It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate Declaration: infinite, Independent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

infinite for President

I, infinite, hereby declare that I am running for the office of President of The United States and are running for the Independent party.

In short, my platform is simple:
Parties have one thing in common. They seek the same goal and run together as a group not individuals. The people do not benefit from party fighting, attacks ads and smear campaigns only damage politics and push voters away. Time for a change.

To expand:
First and most important, a government and President represented for the people and by the people.

Upholding, protecting and defending the constitution of the United States of America.

More power devolved to the States rather than the Federal government.

An education system based on promoting American values and teaching children what it means to be American.

Using American influence to push for reform in the United Nations.

Protecting the environment without restricting economic growth.

Working towards universal healthcare throughout the United States.

Freedom of religion is a democratic right and no one should aim to restrict it.

Constitution changes should be put to a public vote before being altered.

Build trade ties with growing nations like India and seek to improve trade with the European Union.

I will keep America strong and make her become stronger. We should not fear the changing world because we will build a new American future and a new American deam.

Not infinite for President, but America for infinite

As a candidate for this office, running on this website, I promise the following:

I will uphold the Terms & Conditions of AboveTopSecret.com at all times

I will conduct a campaign that focuses on issues

I will seek to always answer issue-based questions with direct honesty and integrity

I will not, through my actions, communicate libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates in the primaries or general election

I will not, through my inaction, allow libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates to be made on my behalf

I will participate in every debate and avail myself to questions from the general population

If selected in a primary election, I will accept the nomination to run for my party for The President of The United States and select a capable running mate for my Vice President

I understand that if I fail to live up to the higher standards described herein, I may voluntarily or forcibly be required to end my candidacy or Presidency if elected.

As a candidate for this office, running on this website, I promise the following:

I will uphold the Terms & Conditions of AboveTopSecret.com at all times

I will conduct a campaign that focuses on issues

I will seek to always answer issue-based questions with direct honesty and integrity

I will not, through my actions, communicate libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates in the primaries or general election

I will not, through my inaction, allow libelous or slanderous statements or advertising messages directed toward other candidates to be made on my behalf

I will participate in every debate and avail myself to questions from the general population

If selected in a primary election, I will accept the nomination to run for my party for The President of The United States and select a capable running mate for my Vice President

I understand that if I fail to live up to the higher standards described herein, I may voluntarily or forcibly be required to end my candidacy or Presidency if elected.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well Infinite .. you know that I have no plans to vote for a non-American. However, I'll listen to what you have to say.

BIG QUESTION - why should I vote for you - a non-American - to run my country. I will listen to what you have to say.

I'll ask you the same questions I'm going to ask everyone -

Questions for the potential future president of the USA -

1 - Your stand on the rights of Americans to own and bear arms....

2 - Your stand on abortion laws ....

3 - Your stand on changing the Constitution to exclude gay marriage .....

4 - Your economic platform ....

5 - Your stand on the 'death tax' .....

6 - Your stand on the war in Iraq and how/when (IF?) to end it .....

7 - Your stand on our security wall on the southern US border (and then on the Northern border?) ...

8 - Your stand on other security issues such as security in our ports etc ...

9 - Your stand on intelligence gathering within the USA in regards to terrorism and constitutional rights -

10 - Your VP and cabinet appointments? (any for me? Just teasing on that )

11 - Your education in America fix? (or does it need it?) Your thoughts on what to do with 'no child left behind'....

12 - Your policy for foreign aid and 'forgiving debts' .....

13 - What federal funding, if any, would you put into medical research etc etc? Including FETAL stem cell use yes or no??

14 - Afghanistan? Your policy there ....

15 - Oil companies, pharmacuticals, etc etc? Any thoughts in that area as far as your administration goes?

16 - The United Nations .... Your policy and thoughts in regards to that and how your administration would deal with them??

17 - Amnesty for illegals or send them back (anchor babies and all)??

18 - NASA ... further funding, more funding, less funding, a complete change ??? What would you and your administration support in this area?

19 - ANWAR ... drill or not drill? Alaska's state right to drill (they want to) or will your administration forbid it due to the possibilty that the Refuge could be damaged in the future?

20 - Alternative energies .... Solar, wind mill farms, etc ... what are your thoughts and plans in this area to make us no longer at the mercy of anti-American oil rich countires?

[edit on 2/25/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Well Infinite .. you know that I have no plans to vote for a non-American. However, I'll listen to what you have to say.

History lesson, many of my family left the UK in the 1700s to go to the new world, so i do have some links to America. If you have no plans to vote for a "non-American" why bother asking me questions?

And this is just a game, btw

1 - Your stand on the rights of Americans to own and bear arms....

Its a right to own and bear arms, gun controls should be limited but complete ban (like in the UK and other countries) should not be introduce. Owning firearms is a constitutional right

2 - Your stand on abortion laws ....

Abortion should only be used in certain cases such as rape or to protect the mothers life, but it should not be used because "you've changed your mind".

3 - Your stand on changing the Constitution to exclude gay marriage .....

As I said in my statement, any changes to the Constitution will be put to a public vote and people should decide

4 - Your economic platform ....

Boosting the manufacturing industry and building better trading ties with the EU and India. Investing in ethanol energy will help to make the American economy stronger and the farming industry because it can help to create more jobs and increase investment in areas such as Iowa. It will also help to move America away from oil and will also help to combat climate change.

5 - Your stand on the 'death tax' .....

I have never been supportive of the idea of "death tax".

6 - Your stand on the war in Iraq and how/when (IF?) to end it .....

I was against the war, but we should tell the Iraq government that if they do not help to stamp out terrorism and violence we will remove all our troops with 6 months. The time is over for sweet talking, we are not their to baby-sit the government.

7 - Your stand on our security wall on the southern US border (and then on the Northern border?) ...

Border fence is a good idea, however it cannot be the only method. The Mexican government has to become more involved in protecting the border, not just America.

8 - Your stand on other security issues such as security in our ports etc ...

Security checks should be introduce at all major ports and airports throughout the United States. Many countries throughout the world have a border style security team. Protecting the American people should be the most important thing and we should do everything we can to protect them from harm.

9 - Your stand on intelligence gathering within the USA in regards to terrorism and constitutional rights -

The US should continue its relations with other global intelligence to protect the American people. Phone tapping is a vital tool in combating terrorism and can help to convict those who are suspected of terrorist activities. Of course, the American people as a whole should not be spied on but certain people (with a legit reason) should be monitored.

10 - Your VP and cabinet appointments? (any for me? Just teasing on that )

Play your cards right and who knows!

11 - Your education in America fix? (or does it need it?) Your thoughts on what to do with 'no child left behind'....

I have said in my statement. Regarding "no child left behind" i have heard that its not fully funded and rumours of corruption. A view will be taken and a decision will be taken.

12 - Your policy for foreign aid and 'forgiving debts' .....

Forgiving debts should be rewarded to countries who are not corrupt or undemocratic. Foreign aid should be monitored so it goes to the people, not the pockets of government ministers. Foreign aid will only be given to nations who need it i.e famines, drought, etc

13 - What federal funding, if any, would you put into medical research etc etc? Including FETAL stem cell use yes or no??

Stem cell is still a grey area. Funding will be given to help combat illnesses such as Cancer and other deadly diseases

14 - Afghanistan? Your policy there ....

Same with Iraq. Help us or we are leaving.

15 - Oil companies, pharmacuticals, etc etc? Any thoughts in that area as far as your administration goes?

Creation of a government monitoring commission to monitor the activites of these organisation. This will include monitoring ethics.

16 - The United Nations .... Your policy and thoughts in regards to that and how your administration would deal with them??

Already been explained in my platform. Push for democratic reform

17 - Amnesty for illegals or send them back (anchor babies and all)??

Those who have been in the United States of America for atleast 15 years to be given amnesty, anyone less will have to go back and then go through the correct channels. Incentives will be offered to countries who work with the United States to combat illegal immigration and prevent their citizens for gaining illegal access to America.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
HMMMMMMMM

Am I allowed to ask questions being another candidate?

Anyways..

I think your in the wrong party. You definitely sounds like a conservative?? Or maybe your trying to hard to be in the middle of the road, or perhaps every one is just good at BS'n everything and we all sound the same.
BUT you definitely don't sound liberal to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I think your in the wrong party. You definitely sounds like a conservative?? Or maybe your trying to hard to be in the middle of the road, or perhaps every one is just good at BS'n everything and we all sound the same.
BUT you definitely don't sound liberal to me.

Mr.infinite is running as an independent

im not apart of any party

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
MY BAD

I thought I read Democratic but I had two "tabs" (firefox) open.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
MY BAD

I thought I read Democratic but I had two "tabs" (firefox) open.

lol thats okay,

you said you was running? if so, good luck

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
If you have no plans to vote for a "non-American" why bother asking me questions?

That's the plan .. but as I said .. I am listening. So someone could convince me to change my mind. (hey, I'm a girl, It happens)

And this is just a game, btw

Yeah, I gotta' remember that.

Excellent answers infinite. I especially like your thought on a monitoring commission for big corporations. I haven't seen that elsewhere. Common sense and 'thinking outside the box'. Good luck with your campaign.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Excellent answers infinite. I especially like your thought on a monitoring commission for big corporations. I haven't seen that elsewhere. Common sense and 'thinking outside the box'. Good luck with your campaign.

Take it, i have your vote then

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Take it, i have your vote then

You are a scamp!!
Not even an attempt to bribe me or anything!
UGH! What happened to the 'good old days' of politics?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

BIG QUESTION - why should I vote for you - a non-American - to run my country. I will listen to what you have to say.

Because the Americans you have voted for in the past have done such a top job.

Wanting to invade Cuba
Vietnam
Iraq
Deciding who can have nuclear weapons

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
*plays around with the earpiece*

Im sorry, can you repeat the question please?

[edit on 26-2-2007 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'll be asking all candidates this.

What is your opinion the current election age, that is having to be at least
35 to become president, should it be lowered, raised or stay the same?

What are your thoughts on the requirement that one must be born in the
United States to become president, should it be changed or stay the
same?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
What is your opinion the current election age, that is having to be at least
35 to become president, should it be lowered, raised or stay the same?

35 is a very young age in politics. Its a good age I feel to be President. So I feel that it should not be change. I do recall their are election ages for the Senate and Congress? I will change those ages and lower them to 21 (that is the norm in Europe).

What are your thoughts on the requirement that one must be born in the
United States to become president, should it be changed or stay the
same?

It should stay the same, the leader of your country should be born in your country.

new topics

top topics

join