It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the "mystical plants" thread?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm assuming it has been deleted by a moderator.

Any explanation?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexg
I'm assuming it has been deleted by a moderator.

Any explanation?

Alex, while discusssions about '___' and other hallucinogenic substances can be interesting, it's against ATS code to post such subjects on the board. I am not real certain of the reason for this, but, it is against ATS rules and regulations.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That's right. Its in the trash bin.

Just goes to show the stranglehold that big pharma has on our society that concern over legality would trump informed discussion.

Again, we live in an opiate culture, and the PTB want it to stay that way. I believe nothing short of the second coming of Christ Himself will change that.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have a related thread here that you may find interesting. Fortunately the discussion has been allowed to continue thus far and it has developed into a pretty decent thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Alex, while discusssions about '___' and other hallucinogenic substances can be interesting, it's against ATS code to post such subjects on the board. I am not real certain of the reason for this, but, it is against ATS rules and regulations.

Understood.

However, some psychotropic substances are not illegal.
To complicate things further, certain substances occupy a legal grey-area. An increasingly well-known example of just such a substance is entirely unscheduled in the majority of US states, while a handful have passed legislation forbidding sale to minors.
If the discussion of alcohol and tobacco on ATS, though rare, is nonetheless permitted, I see no reason why this particular substance can't be discussed within the boundaries of the T&C's.

I'm not looking to start a fight with the ATS administration, I'm just trying to understand the policy. I think it would be a shame for a site as far-reaching as ATS to restrict the discussion of substances which have the potential to provide substantial perspective on the broad range of topics regularly discussed here.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by alexg]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexg
I'm not looking to start a fight with the ATS administration, I'm just trying to understand the policy. I think it would be a shame for a site as far-reaching as ATS to restrict the discussion of substances which have the potential to provide substantial perspective on the broad range of topics regularly discussed here.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by alexg]

Unfortunately, that is the drawback to such a policy. I suspect that the rule applies here because the "governing" operators of ATS don't want charges of "condoned drug abuse" leveled against the site.. I don't know that to be a fact, but I'd venture to say that that is a probable cause for such a policy.

df1

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've seen several threads disappear on me this week that are not related to drugs. The only one that comes to mind is the Windows vs Linux thread. I received a notice moving it from board business to ????. The new link didn't work. I was going to report it, but forgot until I read this thread. Also my entire subscribe list vanished a few minutes ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

[Maybe It's Just Upgrade Pains?

No. This thread was posted 5-6 days ago and the original post still hasn't reappeared. I think one of the moderators removed it because it made references to hallucinogenic drugs and plants.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yes, it was removed.
Even though a member and a moderator--me--advised that discussing the use of illegal substance was not allowed, the discussion continued.

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, sexual relations with minors, etc. are strictly forbidden.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

join