It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Tolkien a conspiracy theorist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Lets take another look at the trilogy of The Fellowship of the Ring.

1. You have a group of beings (orcs etc) led by one (sauron) bent on bringing all of the people under one ruler.

2. You have the EYE which is singular and all seeing, this for the most of the series represents the one power that wishes to rule all of "middle earth"

Now what is the symbol for the masons and illuminati?

The all seeing eye.

what is their goal?

To bring about a one world government.

Sounds like Tolkien knew something to me!

Discuss please.

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by NephraTari]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Interesting concept, but I don't think so. I saw on a documentery about Tolkien that when he first published the books, people thought he was talking about WWII, whence Sauron was Hitler, and the allies where elves and men,.etc... But Tolkien just wanted to write a fantasy story, nothing more than that.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I always though that each disticnt race represented a certain aspect of ourselves, and our society.
Thier was a deeper meaning.

MAN- Greed, Arrogance, always depicted as wanted to force their views on others, were right, your wrong, quik to judge, slow to understand

Elves- wise, patience, quik to understand, slow to judge.

Hobbits- Innocence, Children.

Dwarves- foul mouthed, strong hardworkers, headstrong.

I could be totaly wrong about all of this, but whatever.

Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewbacca
But Tolkien just wanted to write a fantasy story, nothing more than that.

It is said that Tolkien wrote "The Hobbit" as follows:

"This is how the idea about Hobbits in JRR Tolkien's books began. Tolkien was working with some rather boring School Certificate papers at home. Looking at a blank page he suddenly got this notion. So, he scribbled down this one sentence about the Hobbit, and later pondered what a Hobbit should be." taken from

www.mi.uib.no...

So, given that, was "the Lord of the Rings" inspired from conspiracy theory - or simply that Tolkien was a gifted storyteller (who no doubt drew on influences around him, as we all do??)

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He wrote this story for his kids and had a big fantasy thats simply all.
The "all seeing eye" is also something as people said god is. "The eye that sees it all" some people said in the past.

If you draw parallels like that I can draw you a connection between Hitler and Winnie the Pooh.
The Ring-sagas structure is very classical. Several groups coming together to fight the ultimate bad in the world in the final battle.
Tolkien knew he had several kids who need to get entertained, thats a big motivation for a father

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by shoo]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The book is so damn boring and full of useless details, how can you even finish the book, let alone compare it to a conspiracy theory?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
The book is so damn boring and full of useless details, how can you even finish the book, let alone compare it to a conspiracy theory?

Whoah!! What would Peter Jackson say?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Of course Tolkien knew what was going on. He was like Leonardo..he was privy to secret information that he could only present to the world in a creative but coded manner. It was the only way it could be done...as it has been through the centuries.

He used to hang out with CS Lewis in a pub down the road from where I live. They all knew. The chosen ones if you like.

It's up to people to try and work it out. A magnificent adventure. You'd do well to analyse the messages in their works. It's all very relevant...everything they wrote about and painted about was all about what's happening now.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I can find the Book of Revelations, or Genesis or any little thing you want in the Wizard of Oz too.

Or it's an artistic representation of Man's struggle through the mysteries of the mind with only his own Ego, ID and Superego as guides.

Really, there's only one story. We just keep telling it different.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

...Man's struggle through the mysteries of the mind with only his own Ego, ID and Superego as guides.

someone knows his psychology,

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
www.sacredmysteries.com...

This is an interesting site.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Do you know The Hobbit was set in the village I live in, Brill? Brill is made up of 2 words, Brae and Hill, which readers of the hobbit will recognise

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

Originally posted by RANT

...Man's struggle through the mysteries of the mind with only his own Ego, ID and Superego as guides.

someone knows his psychology,

Not really, but what story isn't a phsychological exploration of man? From Scarecrow, Tinman and Cowardly Lion to Joey, Ross and Chandler.... or Frankestein, to Dr. Jeckel/Mr. Hyde or Tolkein's Gollum, or Frodo or anyone that touches 'the ring'.

There's Illuminati in all stories to. Whoever pit's the Us against Them. In the Bible it's God.

There's three sides to every story you know.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
Lets take another look at the trilogy of The Fellowship of the Ring.

1. You have a group of beings (orcs etc) led by one (sauron) bent on bringing all of the people under one ruler.

2. You have the EYE which is singular and all seeing, this for the most of the series represents the one power that wishes to rule all of "middle earth"

Now what is the symbol for the masons and illuminati?

The all seeing eye.

what is their goal?

To bring about a one world government.

Sounds like Tolkien knew something to me!

Discuss please.

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by NephraTari]

i think you're a little to suspicious

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I got some articles from book about Tolkien on my site.
stuffucanuse.com...

in the middle under Downloads..

He wrote the LOTR and others to create "A mythology for England" - like the Vikings and their legends (of which he was an expert).

It was entirely harmless endevour spured on by his friend and competitors success - CS Lewis with his narnia books - and a need to make some money.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sorry - He isn't a conspiracy theorist, just a gifted man. His stories can bind you and wrap you up in a world not of ours. There is even an Elvish language that you can actually learn. Although, the fact that each race might describe a certain aspect of ourselves in quite interesting. Just got back from seeing "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of The King" for the 2nd time lol..

-wD

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Whether you believe this or not it's definitely a thought
provoking breakdown of Lord of the Rings!
(In fact; this guy got banned from this site for his views)

216.239.41.104...:MYxYSdaQvc0J:www.blackwebportal.com/forums/viewmessages.cfm%3FForum%3D5%26Topic%3D2409+YHVH+%22Lord+of+the+R ings+%22&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

(If link doesn't work then copy & paste)

ONE

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Whether you believe this or not it's definitely a thought
provoking breakdown of Lord of the Rings!
(In fact; this guy got banned from this site for his views)

216.239.41.104...:MYxYSdaQvc0J:www.blackwebportal.com/forums/viewmessages.cfm%3FForum%3D5%26Topic%3D2409+YHVH+%22Lord+of+the+R ings+%22&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

(If link doesn't work then copy & paste)

ONE

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by Tamahu]

Sorry but no.
How anyone can say that the Orcs are supposed to be the Holy black people or whatever is beyond me seeing as THERE ACTUALLY ARE BLACK PEOPLE IN MIDDLE EARTH.
The Orcs are monsters, they are elves who were captured by Melkor and twisted into a new form.
I find it irritating when people try to imply that Tolkien was a racist.

Edit: Plus that Knowledge person mispelled Gandalf's name so they're obviously a retard.

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by �any]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the intelligent critique

I already said that it was a controversial
breakdown of the movies symbolism.

So why not take what you see as the
best part(s) and leave the rest alone???

ONE

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any
www.sacredmysteries.com...

This is an interesting site.

Wow, great find. Thanks for the link Dany. I am looking it over.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join