It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA Leaker You've Never Heard Of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The CIA Leaker You've Never Heard Of

Source Link: www.msnbc.msn.com

Asked by one of Libby's lawyers if he had talked about Plame with anybody else before outing her in his column, Novak said he'd discussed her with a lobbyist named Richard Hohlt. Who, the lawyer pressed, is Hohlt? "He's a very good source of mine" whom I talk to "every day," Novak replied. Indeed, Hohlt is such a good source that after Novak finished his column naming Plame, he testified, he did something most journalists rarely do: he gave the lobbyist an advance copy of his column. What Novak didn't tell the jury is what the lobbyist then did with it: Hohlt confirmed to NEWSWEEK that he faxed the forthcoming column to their mutual friend Karl Rove (one of Novak's sources for the Plame leak), thereby giving the White House a heads up on the bombshell to come.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rawstory.com

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Intruiging, I've allways felt that Novack got a free pass on this whole mess, if not in legal matters, at least in the public eye. Afterall, this is a conservative writer, outing a CIA agent, during the War on Terror. If he'd been a liberal, people'd be calling for him to be shot. Maybe he should be shot.

ANd now we see that in addition to leaking secret national security information to other reporters, he's leaking it to private citizens nearly willy nilly. The guy should at least be thrown in jail.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
Hohlt confirmed to NEWSWEEK that he faxed the forthcoming column to their mutual friend Karl Rove (one of Novak's sources for the Plame leak), thereby giving the White House a heads up on the bombshell to come.

Interesting. SO because of information from Novack, we now have a guy who is basically 'showing' that the white house wasn't invovled in the leak, that they had to find out from him??

And we are expected to beleive this?

And this Hohlt guy can't even be sent to jail no? Because Novack broke the law by leaking secret information, but all he did was hear it and report it to the white house.
I wonder though, is it illegal to send classified information, without noting itse classified, over the telephone lines to a fax machine?

And where is this supposed fax? Many machines will keep a record inside them for a while, but I suppose this was all too long ago to actually check that.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Follow the money: Richard Hohlt Contribution List in 2006

Makes me wonder too, why Novak slipped the GOP power broker the column before he published it and it has just now been revealed.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Novak isn't an employee of the United States and doesn't have a security clearance. Unlike some other countries, the United States has no "state secrets" law that outlaws people disseminating classified information unless they are the original leaker who had classified access to the material. So why do you want him thrown in jail? If everything said is true, he still hasn't broken any law.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Novak should be tried under conspiring to commit treason, but singing like a stool pigeon is probably what is keeping him out of the prison cell.

L'AFFAIRE PLAME: It's about more than 'outing' a CIA officer. It's about treason.

new topics

top topics

join