It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in GOD's creations is this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If that's a real human head, then they did a great job of making it look really small. Either my depth perception is completely off, or that head looks smaller than the size of a human hand. If you look in the beginning, the head looks much smaller than the partial hand that is held up in front of the cage. Assuming this is a hoax, and assuming there was no video/photo manipulation, then the "creature" is much further away from the cage/hand than it appears to be.

Now, I've only viewed this video twice. I tried to rewind to certain parts but for some reason I'm having trouble. So having only seen it twice, it almost looked like that thing at the opposite end of the creature's head, what some are calling its tail, appears to look like another head. Almost like a baby alligator head. I'm probably just seeing things, and the poor video quality doesn't help. I'm going to try watching the video again after I post this. I'm probably way off, though. It's just really hard making out the anatomy of this thing. I can't figure out what parts are what other than the human-looking head.

As for the "Miss Iran" title... this site is clearly not the original host of this video. The video was posted somewhere else, I believe. Someone found the video to be interesting, and as a joke decided to post it on the above linked site with the title "Miss Iran." In response to a post above, the announcer is plugging the site (probably the original site) 6b6b.com which oddly sounds like "sexy sexy."

So, unless there are little squirrel-like creatures with human-like heads running around the Middle East, then this is obviously a hoax. I actually think they did a somewhat decent job with it. If they used a human head and no video editing then they managed to create the illusion, at least to me, that the creature is smaller than an average-sized cat. If they did use video editing then they did a good job manipulating the creature's appearance while maintaining the image of the cage wiring in front of it, even with the camera bouncing around.

Maybe someone can track this video back to its original source- perhaps that 6b6b.com? That'd be a good place to start. Hopefully someone on here can read/speak the language on the the video because it will probably be needed to navigate the site and get any information they have posted about this video. If anyone chooses to accept this mission then please keep us posted!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
this is all I got to say about it...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The men are speaking Arabic. They're basically asking it for its name and what it is. Then they start praying, and saying that God protect them from the devil.

Of course, the creature is fake. Notice how high up the creature's head is, and it fits well with someone on their knees sticking their head through a table. The person simply wore a disguise over their head, painted their face white, put on some mascara and black lip liner, and moved the "limbs" with their fingers, to give it that effect.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If this is not the fakest thing I've ever seen.. another joke.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
We all know she is going to win, Miss Iran, jeez she is adorable. On a serious note, if that was real, what is it supposed to be ~_~?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
the bottom and sides are a mirror, pretty easy to spot,lol

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If it were real, it would probably be some kind of sphinx like creature. The arms do look a bit thin, but if it were to stand, it would look just like a sphinx.

Oh, and sorry for not mentioning it before, but after they asked for its name, the creature said "Abdul Halim," so it's a male not a female.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I read the first page of posts and all I could see was photoshop!! But there's actually nothing photoshopped in this, it's just a human undera table with a stick for the tail. I mean, come on, whoever the OP is, couldn't you see that it was fake when you first saw it?

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
HAHA!!Gear and Rasputin thanks for your time explaining why this is a hoax..but hey,it is pretty obvious

love the thread title though..''What in GOD's creations is this?''

Oh,and something else..does this ring a bell?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
bloody Hell that looks like a hybrid om Michael Jackson and a dog!!. Seriously, i dunno what it is.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by ShadeWolf]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
bloody Hell that looks like a hybrid om Michael Jackson and a dog!!. Seriously, i dunno what it is.

[edit on 5-5-2007 by ShadeWolf]

Thank you for necromancing a thread.

Anyway its pretty much debunked as a fake, although it still gives me the creeps so I don't want to even watch it again.

Move along, nothing to see here...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
now thats valid proof of genetic engineering and cimerons
LOL

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think what this "creature" is supposed to be is a Manticore

The manticore is described as a lion-like creature with the head of a man and a tail of a snake or scorpion. Sometines it's depicted with wings. A bite or sting from the creature is very posionus, killing a man in seconds. It hails from Perisa (Now Iran,) and India.

Very intresting, but it's still a hoax.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It is the Muppet that never made it!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This looks stupid
You can clearly see it's a human head and to the fella that said it looked smaller, well if you look at the cloth over the head you can see just how far back the head goes.
obvious fake

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It's somewhat sad that even if there was a real video out there of something similar it would automatically be flamed as "fake" or "photoshopped". I realize that most of these videos are fake, but that doesn't mean every single one is. With our advances in society, we are still making the same mistakes akin to "well, this has one thing wrong so its a Witch!!!" And thus technology bites us in the ass as old dogma continues to thrive.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Looks to me like a man wearing a lot of make-up lying one the floor with his head on a bed wearing a fox fur and fur hat.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hi there,

well i saw the vid. that u have presented and its very interesting... at first when i saw it i thought the poor lion y did they put the mask on his face??? until i saw its mouth move and words coming out from it (in arabic).
Someone here said they asked his name but didn't hear that, they just asked it what it wants and it replyed i want milk!
btw i did check out the www.6b6b.com i think is just a site for downloading cell tunes and stuff. its down now (under construction).
Also the girl doesn't say "sexy sexy" just "6 b 6 b" loooooooooooooooool that was funny.
realy freaky stuff... btw how did u stumble upon this vid??

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowedRedemption
It's somewhat sad that even if there was a real video out there of something similar it would automatically be flamed as "fake" or "photoshopped". I realize that most of these videos are fake, but that doesn't mean every single one is. With our advances in society, we are still making the same mistakes akin to "well, this has one thing wrong so its a Witch!!!" And thus technology bites us in the ass as old dogma continues to thrive.

there's a pretty good reason why videos like this are laughed at right off the bat. i suggest you go grab yourself a copy of darwin's origin of species as a starting block, and then move your studies on to mammalian anatomy. simply put, each feature on an animal has been formed through natural selection - usually over thousands of years, probably more - to perform specifically important jobs in the insurance of a species' survival.
it's already been said that the head of this 'creature' couldn't be supported by it's body, and attention was also drawn to the counterbalance of the tail being stupidly innaccurate.

there are plenty of examples of the ATS members making excellent analysis of footage or photographs submitted, without laughing once at them. the difference between those examples and this one is that those other submissions were of animals that follow the rules of their class (or sub-species in some cases).

why would an animal need a human head, let alone speak a human language?

when you actually start listening to *why* these hoaxes are debunked, you might be less inclined to defend them without giving us a reason.

(sorry, this post comes off as a bit bitchy - it's not meant to be!!
)

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Batty
there's a pretty good reason why videos like this are laughed at right off the bat. i suggest you go grab yourself a copy of darwin's origin of species as a starting block, and then move your studies on to mammalian anatomy. simply put, each feature on an animal has been formed through natural selection - usually over thousands of years, probably more - to perform specifically important jobs in the insurance of a species' survival.
it's already been said that the head of this 'creature' couldn't be supported by it's body, and attention was also drawn to the counterbalance of the tail being stupidly innaccurate.

there are plenty of examples of the ATS members making excellent analysis of footage or photographs submitted, without laughing once at them. the difference between those examples and this one is that those other submissions were of animals that follow the rules of their class (or sub-species in some cases).

why would an animal need a human head, let alone speak a human language?

when you actually start listening to *why* these hoaxes are debunked, you might be less inclined to defend them without giving us a reason.

Technically I'm not defending every single claim. I do realize that many are fake, however, I am inclined to an open mind. I'm just suggesting that a few could be real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join