It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in GOD's creations is this?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

I had my dad who's Lebanese translate it and he said they didn't really mention what it was. They just asked it in the video to move itself around so they could film it better and some people in background were praying over this creature or thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Im thinking fake,

Kinda looks like a dog with a photoshop head plastered on.

The head is disproportionate to the body so much that it just screams faked.

although I am no expert, and I don't know how they would do such a thing I am pretty sure this is a hoax film.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Looks fake!

Maybye if the thing was actualy on the floor or walking arround, but being that its on some sort of table where as the Human beneath that head can hide.

FAKE I SAY

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
fake and if you ask me, I don't know why they put that "watch at your own risk" crap on it. I just don't see how they got that worked up over some hoax video. It was kinda creepy looking though.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Looks like the old boy in the box trick. Nonetheless it is still creepy.

Send her here.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
truly looks fake - could anyone determine what the "thing" was saying or is it just making noises? I know of no mythological critter that evens comes close to what they are attempting in the video

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Looks like two films dubbed together.... the face looks like a old black and white face from a silent film.

looks horridly fake, but horridly indeed!

I wanna see some of their creatures in outer limits.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My guess is that the "creature" is actually just a fur rug.
There's someone (or multiple people) under the table with their head behind a mask blinking, talking and turning. The mane covers up the evidence.
Very simple trick.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Lol, I think this is sort of a strange and interesting video, and thank you for sharing it. But to be honest, its totally fake. Let me tell you why.

1: If you look closely you can see the lines where things that have been photoshopped meet.

2: They had an entire roll to film this 'thing' and NEVER once brought it to focus.

3: You can see its just someones face in a little suit attatched to it. The tail moves and the faces moves, probably propelled by the face and a hand in the end of the tail. None of the rest of the body moves. A little strange, eh? XD

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
Looks like two films dubbed together.... the face looks like a old black and white face from a silent film.

looks horridly fake, but horridly indeed!

I wanna see some of their creatures in outer limits.

I agree, it kinda looks like the woman from nosferatu. I agree it looks fake. And is it just me or does the woman say sexysexy.com? o.O

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Pretty scary footage.. O_o

I smell fake, or viral marketing.

Whatever *it* is, I find the movements strange. It is clearly intelligent since it keeps focus on the camera, and a few times looks at the other people, but it looks like a rabbit with a mask on.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It' Robert Plant after he left Jimmy Page!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpecOpPres1
It' Robert Plant after he left Jimmy Page!

That really added to the value of the thread... -.-

You should'nt post useless stuff like this, you'll just get banned. Althought not the same forum, you should still read this thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
it looks fake although fair play to the people who made it if they want to waste time making crappy fake videos so be it.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Did anyone notice the title of the video, it was "Miss Iran". I think if was something real the person who posted it would at least give it a better name.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Although I am no expert, and I don't know how they would do such a thing I am pretty sure this is a hoax film.

Don't worry. The expert has stepped in!

For those whom claim it is a photoshop, let me assure you; It is not a photoshop.

A strange animal, lying on the edge of table. Its body struggling to move, while the head moves freely.

Let's work our way up, from the bottom.

Look at the tail. Look at it when it moves. (0'05")
It is flailing from midway down, everything above it remains completely motionless. No known mammal moves it's tail like this, simply because the mammalian tail is not anatomically designed to do so.

On a side note, have a look at the way that the tail moves. (0'05")
It is very jerky, rapid, short movements, in a singular direction. This movement (of this type of tail) cannot be consciously controlled by an animal. It would, if anything have to be nervous. Nerve damage, extreme temperatures, shock, etc.

Next, Look at the movement of the limbs. (0'08") (0'12') (0'30") (0'49") (0'54" onward)
Did you notice anything unusual?
There are several things that you should have picked up.
Only two of the four limbs move in the entire video. The two bottom ones. (The 'creatures' right hand side.)
The limbs always move in a singular direction.
They remain unnaturally flat on the table at all times. If you have a pet cat or dog, watch them lie. Then watch when when they move their limbs. They do not bring them straight toward their body. They lift it slightly as they bring it toward them.

The chest.
Although the film is bad quality, you will still be able to notice it. (or rather, you will notice the lack of it.) Throughout the entire video, it does not raise it's torso. In other words, it does not breathe.

The head. Dead giveaway.
Let's ignore the fact that it is human. The size of the head is not plausible, in relation to the body. The body is much too small to support it's weight. It has the wrong type of tail for it to help counter balance the weight.
There are just so many reasons WHY the head does not match the body, I will not bother going into it further.

The hair, or mane is not decorative. It serves a purpose. Concealment.

So what is it? It's pretty simple to work out.
Ever watch a magic show? Have you seen a magician saw his lovely female apprentice in half; and still have her live?
This is the exact same concept.
The movement of the tail, and the restricted movement of the limbs? Simpley done by strings from the back.
The mane? To hide the connection (or lack thereof) of the body and head.

Conclusion:
It is an illusion, very badly done; using a dead, or stuffed animal with the head a human, strings and a angled mirror under the table.

I laughed when I watched this.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Comment Deleted.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Gear]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
lol miss iran
i wonder whos winning the miss world contest this year.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Very nice critique of this vid, Gear. Let's just call this one fake and get on with our lives.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thats pretty creepy, but Gear pretty much debunked it.

Still a bit eerie though, I'll watch the whole thing when I get home and have a fast internet connection.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join