It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an alien wanna be friends with a human?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Its my opinion that if our governments weren't actively attacking ETs that come here and threatening individuals that come into contact with them, there would be "friendships" of sorts between humans and extraterrestrials. Until this changes however, there will be no overt friendly contact.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'd love to have an alien friend. except the part where when i see the cover of communion (or anything with a gray on it) i get scared to death, I've often wondered if it's just because of the fact that they're scary looking (at least to me) or is it something from my past, but that's something for another post entirely.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yeah the nature of man is to kill or subjugate any life form he sees as a threat.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
hopefully we wouldn't try and kill them, I'd enjoy someday living side by side with them (if they exist), it's just we'd have to get around the whole "intelligent beings that are not human" thing. i mean we still have problems with our own species if they look different or hold a different beliefs.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
Yeah the nature of man is to kill or subjugate any life form he sees as a threat.

Oh, not necessarily. Yeah, we can be pretty ruthless.

But human beings are also generally smart enough to understand that sometimes you have to do something altruistic to benefit from it later, and that cooperation is often a more efficient and resource-saving response to dealing with a competitor.

Look at that TV show "Survivor." Nobody was killed or subjugated, and people wrangled their way through the game.

Confronted with a potentially superior alien threat, human beings would probably - hopefully - be smart enough to try cooperating and negotiating with the bugs until we can find a way to get on a more equal footing with them. We'd want to take as much time as possible to develop our understanding of them and work on adapting or stealing their superior technology for our own defense... or offense... or whatever.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I guess after the months or years of biological quarantine. Sure, why not.

I won't treat them any different than any other friend I've had. I'm friendly to those that are friendly. Even to those that are not. Simple enough.

I'm not a human that makes any assumptions about our role in the universe or how we may be viewed by others.

I've long since stood ready to be an ambassador of this planet. If there is a intergalactic council to speak to, I'm there. The whole galaxy needs to know about us and how very destructive we are if they don't know already.

The galaxy needs to know that this planet is indeed armed and any air or land attack will be met with tremendous force. We will not stop fighting until the bitter bloody end of us all.

There is hope though. Most of us are down right groovy, and because of that, we could throw a wicked party until the end of time.

Now, I am aware that my views are based on the hope that we are dealing with a civilized race(s). however, we may not, and arms may still be necessary.

I truly hope with all my being that we can make peaceful contact and evolve once again. We have before. Read the past. Its all over the place in every language and in every culture after another. Plenty of alien friends. Lots of evolving humans.

I miss having good friends over for dinner and movie. I hope they like action films with Schwarzenegger in them.

/0.02

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Think about Dogs, for example. If aliens were dogs, I could easily be friends with them. Cows, Horses, Chickens, Birds, most Fish, some insects(ladybug, maybe even a fly depending on the size. I have some dogs that are good friends of mine, and if you could ask them I think they would tell you that they were my friends. We can basically learn the language of most animals, but we can't literally have much of a "conversation with them". I believe that there are many "Human aliens" or actual humans that could breed with humans here. I actually believe that the different races of Humans that are on this planet, are in fact from different planets.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Already a topic about this.....

Topic here

Yes I think it is possible.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Don't forget:
Mork & Mindy
Superman & Lois Lane

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Would a insect want to be friends with a mammal? the only instance i can think of is either a parasitic or a feasting upon relationship.

Mammals can show signs of bonding with other mammal species, however the difference between insect and mammal?.... you do the math.

Unfortunately the aliens (greys) appear more insect than mammal. Also the reptilians are obvious reptiles... yes you can have a snake as a pet... but does the snake every feel compassion for a mammal? Same unbreakable barrier between the two, so i think therein lies your sad answer.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
Would a insect want to be friends with a mammal? the only instance i can think of is either a parasitic or a feasting upon relationship.

Mammals can show signs of bonding with other mammal species, however the difference between insect and mammal?.... you do the math.

Unfortunately the aliens (greys) appear more insect than mammal. Also the reptilians are obvious reptiles... yes you can have a snake as a pet... but does the snake every feel compassion for a mammal? Same unbreakable barrier between the two, so i think therein lies your sad answer.

dude, they arent just insects that roam around and run on instinct. first of all they build spaceships that are over a thousand years beyond any technology we could even grasp. its transferring consiousness into a different shell thats pretty much the only difference. its not just a reptile in a spaceship that is where you are wrong

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i realized all that when i made my comment. imagine a spider evolving into a humanoid like body. Imagine this abomination could communicate and build intergallatic spiderweb spaceships. Would you care to get all cute and cozy in his trap door cobweb spider den and have tea as IT sucks bodily juices out of a decaying corpse and then proceeds to bite the head off its mate and eat it....? Who knows what insect like traits remain in IT's horrible cortex? It really does boil down to just that there are fundamental differences that will impede any true or real sense of friendship like we enjoy with other mammals. I dont think you can really comprehend what i'm getting at, i realize a creature ohhh so smart would be a tree hugging hibbie friendly space spider....BS. We all stay true to our ancestorial roots, even humans, despite how evolved we may become. These are instintual traits that cannot be altered despite how many stars we travel to. Havnt you watched the studies on social relationships observed by wild monkies and how they compare to modern humans? Now take those same observations and apply them to an insects social interaction and you will be horrified as to the outcome. If anything a hyperintelligent evolved insect like humanoid shaped creature is potentially farthest thing from a "friend' as as I can imagine.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Agree with Hiii, most of the pleasant interactions you have with other creatures are with mammals. Most mammalian emotional systems bear some similarity to each other, so you can sort of relate to a dog or cat, and they with you.

I've seen birds that acted as if they liked their owners, although the ones I've seen do that were generally flocker/groomers like parakeets, ravens and the like that take care of each other in a social hierarchy. I'm not sure you could have a pet shrike, for example, that would "love" you.

If you had a non-social critter that was hatched from an egg with no parental interaction, I'm not sure you'd have any real communication. And anyway, you've got more genetic closeness to a cucumber than ET. The thing might be eyeing you up for a nice dinner with some fava beans.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

you've got more genetic closeness to a cucumber than ET.

haha thats my point

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

i realized all that when i made my comment. imagine a spider evolving into a humanoid like body. Imagine this abomination could communicate and build intergallatic spiderweb spaceships. Would you care to get all cute and cozy in his trap door cobweb spider den and have tea as IT sucks bodily juices out of a decaying corpse and then proceeds to bite the head off its mate and eat it....? Who knows what insect like traits remain in IT's horrible cortex? It really does boil down to just that there are fundamental differences that will impede any true or real sense of friendship like we enjoy with other mammals. I dont think you can really comprehend what i'm getting at, i realize a creature ohhh so smart would be a tree hugging hibbie friendly space spider....BS. We all stay true to our ancestorial roots, even humans, despite how evolved we may become. These are instintual traits that cannot be altered despite how many stars we travel to. Havnt you watched the studies on social relationships observed by wild monkies and how they compare to modern humans? Now take those same observations and apply them to an insects social interaction and you will be horrified as to the outcome. If anything a hyperintelligent evolved insect like humanoid shaped creature is potentially farthest thing from a "friend' as as I can imagine.

lol first of all no type of alien that i have ever heard of is like that. this isnt the type that is in your avatar. i havent heard any first hand witness nor from any millitary person that the universe is filled with spider aliens that kill humans for food. do you think every alien in outerspace dont like or talk to eachother at all? of course not and that is what we are going to learn to do one day instead of going off on our wild fantasies

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
put it this way i would rather make friends with your avatar than mine. I think we would share more in common. Just like insects and humans i believe we could cohabit the same planet and possibly work together in a mutally beneficial relationship however the topic is "friendship" I think a spider's definition of friendship and a mouse's definition would be grossly different. IFFFF aliens exist, possibly somehow evolution or intellect does superseed this, but before shaking hands or ...claws... i'd keep this instinctual fear in the back of my mind first.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

put it this way i would rather make friends with your avatar than mine. I think we would share more in common. Just like insects and humans i believe we could cohabit the same planet and possibly work together in a mutally beneficial relationship however the topic is "friendship" I think a spider's definition of friendship and a mouse's definition would be grossly different. IFFFF aliens exist, possibly somehow evolution or intellect does superseed this, but before shaking hands or ...claws... i'd keep this instinctual fear in the back of my mind first.

your not alone. but if its just some 3 foot tall entity with bluish skin and yellow eyes im not going to put my fists up like he is going to rape me lol. even a grey i really wouldnt be concerned about dude. infact id probably be more scared of most humans than a little alien that looks like yoda ;d

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join