It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Odd Ring Around The Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
hello.

Just stepped outiside and saw a bunch of people in my neighborhood staring at the sky. I looked up, and there was a huge ring around the moon. Its not an aura, the ring takes up most of the sky. I live in South Carolina, and am curious, anyone else see it?

TD

(edit - tried to take a pic, but the ring wont show op on the pictures. Not anough light I gess.)

[edit on 28-2-2007 by TheDesigner]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
didnt see it but that tells me that cold weather is comming to you soon. That is what typicly happens when you see that ring around the moon

Or else the moon didnt wash out the tub YET again! dang that moon, so lazy I always have to clean up the bath tub after it. Makes me so mad. I tell it over and over to clean up after it takes a bath but NOOOO ring around the moon yet again. What a slob....

[edit on 28-2-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Was this at night? Did it look like a very faint, thin, perfectly shaped cloud circle around the moon? If so, I've seen something amazingly similar.

I tried to get a decent picture of it, but had the same issue as you, not enough light. Although I did a few pictures that very slightly you can see parts of the circle, it was still way too large to take a picture of in one shot.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Did it look like this?

Link and explanation

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sounds like a moon halo:
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

Get them all the time down here in cold Melbourne...!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Wow, I've never seen that before! The weather must not produce them where I live. Too bad...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I know here in NYC a reddish ring around the moon usually means rain the next day or sooner.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
That was it, masqua

And guess what? its been raining all day.

heh. Didn't know what it was.

thanks guys.

TD

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I just saw one of these last night for the first time ever, and sure enough it's pretty darn cold here today! I knew that when it was time to look up a halo around the moon, I could search here for the answer.

Very cool sight to see indeed, none of my pictures came out, but it was pretty wild.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
it's just the sun's light reflecting so brightly on to the moon, then towards earth and when hitting the (smog + other things in the air) it forms a circular ring because the earth is round.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's just a moon halo.

But what is really fun, if you have a powerful imagination, is to visualize a giant hidden planet approaching from behind the moon. The ring creates a pretty believable outline -- that is, if you enjoy playing optical tricks on yourself as much as I do.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
We had an awesome halo on around the moon in Colorado a few weeks ago, must have been 3 or 4Am, nobody awake to enjoy it but me. HUGE HALO, miles and miles of sky across. All I could do was look up and stare at it and hum the Halo theme.

top topics

join