It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19:00 Born Survivor: Bear Grylls UK TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Born Survivor: Bear Grylls Costa Rica In this new series, former Special Forces adventurer Bear Grylls demonstrates how to survive in the world's most extreme environments.

From the tv show Ive never seen this guy but he looks intresting anyone from america have info on this guy Id say this is a must for uk people to watch.Bear Grylls

[edit on 02/014/200 by SE7EN]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I saw one of his shows a couple of days ago on either TLC or Discovery, pretty interesting.

The intro to the show says he was special forces in the UK.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
On the link in my first post or on the ch4 website says he trained along sid them I think he's american forces not had much chance to look into him personally looks a good show tho.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
Born Survivor: Bear Grylls Costa Rica In this new series, former Special Forces adventurer Bear Grylls demonstrates how to survive in the world's most extreme environments.

From the tv show Ive never seen this guy but he looks intresting anyone from america have info on this guy Id say this is a must for uk people to watch.Bear Grylls

[edit on 02/014/200 by SE7EN]

I've seen the US show (Man vs Wild) and it's basically a parody. From what I read, they filmed him doing a 'safe' version of the survival and a 'reckless' version and they liked the reckless version much better so that's the direction they went.

I've also just caught him on one of the Discovery alternate channels where he does a stint with the French Foreign Legion. That was a pretty interesting show. He ends up buried up to his neck in a pit in the sand in one ep, because he stole some protein from the commander's table to give to a colleague who was starving (they give them very little food). It's supposed to be a four week program, people volunteer to be put through authentic FFL training.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm having a chuckle becuase when I was at school 'grills' used to be a coded slang word for b***ocks that we used around the teachers, ie Mr So and So talks grills.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This show is worth watching. Of course it's just more reality TV, but there is actually a lot of infomation to be taken from the show...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
From 1994 to 1997, served with the British SAS (21 SAS). HE passed U.K. Special Forces Selection, serving as a sabre soldier, highly trained in unarmed combat, desert and winter warfare, combat survival, medics, parachuting, signals, evasive driving, climbing and explosives. served actively in North Africa twice (details classified).

Has a book Born Survivor: Bear Grylls (aka Stranded) based on military and Man vs. Wild experiences and past expeditions.

top topics

join