that my old lot the RAF Regiment were described as an Elite Unit. I laughed so much beer came out of my nose.

Here is our contribution to the Elite forces of the world :-

No.2 Squadron are an elite parachute-trained field squadron that are capable of jumping in and seizing airfields and refueling points. The RAF Regiment contribution to the Special Forces Support Group (SFSG) is drawn from the ranks of No. 2 Squadron. Their role within the SFSG is thought to include force protection and the provision of Tactical Air Control Parties (TACPs) and sniper teams.

Tier 0 - Para Dental Hygienists
Tier 1 - SAS/SBS
Tier 2 - Royal Marines
Tier 3 - Parachute Regt & RAF Regt
Tier 4 - Any other man/woman dressed in Green... or Desert Camo in this day and age.
Tier 5 - NAFFI staff

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The SAS is the best, this much feared group[ secret air squirrels ] are known to be highly skilled warriors and they work for nuts.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Don't forget the root canals!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

No one is mocking you. You asked a question, people have said what they know.
You can't get offended by people saying stuff like "hate to disappoint you but that stuff only exists in the movies", because they're probably right.
The true answer to your question is no one really knows. I mean, they're the most Elite, most secretive special forces group in the world, whatever we think we know about them is probably completely wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Girl Guides UK, boy they can sew on a button :-)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

The true answer to your question is no one really knows. I mean, they're the most Elite, most secretive special forces group in the world, whatever we think we know about them is probably completely wrong.

Hit the nail on the head, right there.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Unfortunately that's the way it is with most things on this site!
Speculation is fun though

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i would say the CIA SAD/SOG is up there with the best of them

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by l0vedim0
i would say the CIA SAD/SOG is up there with the best of them

Funny you should mention them.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I was a "dirty nasty leg" and proud. I did a lot of jobs that unconventional forces did, without the chromey go-fast gear.

Baghdad - the SEALS at the compound brought us our meals
Fallujah - marines checked our ID at the gate
Iraq - SAS took up all the space in the one pool I saw while in country (however they did give some good classes)
Kuwait - Aussie SAS are the only people I have ever seen that bleed while playing hacky sack - love those guys

The unsung heroes are the men of the FFL. Their good days would make most of us plead to our gods for mercy. They don't have the good gear, they don't have much of anything. But, they are hard to compete with in operations.

As a soldier I would just know life was gonna suck if I started a deployment at Rochambeau Airport.

Just saying,
edit on 25-10-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
Well, this is an easy question to answer.

There can be no question. The most elite special forces in the world are SFOD-E, the Echo group. So unknown, so secretive, that no-one outside the group has ever heard of them. One full letter better than those crap SFOD-D Delta Force pukes. Way way better than your piker low-life SFOD-A types.

SFOD-E has to re-pass the Q every week. But that's not tough enough, so they have to do the 12 mile over hurdles. With a 75 pound ruck. On some of the jumps, you have to do a 360 spin and shoot 10 rings on 7 random pop-up targets with a side arm. Worse, it's a revolver, so you have to reload in midair for the last one.

Edit: I hear they're going to allow speed loaders next year.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

Pshaw ... I know of a group that's even tougher than that! They're so secret that most of them don't even know they're members, much less what they are called!

Sorry ... Just kidding, but I couldn't let that one go by with no response.

are you sure a unitl like that does not exist where they guys dont even know, well for one guy it does exist, maybe its only one guy in the most elite unit.

edit on 27-10-2012 by JMKimball because: did not get right links

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The ones you dont know about

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Top Soldiers in the world :

- Somali militia : They slaugther US Rangers, Delta Force , SEALS and Marines and kicked USA out of somalia faster than the North Vietnamese..

- Taliban Freedom Fighters : They slaughtered like 2 Chinook full load of NAVY SEALS with just 2 RPG and destroy so many SEAL Recon team that the SEALs never tried to do recon anymore in afghanistan. Total SEAL death in afghanistan exceed 50+ against total taliban death of zero against SEALs

- Iraqi Freedom Fighters : Killed and maimed so many US Soldiers by their ingenious use of road side IEDs that the US ran out of IRAQ with horrible losses

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Lay off the hash it's made you null and void. Guess they don't teach history or math where you're from.

What is the process to report trolls like GERMANICUS here any way?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Seriously he's been hitting up tons of threads in the last hour only to troll. If this dudes going to troll, then please troll in style. May I recommend the US Marines/Mars Colonist thread for a lesson in proper trolling?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: milomilo

Lay off the hash it's made you null and void. Guess they don't teach history or math where you're from.

What is the process to report trolls like GERMANICUS here any way?

I know you are american who think that your military is the strongest , but lets talk facts ok ?

do you see the real world ? the enemies that shoot back at the US soldiers ? you see it now ? the somali militias who slaughter US Rangers + Delta force and totally embarrased the USA , while all US can claim was thousands of dead somali civilians in their unrestrained display of firepower.

tell me who is the best fighter here ? the untrained but brave militia ? or the overtrained overrated US military ?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join