It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia to require cancer vaccine for girls

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't see the problem with this...Most, if not all states already require many vaccines before allowing children in school why not this one? I am a little weary as it hasn't been around for that long but we haven't seen any side effects yet. I would much rather get poked with a needle than get HPV. My mom had HPV and she no longer has a uterus or any ovaries.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well, thank god I didnt REQUIRE my children to get vaccinated. They are now 7 and 9yrs old, in public school and have had a few colds between the both of them. What a great immune system we are born with. I'm glad I checked out all shots before I poisoned my children...oops, too harsh. WELL,thats what they are...poisons...just look up the ingredients to all shots.

INGREDIENTS
909shot.com...

Mercury anyone, or how about formaldehyde (preparing you for early death I guess) monkey tissue and mouse brains YUM. No wonder there are so many sick people..over 70 :supposedly: required shots now and most are givin before 6months. Bye Bye immune system!

HEY, just for fun, and especially if you or your kid has autism..use this FUN mercury calculator to see how much mercury you have had injected into your kid. Just check the box next to the shot you have taken and see your results.
909shot.com...

Sorry if I sound like an a## hole, but if you wanna do this to your children fine..but mandating this crap by law...NO, NO, NO WAY.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by tator3]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

[Its a matter of public health. I'm not going to get polio of small pox because a bunch of nutters think that vaccines are evil, if they don't want it, they can leave the country and get out of the population that can spread the disease to the rest of us.

Your the nut...and if your Vaccinated, what do you have to worry about? YOUR SAFE ARENT YOU? This is my country, shots ARE NOT MANDATED..YET and I and many others plan to fight this so our children can live disease free from diseases and side effects that cause cancer, autism, asthma, and many other illnesses like SIDS (oops I killed my kid with too many shots) WAKE UP PEOPLE..YOUR KILLING YOUR OWN KIDS!!!

[edit on 2-3-2007 by tator3]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziex3
I don't see the problem with this...Most, if not all states already require many vaccines before allowing children in school why not this one? I am a little weary as it hasn't been around for that long but we haven't seen any side effects yet. I would much rather get poked with a needle than get HPV. My mom had HPV and she no longer has a uterus or any ovaries.

I'm sorry about your mom, but just to let you know, your kids can goto school without taking shots. The schools get money from the government for how ever many kids they have in there schools that have the shots. You just have to decline the requirement, and they usually want you to sign an affidavit, but its not required by law, but it might make things go smoother. I find that schools are not happy when they lose funding.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
No way, this is in my state now. Great. I read this post and thought about 911 and the squibs I just saw again. Something is going on, and I don't think it's a birthday celebration.

I think President "Between the Butt Cheeks" knows what is going on. He let the "official story" of 911 be told, and we are pretty sure that was a lie. Why is this any different? The vaccination is going from state to state, must be a big plan.

Well, you get to opt out of the vaccination, but I suppose you will get bad marks for "being a bad parent." You allready get that if you don't give your kids Ritalin when requested.

Someone mentioned fearmongering? Really?

I can turn on the TV right now and within moments find a drug commercial that tells me all the side effects of the drugs given to the people on planet earth.

What's that crap, Nasanex they advertise on TV now. Hell, you could get a viral infection and soar throat from it or something? That's the kind of stuff I want rid of, not get more of.

Since when should I trust drug companies that do stuff like this?

"Here axe murderer, would you watch after my kids while I'm away."

Troy

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hi All,

Well, this is a pretty touchy subject here. While I am all for preventative measures to illness, I also want to make sure that the 'cure' does not cause adverse reactions that themselves now require treatment.

I have several concerns about Gardasil, and they have nothing to do with the vaccine preventing cervical cancer. My first concern with this product is the fact that it has not been in research long enough, and for me certainly not long enough to make it mandatory for young children. I understand trying to establish a broader trial base, but at what cost?

Which brings me to my next concern about this vaccine, the side effects. Here is an article from Medical News Today:

The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), the nation's leading vaccine safety he National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), the nation's leading vaccine safety and informed consent advocacy organization, is urging state legislatures to investigate the safety and cost of mandating Merck's HPV vaccine (GARDASIL) for all pre- adolescent girls before introducing legislation amending state vaccine laws. In an analysis of reports made to the federal Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) since the CDC's July 2006 universal use recommendation for all young girls, NVIC found reports of loss of consciousness, seizures, joint pain and Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

Between July 2006 and January 2007, there have been 82 reports of adverse events filed with VAERS following receipt of GARDASIL by girls and boys ranging in age from 11 to 27 years. Reaction reports have come from 21 states, including Virginia and the District of Columbia. All but three of the reports were for adverse events which occurred within one week of vaccination and more than 60 percent occurred within 24 hours of vaccination.

"The most frequent serious health events after GARDASIL shots are neurological symptoms," said NVIC Health Policy Analyst Vicky Debold, RN, Ph.D. "These young girls are experiencing severe headaches, dizziness, temporary loss of vision, slurred speech, fainting, involuntary contraction of limbs (seizures), muscle weakness, tingling and numbness in the hands and feet and joint pain. Some of the girls have lost consciousness during what appears to be seizures." Debold added "The manufacturer product insert should include mention of syncopal episodes, seizures and Guillain-Barre Syndrome so doctors and parents are aware these vaccine adverse responses have been associated with the vaccine."

Source

While the article does not give details about how many out of the total number of women had adverse reaction, it still makes me uneasy. I am NOT saying that these reactions should be enough that the vaccine not be available to people who want it. I am saying that for such a short trial period, this vaccine should not be mandatory. Parents and adults wishing to take the vaccine need to be properly educated about all possible side effects and other possible adverse reactions from other vaccines.

I say other vaccines because of this paragraph in the article:

AERS reports also indicate the doctors are administering GARDASIL to girls and women at the same with Tdap, DT, meningococcal (Menactra), hepatitis A, and other vaccines, even though the Merck product insert states that, with the exception of hepatitis B vaccine, "Co-administration of GARDASIL with other vaccines has not been studied." There is no publicly available information about how many of the 9 to 15 year old girls in Merck's pre- licensure clinical trials received GARDASIL simultaneously with hepatitis B vaccine.

Source

Another problem I have with the vaccine is the approximate cost. It has to be taken in a series of three doses over a six month period of time. The advertised cost of Gardasil is $360, thats $120 per dose. However the NVIC found that "...In a separate evaluation of costs for young girls being vaccinated in private pediatrician offices, NVIC discovered that parents living in the Washington, D.C. area will be paying between $500 and $900 to have their daughters receive three doses of GARDASIL." Source

Merek is the sole producer of this vaccine, so there is no generic version available. (Although another company Glaxo- SmithKline Biologics, making a similar vaccine called Cevarix, which the comp. hopes to be approved sometime this year.) Some insurance companies will cover the cost, but at this time, not all insurance companies do. Low-income families will be offered the vaccination for free, as is the case with other required childhood vaccines. My problem with the cost of Gardasil is how much money Merek plans to make off of the product, especially if it is made to be mandatory.

Merek is still reeling from its Vioxx losses in revenues and lawsuits. (Wiki on Vioxx here: en.wikipedia.org...) According to this article, Merek knew that there was significant heart risks associated with Vioxx, one year after it was approved by the FDA.

The truth has finally come out about Vioxx: insider emails published by the Wall Street Journal reveal that Merck, the maker of Vioxx, was fully aware of the health risks of its COX-2 inhibitor anti-inflammatory drug as early as March, 2000. As is apparent from the published emails, there was a concerted effort to bury the negative evidence and even distort the drug trials by excluding heart patients from the Vioxx studies so that, "...the rate of cardiovascular problems for Vioxx patients would not be evident."

Source

It is a very interesting article to read, and it gives the reader some insights into how dedicated the company can be when it comes to marketing and pushing its product, regardless of significant risks towards the patient.
Now the company has a potential "cash cow" that will help them recover some of their losses. I cant help but wonder if they would push a product that does as it is advertised, but causes the patient to "pay" in other detrimental ways, health wise.

[cont]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
[Cont]

Regular pap smear tests with a gynecologist is just as effective at preventing HPV from turning into cervical cancer.

A Pap test can detect pre-cancerous and cancerous cells on the cervix. Regular Pap testing and careful medical follow-up, with treatment if necessary, can help ensure that pre-cancerous changes in the cervix caused by HPV infection do not develop into life threatening cervical cancer. The Pap test used in U.S. cervical cancer screening programs is responsible for greatly reducing deaths from cervical cancer.

Source

And here is a quote from www.gardasil.com:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT GARDASIL
GARDASIL may not fully protect everyone and does not prevent all types of cervical cancer, so it is important to continue regular cervical cancer screenings.

So why not make yearly check ups with a gynecologist mandatory? It would be just as effective. As with anything, information is the key. We should not be enticed into purchasing any medicine or vaccine by commercial campaigns, or a doctors suggestion without finding out everything we can about the product first. For me personally, I find that I am very sensitive to medicine and stimulants such as caffeine. I always have to read the warning label about the possible side affects, because I find that I am usually one of the people who will experience those side affects.

Perhaps I am biased because of this, yet being informed can only help a person make a better decision. I hope that the people who really want this vaccine, or are willing to wait for Cevarix to be approved, will do their homework on these vaccines first. Gardasil is certainly not a "one-stop-shop" vaccine, meaning it has only been found to be affective for at least four years.

8. How long is Gardasil effective?

Research suggests the vaccine lasts at least four years. Long-term results are not yet certain. The protection might last longer.
Web-MD

I do hope that my post was not so long that warrented a quick glance here and there. I think that this is a very serious issue, and one that deserves our utmost attention. The health of our children is not something we should take too many risks with.

More interesting facts can be found on this blog:
10 Things you Might not know about Gardasil

[edit on 3/3/2007 by sylvrshadow]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This mandate and the mandate in Texas doesn't mean anyone has to take it or give it to their daughters. All you have to say is, "It's against my religion."

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
wait, if these vaccinesrare the best thing since sliced bread, why make it compulsory? only two strains are incorporated into the vaccines, all others may still cause cancer and weren't even taken into consideration it seems. see

www.abovetopsecret.com...

regarding autism, too many babies have been reported to display extreme adverse reaction to vaccines, there is a documentary still availble on p1 of this forum if you're interested... since noone dares to investigate, it's all anecdotal evidence, though. how convenient. either way, ethylated mercury is even more toxic than plain mercury or methlymercury found f-ex. in seafood. why inject people with mercury? seems counter-intuitive to me.

PS: explain to me how 'herd immunity' has any scientif basis, either it works or it doesn't, if it works only in a certain percentage of cases why aren't we told? too dumb or what? this is insulting, tbh. if it does not work in the individual, any notion of 'herd immunity' smacks of snake oil. besides, why are most if not all vaccines injected, when actual routes of infection are usually very different? finally, as sp00n1 mentioned already, if the illness itself does not convey immunity how could a vaccine do it? i'm open to suggestions.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
VIOXX DEATHS - 89,000 - 140,000
Nagasaki A- Bomb - 73,884

This is enough reason for me to not support mandatory drugs supplied by Merck & Co.

VIOXX STATS
www.adrugrecall.com...

Nagasaki STATS
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
wait, if these vaccinesrare the best thing since sliced bread, why make it compulsory?

If we have a chance at eradicating at least these four types of HPV, aren't we ethically impelled to do so? If we can protect girls who typically couldn't afford this vaccine, isn't the ethical thing to do is to just pay for their shots?

Also, if vaccines weren't compulsory, most people wouldn't bother taking them, even if they are free. A lot of people are phobic of needles, and a lot just wouldn't care enough to bother, and I haven't even mentioned all of you paranoics who just distrust science anyway. If they weren't compulsory, we'd still have small pox, and polio would still be prevalent.

regarding autism, too many babies have been reported to display extreme adverse reaction to vaccines, there is a documentary still availble on p1 of this forum if you're interested... since noone dares to investigate, it's all anecdotal evidence, though. how convenient. either way, ethylated mercury is even more toxic than plain mercury or methlymercury found f-ex. in seafood. why inject people with mercury? seems counter-intuitive to me.
The following quote is taken from the CDC website.

Does this vaccine contain thimerosal or mercury?
No. There is no thimerosal or mercury in the HPV vaccine. It is made up of proteins from the outer coat of the virus (HPV). There is no infectious material in this vaccine.
There is an aluminum-containing adjuvant, but that's it.

The purified VLPs are adsorbed on preformed aluminum-containing adjuvant (amorphous aluminum hydroxyphosphate sulfate).

And if you're skeptical about the aluminum adjuvant, aluminum adjuvants have been used by vaccines for a long time now.

Aluminum compounds are the only adjuvants used widely with routine human vaccines and are the most common adjuvants in veterinary vaccines also.

This link discusses aluminum as a vaccine component, and also the prevalence of aluminum in our general environment.

PS: explain to me how 'herd immunity' has any scientif basis, either it works or it doesn't, if it works only in a certain percentage of cases why aren't we told? too dumb or what? this is insulting, tbh. if it does not work in the individual, any notion of 'herd immunity' smacks of snake oil. besides, why are most if not all vaccines injected, when actual routes of infection are usually very different? finally, as sp00n1 mentioned already, if the illness itself does not convey immunity how could a vaccine do it? i'm open to suggestions.

Very little in science is ever so black and white, especially in biology, not to mention its subset, medicine. Science and statistics are inseparable.

If you want evidence that herd immunity works, look no further than small pox and polio, which have been virtually eradicated from the planet. The fight against small pox was a better success, and the only known samples left are held under tight security by the CDC and the Institute of Virus Preparations in Siberia, Russia. Polio has had less than two-thousand cases for the entire planet per year since 2001.

Does that prove that herd immunity works conclusively? No it doesn't, but it lends some pretty strong evidence. There is an actual math behind it too.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphainfo

This is enough reason for me to not support mandatory drugs supplied by Merck & Co.

VIOXX STATS
www.adrugrecall.com...

Nagasaki STATS
en.wikipedia.org...
Except that vaccines aren't drugs, and don't work the same way. Vaccines alert the immune system to protect itself against a particular disease by using dead components of the disease itself--in this case HPV.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Most parents do not even know that they can legally opt out of vaccinating their children. The schools just tell them it's mandatory. Had I known I could opt out, I would have.

I had very bad reaction to the tetnus vaccine. I have many health problems now. When I looked up symptoms of mercury poisoning on google the other day, I had just about every one of them. I ended up having to have a hysterectomy back in '04.

I'm not going to be getting my daughter any more vaccinations. My daughter is already very hyperactive. They wanted to put her on drugs for that few years ago and I wouldn't let them do that. They tried getting me to give her this virus the other day and I refused. It felt good to refuse too.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There have been diseases which have disappeared without vaccinations. People developed immunity to them on their own. Vaccinations have killed people.

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Almost everyone contracts HPV at some point in their life. Most have no symptoms at all, and were never aware they were a carrier. The virus goes dormant after a few years and can be considered dead shortly after.

This is the same type of virus that causes warts on the hands, and is just as benign in most cases. A small portion of those infected develop genital warts that may require removal. An even smaller portion of women are infected with the strains that cause cervical cancer, with the majority of those only showing an abnormal pap smear or minor dysplasia. In men, this same strain is found in the majority of throat tumors removed.

Does the virus represent a significant threat to public safety? Perhaps, but I can't agree that this vaccine should be bundled with other mandatory vaccines. The probability of death resulting from infection is miniscule.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
in suggest taking a look beyond the fence:

a couple of points: www.laleva.cc...

declines of several contagious diseases started way before vaccination was even introduced - if data presented in the documentary hold any water. see first graph at www.vaccination.org.uk... to get an idea or:

Source
After this potion was injected into the blood of the nation's children the largest UK epidemic of smallpox ever known began: with a peak of 42,000 deaths in 1871-2 alone. The graph line of smallpox deaths, which would probably have disappeared around 1870, was still there in the 1920s as isolation eventually defeated the medically-created plague.

originally posted at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

video.google.com...

PS: the situation may not be clear cut, but the onus is not on me to prove a negative, namely that it's impossible to artifically attain immunity against a disease where natural immunity is not acquired in the course of natural infection.

oh yeah and let's not forget: Coercion == Progress ! Yay ! it's no wonder us nuts are kind of cautious when it comes to secretive, compulsory treatments, is it?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The vaccination doesn't stop cancer, it stops Human Papilloma Virus, a leading cause of cervical cancer in women.

I think it is a good idea. My parents are paying $600 out of their own pocket to get it for my sister, because nobody is covering it yet, and not even the doctors have much information about it.

At least here anyway, you are not allowed in school unless you have up-to-date tetanus, Hepatitus A+B shots, etc. You get suspended if you don't.

The more things we are immunized against, the better off we are, I say. I would even argue to the point that if you live in an area that is rampant with a certain poisonous snake like King Cobras, you should have the population in that area vaccinized against it by slowly giving them very small doses. I know that most snake handlers are immune to most snake venom because they have done this.

If you're that worried about vaccinations, maybe you should stop and take a look at the ingredients in your TOOTHPASTE. There is a reason why they don't list them on the tube, and why it says not to swallow it. It's a lot worse than injections.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If you want to prevent HPV, like all STD's, you need to practise safe sex.

Vaccines, like vaccines for all STD's, dont work. Look at the graph above. I have dozens more examples of those graphs.

www.vaccination.inoz.com...

Compared to this;

After the vaccine is introduced, it does nothing to accelerate the decline of sickness, as in the graph two posts above, sometimes it makes it worse.

Most of the decrease in sickness, over 90%, comes before vaccines are introduced. Real health can be attributed to better sanitation, healthcare, education, nutrition, and decreased overpopulation.

[edit on 3/3/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah

Originally posted by alphainfo

VIOXX STATS
www.adrugrecall.com...

Nagasaki STATS
en.wikipedia.org...
Except that vaccines aren't drugs, and don't work the same way. Vaccines alert the immune system to protect itself against a particular disease by using dead components of the disease itself--in this case HPV.

I was trying to point out Merck & Co.'s past record when it came to pushing a product without adequate testing.

How many 11 year old girls was the HPV vaccine tested on?

How long have they been tracked after being given the vaccine?

apc

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
If you want to prevent HPV, like all STD's, you need to practise safe sex.

Condoms are relatively ineffective against HPV. HPV is not spread through bodily fluids. It is spread primarily through skin-to-skin contact. This is why the vaginal opening and the base of the penis are the most common locations for warts to appear. Condoms usually do little to prevent contact here.

Vaccines, like vaccines for all STD's, dont work.

There's a rather large professional medical community that would disagree. And please don't say they're just in it for the money...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join