It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry Silverstein Comments on WTC7 Structural Integrity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thanks to "Swingdangler" @ 911Blogger for the following:

Larry Silverstein
''We built in enough redundancy to allow entire portions of floors to be removed without affecting the building's structural integrity, on the assumption that someone might need double-height floors,'' said Larry Silverstein, president of the company. ''Sure enough, Salomon had that need.

Source

A little dated - I know - but I figured I'd open this up to discussion to further the WTC7 talk whether or not ATS goers feel it was Controlled Demolition or came down as a result of these "huge" pockets of fire.

Really makes you question why this issue isn't receiving more publicity...
And, don't overanalyze the quote... Take it for what it's worth - I'd really like to hear opinions on this new discovery from way back when.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I've seen that quote before. It amazes me that pre-9/11, the towers and WTC 7 were all super duper high rise buildings but after 9/11 they are these house of cards that just fall into themselves with the slightest blow of the wind.

Also, anything pre-9/11 that I have seen describes the towers as concrete re-inforced steel. Anything after 9/11 is just steel.

Too bad we don't have the construction documents to verify which it is.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Port Authority documentary over building WTC.

video.google.com...

wikipedia concerning WTC

en.wikipedia.org...

what interests me is how he managed to get the insurance company to cough up the money not 1x, not 2x, but 3x without a thorough analysis of the site(s).

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Speaking of 7, I got a Modern Marvels segment online on WTC7, and it showed some construction photos. I took screen shots, but they're pretty bad quality from the video file.

Look at the size of that column!

Not sure what this is. Can you tell, Griff?

Here you can see the Con-Ed Substation in front of WTC7, going under it:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Not sure what this is. Can you tell, Griff?

Not sure either but what it is is cross braced to the umpteenth degree. Do you have a link to the video? I'd like to check it out.

Edit: It could be shoring for the composite deck. A composite deck sometimes needs to be shored until the concrete sets. Only thing I can think of for now. Anyone else?

[edit on 3/5/2007 by Griff]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here's the video, Griff:

www.studyof911.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMP

Larry Silverstein
''We built in enough redundancy to allow entire portions of floors to be removed without affecting the building's structural integrity, on the assumption that someone might need double-height floors,'' said Larry Silverstein, president of the company. ''Sure enough, Salomon had that need.

Really makes you question why this issue isn't receiving more publicity...
And, don't overanalyze the quote... Take it for what it's worth - I'd really like to hear opinions on this new discovery from way back when.

So he's saying it should've withstood a floor collapse, which it didn't, hence the third pancake collapse, right? Interesting. 9/11, the day redundancy became irrelevant. Good find there MP.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Logic
So he's saying it should've withstood a floor collapse

That's not what he said at all.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiterabbit

Originally posted by Caustic Logic
So he's saying it should've withstood a floor collapse

That's not what he said at all.

Yeah i'm just tired. I crash now.