It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba Is Stockpiling Biological Weapons!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Cuba Is Stockpiling Biological Weapons!

Source Link: www.newsmax.com

The former head of Cuba’s military medical services says the communist government is stockpiling biological warfare agents like the plague, botulism and yellow fever at a secret underground lab near Havana.

Roberto Ortega ran the Cuban military’s medical services from 1984 to 1994 and defected to the U.S. in 2003. He said he told the CIA nearly two years ago about the secret Cuban facility, and is speaking publicly now because he did not see the CIA take action on his information and wants international inspections of the lab.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-3-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Right Winged fear mongering.

There is no logical reason why a country like cuba would even consider having biological weapons...

The coldwar is over, get over it.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Right Winged fear mongering.

There is no logical reason why a country like cuba would even consider having biological weapons...

The coldwar is over, get over it.

Get over it, right...

With Raul in the wings and Hugo whispering in his ear. Get over it...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
jsobecky, we all know you're a neo-con right wing fear-mongering propagandist, stop your BS. The cold war is over, get over it. If your hijacked government would be a good one, they would lift the embargo on Cuba. They would accept Chavez like he is and trade with him, he's not a war criminal like your government and the governments he trades with (China, Pakistan, ect..).

Verbal Warning from Mod: Play the ball instead of fouling the person.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i just found it interesting, assuming that the report is true, becuase in the army i was vaccinated against the plague and yellow fever...guess i only have to worrry bout hte botulism....which is a very deadly toxin btw.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
jsobecky, we all know you're a neo-con right wing fear-mongering propagandist, stop your BS. The cold war is over, get over it.

I love you too, Vitchilo.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
i just found it interesting, assuming that the report is true, becuase in the army i was vaccinated against the plague and yellow fever...guess i only have to worrry bout hte botulism....which is a very deadly toxin btw.

You can say that again. I'd rather get the plague or yellow fever over botulism...at least I would have time to stop the disease.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
jsobecky, we all know you're a neo-con right wing fear-mongering propagandist, stop your BS. The cold war is over, get over it. If your hijacked government would be a good one, they would lift the embargo on Cuba. They would accept Chavez like he is and trade with him, he's not a war criminal like your government and the governments he trades with (China, Pakistan, ect..).

and we all know your a liberal who wouldnt know a threat if it bit him in the ass. It's people like you that caused the deaths of 3,000 people on 9/11. Take the clinton approach and look the other way
. The bastards only attacked us 3 or 4 times prior to 9/11 and clinton did NADA!

Now, I wouldnt worry about a 3rd world countries biological weapons lab. It probably contains cold and flu viruses

yellow fever and botulism isnt as bad as say smallpox . black plague...errrr there has been a better mortality rate with that since the middle ages. Not only that, but im willing to bet that there are a small portion of white americans who may be immune or at least less suseptible to its effects.

Verbal Warning from Mod: Play the ball instead of fouling the person.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
not to be a 'know it all prick' or anything, but botulism is much more toxic than small pox.

untreated botulism has a mortality rate of up to 60% where small pox is up to 35%. those are from wiki cuz i couldnt remember off the top of my head, if those are wrong and we really want hard numbers, for the sake of discussion and all, ill pull out one of my old chem/bio warfare books i still have around here somewhere.

not that i want either one of them mind you...

just thought id throw my .02 in there lol

cheers

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hey ! I think I've found the news source for this!

Cuba

I have the book
Great piece of fiction
Especially the end

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is the Breaking News forum.
Please stay on topic.
And remember, personal attacks will not be tolerated on ATS.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Im not at all surprised. The Cold War isnt over. Putin is still moving it forward and the recent additian of Chavez and his buddy buddy relationship Ahmedinejhad is just fanning the flames. China is getting all sorts of attention because of their "marvelous" economy (its easy to make things look the way you want when you control how they operate).

Its not over by a long shot. The geography has changed for the worse and the players are now spread all over the world.

We're losing. Badly. It was their plan all along. The "collapse" was just an act. Now because so many people thought it was over theyre in a better position than ever to take over.

Their biggest fault will be trusting the Muslims. Once the West is dead the Commies wil have to confront with radical Sharia. Itll be like Russia trying to invade Afganistan again but this time all over the world. Not pleasant.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I don't think you have anything to worry about from communists. It's the international bankers, big corporations and the government and the mafia (especially the drug dealing factions of the CIA, and the Russian-Jewish mafia) you should worry about.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Do not worry - nobody can replace the Numero Uno country with the biggest list of weapons of mass destruction, and we all know who that is. I really do not understand why are you guys so worried about Cuba, when in your backyard there are hundreds of thousands of tons of biological and chemical weapons stored - not to mention nuclear missiles below your homes.

Feel safe?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Do not worry - nobody can replace the Numero Uno country with the biggest list of weapons of mass destruction, and we all know who that is. I really do not understand why are you guys so worried about Cuba, when in your backyard there are hundreds of thousands of tons of biological and chemical weapons stored - not to mention nuclear missiles below your homes.

Feel safe?

Not entirely unsafe. The chances of them being used to kill us are pretty slim. Even if there was a massive internal uprising they wouldnt be likely to gas, nuke, or infect their own land.

If the world leaders all started to congrehate somewhere else then Id be terrified. Why are they all leaving? What do they plan to do with this land?

Then Id be afraid.

But as a rule of thumb Im much more concerned with the kids down the street who have guns then with the guns in my own home. I like my guns. I clean them all the time and talk to them when Im at the range.
We're best buds!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
So Fidel didnt die.....:shk:

Listen folks, he's feeling "better" according to reports (must be that Santeria working for him again)...He was at a very weak point and now he wants dissinformation put out there so people will FEAR HIM AGAIN.

He's nobody unless he's in the limelight...SO WELCOME HIM BACK
and take whatever he says or his agents or his brother or anyone says with a grain of salt.
Its all BULL droppings.
The less attention you pay to this the madder he gets- and we dont want a happy CASTRO, do we????

He wishes.
Retardo Castro will stop at nothing to get YOUR attention.

And Souljah is right- read his post and fear not Castro but our own.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Like in the case of Venezuela buying new submarines, so does Cuba get new chemical weapons; the reason in both cases is pretty much the same.

According to Ortega, Cuba was prepared to use the biological weapons "to blackmail the United States in case of an international incident” such as the threat of an American invasion.

They both fear the Numero Uno...

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Im not at all surprised. The Cold War isnt over. Putin is still moving it forward and the recent additian of Chavez and his buddy buddy relationship Ahmedinejhad is just fanning the flames. China is getting all sorts of attention because of their "marvelous" economy (its easy to make things look the way you want when you control how they operate).

Its not over by a long shot. The geography has changed for the worse and the players are now spread all over the world.

We're losing. Badly. It was their plan all along. The "collapse" was just an act. Now because so many people thought it was over theyre in a better position than ever to take over.

Their biggest fault will be trusting the Muslims. Once the West is dead the Commies wil have to confront with radical Sharia. Itll be like Russia trying to invade Afganistan again but this time all over the world. Not pleasant.

I hate to admit it, but I'm afraid that you are correct.
I don't trust NK either. Their recent attempts to convince the world that they are going to stop with their nuclear program is in my opinion rather weak. The entire Mid East is a hair trigger. Pakistan, our supposed friend, is an enemy hiding in the shadows. Israel is a huge wild card.
No the Cold War is not over. It is just beginning in a new phase, and this one is scarier than ever. This time people who think it's glamorous to die have their finger on the button. At least before nobody WANTED to die.
It really is just a matter of time before a madman goes ahead and does it.
I hate predictions, but if I had to make one, I would say it's going to be Libya who starts it. Khadafi, once the madman of the middle east, found humbleness, and became a quiet angel. Sorry, I smell a rat there.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
hee hee.....and we would know what chemical weapons look like seeing as how america invented biologicalweapons..........first post woo-hoo let the mind numbing arguments commence

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
actually, one of the first documented cases of biowarfare was in 1346 when plague infested cadavers were catapaulted into the port city of kaffa in 1346.

chemical warfare dates back to around 2000bc when ancient indians used toxic pitch and sulfur to choke city's defenders during sieges.

phosgene was first prepared in 1811 by sir humphrey davies.
and mustard gas was invented in 1854

modern chemical warfare began on april 22 1915 when germany used chlorine against the french at ypres belgium.

modern nerve agents were developed in germany prior to ww2
these included tabin sarin and somon.

the v series (vx) wasnt developed until the 50's

the geneva protocol of 1925 banned the use of "asphyxiating" poisonous, or other gases and analoguous liquids. also bans bacteriological warfare.

the US didnt sign off on it until 1975.

so, to say that the us created all these horrific substances is just another case of pointing the finger at the 'great satan' and blaming the US for all the evil in the world, and once again its misplaced. sorry to spoil your fun.

source: USDOJ COBRA manual. (dont try to find a copy, they are hard to earn)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join