It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel seeks US green light for Iran attack -- report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Someone with the vision to actually do what needs to be done. I hope they do it weither we give them permission or not.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
War is never an answer... its always a failure of diplomacy. Considering we were lied our way into one war... what makes you think that the bush team are on the up and up now?

What is stupid is being gung ho about war.... any war.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCash

It's not about dying for your country It's about making the other bastards die for there's !!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this offends anyone but COME ON enough is enough already
support FREEDOM and basic human rights for everyone ..... let's not sit and wait for some knuckle heads to attack USA or anyone else.

so easy to see iran is up to no good and should be burned down ASAP !!!

So, I guess you have enlisted then? I find your post offensive. I have someone that I care about who WILL have to risk their life if there is a war with Iran. And we ask ourselves, what are we fighting for? Move beyond the propaganda Johnny. The Middle East Policies are about regional transformation and securing the National self interests of America and controlling the flow of oil.

What worries me the most is the possibility of Nuclear pre-emptive strikes which will be used as a justification to protect the American ground forces.

I weep for what the world is becoming.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hey i am in the service !!! ( been in for 22 yrs )
(deessell) if they enlisted then what the heck they enlist for ? sucks yes for you and a ton of other people (my son is also enlisted) but somebody has to and what they or you think they was going do in the service ? hand out candy canes ... If any thing i am pround to be in the army and proud of all my fellow mates and would die for them as they would die for us and for the freedom we all enjoy or threat of lack of freedom for all of us.

Support your Troops.

And i don't want anyone to die BUT you think if we just sit back and relax things will be ok ?

COME ON ..

if i was a slave and Didn't say anything i would be a FREE MAN today ?

The answer is NO i wouldn't i would still be a slave .

Why ? Because i refused to ACT on my God Given Right for Freedom

Which everyone Should have ..

A> They been Warned and Warned over and over ...

We should not wait until they have the bomb and use it and then bonk ourselves on the head .

When 2 kids are about to fight they always wanna yell at each other and say things

I'm Old school ( when things GOT DONE )

I say if ya started it then finish it stop the talking and stop the BS and get down to business before there is really damage from them hiding like cowards after they started the dam thing first .

My god have a back bone . Don't be afraid to stand up straight like a man kick this problem in the ass now . get it over with and out of the way now so our children can go on living in a free world instead of waiting for it to blow up in our face later.

again srry if this offends anyone but when is the right time for the attack on iran ?

when they send people with back packs with atom bombs to all 50 states then (bonks on head) attack ?

Hell NO !!! The time is now ..

Again i don't wanna see anyone get hurt and wish there was a way to make them listen without force

[edit on 24-2-2007 by JohnnyCash]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Israeli officials being sources telling the news organization that they are seeking permission from the U.S. to cross Iraq and into Iran to bomb? Doesn't that violate OPSEC? Especially when you want to achieve surprise. This smells.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We don't need no surpirse the surprise is going be when we take all there stuff out within a day and then push them back to the table to talk where they should of been acting like a concerned human being in the first place and respect all living things instead of pussy footing around and trying to get away with it.

We have the right to be concerned what there up to and so dose the rest of the world. If they really truly cared about people they would of did what there told for the benefit of all people and worked things out.

They must have something to hide more then just needing power for there people, if thats all they need then why all the fuss ?

we are only doing what is right and to make sure it's safe for everyone and that shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Grover if i had wanted a come back i'd wipe it off your Face or maybe your back !!!

Sing some Cash for us, JohnnyCash!

"When I hear the ban hammer swingin....I hang my head and cry."

[edit on 24-2-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Sorry and i also wish people on this forum wouldn't attack others and waste my time when i have to DEFEND myself (even if i do say something stupid)

I am new to being a member but long time reader of this site
and don't like being called stupid or someone saying i need brain surgey just because my view is different >

It's my right and everyones right to speak there mind and express how they feel about the topic at hand instead of bashing each other .

I'd radther talk about the topics then defend my self againts other members who feel like given others a hard time or even go as low to call each other names just because our ideas or opinions might be different from each other.

This site was made just for that purpose, to expand ourselves and our minds not to just come back with quick come backs at each other.

Can't we all just get along

Next time i will just ignore such people who are afraid to hear different ideas then there own.

and i'll try to sing ya that cash ( pound of 20's ok ?)

Peace and God bless ATS for Freemdom of thought !!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is a big mistake if it happens, war only causes more problems, Iraq is and example, dont they learn from their mistakes. I just hope that there wont be any more problems in the world than there already is, why cant we have peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I still can't see how the USA would be able to give permission to Israel to fly over Iraqi sovereign territory without asking the Iraqi's who are supposedly supposed to be in charge of their own country. I wouldn't think it was Americas place to grant that access.

The U.S. wouldn't have to give permission per se, just say that we won't interfere. The Iraqis are hardly in any position to stop it themselves right now. I don't think they have a single plane in their airforce left.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

It's my right and everyones right to speak there mind and express how they feel about the topic at hand instead of bashing each other .
None of us has any right to speak here. We post what the owners will allow, nothing more.

this site was made just for that purpose, to expand ourselves and our minds
Wrong. It was made to talk about area 51 and little grey men, not your bodily functions.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The U.S. wouldn't have to give permission per se, just say that we won't interfere.

I agree, if the permission was requested. I think if anything was said it is more likely that it went like this:

Israel: "Hey US, were done, dude. We are going bomb them, unless you got something better planned.

US: "No, were on a tight leash right now, sleeping in the dog house. You have fun, though, and thanks for the warning!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The U.S. wouldn't have to give permission per se, just say that we won't interfere. The Iraqis are hardly in any position to stop it themselves right now. I don't think they have a single plane in their airforce left.

So you believe that Israel has the right to invade Iraqi airspace just because they are unable to stop them or because they have no airforce?
I guess that you would also say that since we are the reason for Iraq not being able to defend itself we would not be responsible for enforcing their sovereignity in the interim? I guess it was more of a semi-democracy and semi-freedom we brought the Iraqi people.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
cavscout

after reading all the posts, i'd have to say johnny has a great point and
and you should stick to the topic at hand instead of bashing people yourself , johnny had a great come back to someone who didn't like the ideas expressed and bashed johnny first.

we are all here to talk about the topics at hand not bash each other and you should reread the posts first before starting stuff yourself.

nothing wrong with johnny posts and was one hell of a come back i might add johnny
for being bashed first !!

so i might suggest cavscout break back into daycare and stick to topics from now on and worry about yourself instead.

now i'm going back to my party and enjoy my friends as it is a sat and got better things to do then bark aloud.

side note :

we don't really know what will happen with iran until it happens . so much hype in the media who knows who to trust anymore ?

and i do want my pound of 20's if ya can spare some notes

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
So you believe that Israel has the right to invade Iraqi airspace just because they are unable to stop them or because they have no airforce?

That’s not what I got from his thread at all. He is right, Iraq is in no position to stop Israel. Dont like that? Sorry, but it is reality. Does that give Israel the right to do anything? No, not necessarily, but Iraq still is in no position to do anything except watch it's citizens die, horrible as that is.

PieMaN, you seriously need to relax. Your gonna give yourself a heart attack. Besides, everyone already knows exactly what you are going to say before they even read your post.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Everyone has got good ideas on what might happen.
(that means everyone who put there 2 cents on topic at hand)

lets hope it stays peacefull and things can be worked out as i'm sure no one really wants a war unless it really comes down to that and god bless those involved and may god watch over every one involved and take care of all our loved ones.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anubiz
after reading all the posts, i'd have to say johnny has a great point

Of course you would.

BTW, having multiple accounts is not allowed. At least change your style of posting when you post under your second account.

See ya (or maybe not)

[edit on 25-2-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I think it is worth mentioning the controversial Israel-Iran relationship in the past.

A lot of things that until now were never cleared.

Source

Cooperation between Israel and Iran touched many fields, including oil, trade, air transport, and various forms of technical assistance. But their most important mutual interest was in the military sphere.

Though Israel, along with the United States, suffered a grievous loss with the fall of the Shah, its leaders concluded that lasting geo-political interests would eventually triumph over religious ideology and produce an accommodation between Tel Aviv and Tehran. The onset of the Iran-Iraq war in 1980 gave Israeli leaders a special incentive to keep their door open to the Islamic rulers in Iran: the two non-Arab countries now shared a common Arab enemy. As Israeli Defense Minister Ariel Sharon told the Washington Post in May 1982, justifying Israeli arms sales to Tehran, "Iraq is Israel's enemy and we hope that diplomatic relations between us and Iran will be renewed as in the past." Four months later he told a Paris press conference, "Israel has a vital interest in the continuing of the war in the Persian Gulf, and in Iran's victory." Such views were not Sharon's alone; Prime Ministers Itzhak Shamir (Likud) and Shimon Peres (Labor) shared them too.

To this day, prominent Israelis still argue that strategic calculus unashamedly. Retired Gen. Aharon Yariv, former head of military intelligence, told a conference at Tel Aviv University in late 1986 that "it would be good if the Iran-Iraq war ended in a tie, but it would be even better if it continued." Otherwise, Iraq might open an "eastern front" against Israel. 19 The carnage of human life didn't figure in the equation at all. Uri Lubrani, Israel's chief representative in Iran under the Shah and Nimrodi's superior in Mossad, recently justified continued arms sales because "Khomeinism will disappear and Israel and the United States will again have influence in Iran."

Anecdotes abound in the world press relating to Israeli sales to Iran:
* In March 1982, the New York Times cited documents indicating that Israel had supplied half or more of all arms reaching Tehran in the previous 18 months, amounting to at least $100 million in sales.
* Foreign intelligence sources told Aerospace Daily in August 1982 that Israel's support was "crucial" to keeping Iran's air force flying against Iraq.
* An alleged former CIA agent reportedly visited Israel in 1982, met with the chief of staff of the Israeli Defense Forces and head of military intelligence, and "struck a deal with them involving the transfer of weapons and equipment, captured by Israel during the Lebanon war, to Iran."
* Israeli sources told Newsweek that "they sold the Iranians much of the light weaponry and ammunition that the Israeli army had captured during its invasion of Lebanon; subsequently, they sold overhauled jet engines, spare parts for American-made M-48 tanks, ammunition and other hardware-S100 million worth in 1983 alone."
* Newsweek also reported that after an Iranian defector landed his F-4 Phantom jet in Saudi Arabia in 1984, intelligence experts determined that many of its parts had originally been sold to Israel, and had then been re-exported to Tehran in violation of U.S. Iaw.
* In 1984 and early 1985, a single one of Israel's many European brokers, based in Sweden, reportedly shipped hundreds of tons of TNT and other explosives to Iran, often by way of Argentina, worth 500 million kroner.
* The Milan weekly Panorama reported that Israel had sold the Khomeini regime 45,000 Uzi submachine guns, antitank missile launchers, missiles, howitzers and aircraft replacement parts. "A large part of the booty from the PLO during the 1982 Lebanon campaign wound up in Tehran," the magazine claimed.
* Manila newspapers have reported since the Irangate scandal broke that former armed forces chief of staff Gen. Fabian Ver, a crony of Ferdinand Marcos, supplied phony end user certificates to allow Israeli intermediaries to divert U.S. arms to Iran in 1984.

Israel had plans of having influence in Iran:

Uri Lubrani, Israel's chief representative in Iran under the Shah and Nimrodi's superior in Mossad, recently justified continued arms sales because "Khomeinism will disappear and Israel and the United States will again have influence in Iran

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I completely agree with Johnny Cash. I personally believe that if we wait too long something bad will happen vis-a-vis Iran. Iran has no intentions to comply with a peaceful solution to meet the world's requirements for it's inhabitants. I salute you, Johnny Cash and your son. Oh and for those who think that war is never the answer just open up your history books and take a look. The human race is a WARRIOR race. Always has been and always will. No one wants to die but it seems that some countries don't get it and that's a sad social commentary on society.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
searching_for_truth

nice post !!!!

Thx for staying on topic and one great post btw. thats what i like to see on ATS forum facts like that very good reading information and with a link to boot (woot) gratz on the facts !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join