It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S gives a green light to Turkey to attack PKK in Southern Kurdistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

According to Awene, in the meeting held on January 29th with Masud Barzani, the president of the Kurdistan Regional Government, and his vice president Kosrat Rasul, were told by Joseph Ralston the United States' special envoy on countering the PKK that Turkey has been given a green light from the U.S to attack PKK positions on the Qandil Mountains. The source told Awene that the military invasion will start in the beginning of April 2007.

On February 13, Jangawar, a member of the PKK leadership, told Awene that the U.S and Turkish representatives have drawn up a plan against southern Kurdistan. He said “this plan starts with attacking PKK positions on the Qandil Mountains but their goals are to destroy Kirkuk’s referendum and other Kurdish advancements in southern Kurdistan”.

www.kurdishaspect.com...

Not sure what to make of this, does it benefit the USA having turkey fighting in the north?
does it allow them to take the lead on some sections of the insurgency that generate from the north?
Or maybe the US believes Iran attacking turkish forces in the north when they attempt to hit america will deter something..

What I find really suspicous...

is that they gave them the date of when they were going to invade....

Wouldnt the PKK now just leave ?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If this is true im sure it wont be too long befoe the US has the Kurds fighting against them as well

If its one thing that Kurds hate well then its the Turks, really goes to show how good the US foreign policy just is

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Something strange here...

Weren't the Israeli military involved in training and arming the Kurdish groups not so long ago, and now the US has ok-d Turkey to take them on?

My initial thought is that the US will be seeking Turkey's assistance to protect the Ceyhan oil pipeline in the event of situations escalating in the Persian Gulf.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Turkey didnt allow us to use their airspace in the Iraq Campaign... and as soon as we were in baghdad, we denied their request to enter the war against the northern factions....

I tell you, It would be handy having freedom in turkeys airspace for israel and the US should we want to take on Iran...
Israel could go through turkey and come in from the north coming over the water....And the US could be a broadside from the border...

So what would America, of exchanged for use of the airspace in the GWOT....

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Not sure what to make of this, does it benefit the USA having turkey fighting in the north?

Its probably to pick up the slack from britain running home with its tail tucked between their legs. Thats my opinion on it.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
wow, you really are sore about thtat arent you.

Im sorry Xphillies, but your going to HATE australia soon tooooo...

This was YOUR country's mistake,
Some may take longer than other to realise this... but its becoming bloody obvious.......

And countries that RESPECT the value of a humans life, or want to obey the rules of the WORLD, are going to abdone your ship matey...

Iraq's going down, and all your patriotic sheep are going follow.

If your still on the BUSH wagon, your gunna experience a sudden JOLT!

cue corney patriotic american drums of war beat......

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Turkey didnt allow us to use their airspace in the Iraq Campaign...

Actually, Turkey did not allow US cross border ground incursions from Turkish soil or offensive use of bases…airspace was allowed to be used during the Iraq campaign.

So what would America, of exchanged for use of the airspace in the GWOT....

PPK, KGK etal. have historically received aid and refuse from both Syria and Iran. Imo, actions by Turkey confronting the various militant arms of these factions will place the proverbial 'spotlight' on these supportive governments while also serving to increase tensions between Turkey and Iran/Syria.

mg

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Cheers MG, I stand corrected...
I knew we were knocked back for some form of military advantage.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
When the no-fly zones were establishe over Iraq after the first Gulf war, the Turks was rutinely given permissions for missions into the Northern one in their campaign aginst PKK, despite the fact Turkey is having a defence alliance with Israel, who do clandestine training of PKK fighters persued.

It was discussed in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The information that Turkey was allowed to enter the no-fly zones comes from Jhon Pilgers book "The New World Rulers".

On his website -->Iraq Articles by John Pilger I found this about it. British and American pilots are blowing the cover

The tactical as well as the stategical reasons for this inconsistency is a mystery to me too.

top topics

join