It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Soothsayers - Year of the Pig

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Chinese Soothsayers – Year of the Pig

The Year of the Pig = conflict and unrest, natural disasters and a plunge in global stock markets.

Some of the key phrases used in the article - regional warfare, uprising and unrest, or the overthrow of governments in certain, fire disasters and huge explosions, more gun battles, murder with guns, bombing attacks, serious conflict in the Middle East this coming year, and Religious wars will turn intense.

The Chinese calendar moves in 60-year cycles, meaning the world will experience in the new year events similar to those that took place in 1947. Many more predictions at the site –

Chinese Soothsayers – Year of the Pig

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I thought this was supposed to be the year of the rat?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As far as I understand the cycle, the rat will be next year. However, I'm not sure.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
2007 is the year of the PIG.
www.chinapage.com...

The soothsayers say that the year will be good for America. I hope they are right.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I found another article on the feng shui masters here:

Fortune: Year Of Pig Will Bring Disaster
(AP) - Sunday marks the start of the Chinese New Year and it's a lucky one for those starting out in life. But the rest of us are in for a rough ride. Expect epidemics, disasters and violence in much of the world.
"The Year of the Pig will not be very peaceful," said Hong Kong feng shui master Raymond Lo.

I was especially amused at this line:

Ronald Reagan was a pig. So are Arnold Schwarzenegger, Woody Allen and Elton John. Not to mention Hillary Rodham Clinton.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Gee, someone is predicting trouble in the Middle East?

That's a stretch...

I struggle with any prediction that is so broad based. There is almost no chance that it will be wrong.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by RCarter]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I wonder, is that a domesticated Pig or a natural Boar ?
i would think there's a difference.

just like there's different emphasis with similar Year-of-Pig reports by www.Yahoo.com & by www.breitbart.com over the past two days.

if anyone follows the 'rest of the story' kinda thing,
you'll see that there is a woo-woo element found in the article;

When its reported that the Chinese Lunar calendar cycle ends with Pig,
& restarts with Rat, Ox,Tiger,Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog (that's all 12 parts of the cycle)

here's the woo-woo !

2007=pig
2008=rat
2009=ox
2010=tiger
2011=rabbit
2012=Dragon
etcetera with the animals listed above

see how 2012, the Maya calendar date, and the Biblical rise of the Beast @ the end time all happen coincidentally??

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I found another article on the feng shui masters here:

There does seem to be a lot of things stated the exact opposite from what the article has. Perhaps Chinese soothsayers are the same as any other alleged 'psychic' .... (sylvia brown, etc) .... fake.

RE: the middle east. There is the 'duh!' factor, isn't there??

Originally posted by St Udio
see how 2012, the Maya calendar date, and the Biblical rise of the Beast @ the end time all happen coincidentally??

That IS interesting!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

And Lee predicts the birth of someone of national importance to China.

He said this person will be born on June 30 between 5.00-6.59 am Hong Kong time (21.00-22.59 GMT) somewhere in the east or south of the country.

"This date of birth is very rare. It only happens once every 60 years. It is very difficult to see such a good fate," he said...

...this child would be a prodigy, very intelligent and talented. This person would have the quality to become China's leader or a prime minister," he added.

Wow...considering this kid will only be five when 2012 comes it seems unlikely he will have much influence by then.

Maybe he's gonna be one of the people who sorts stuff out in the aftermath. That assuming that there will be an aftermath.

Or maybe this Lee Sing-tong is evil and this kid will be a demon that grows up real quickly and takes China(one of the strongest countries in the world by 2012) by force and leads them into the final battle or something...forces of evil...something...

...so Kim Jong-il will weaken eh? Sometime in June-July eh? Sounds plausible.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
All of those things happen every year. There are disasters, manmade and natural, every year, and the stockmarket is allways dropping and rising.

This person would have the quality to become China's leader or a prime minister," he added.

You don't get to be leader of china because you are talented, only Communist Party Bosses become leader, China is a communicst party dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
All of those things happen every year.

They are very generalized, aren't they? Like the horoscopes we all read in the news papers. They aren't really 'predictions'. They are more like ... DUH!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
All of those things happen every year. There are disasters, manmade and natural, every year, and the stockmarket is allways dropping and rising.

This person would have the quality to become China's leader or a prime minister," he added.

You don't get to be leader of china because you are talented, only Communist Party Bosses become leader, China is a communicst party dictatorship.

But who can say Communism will be alive and kicking in China in 40 or 50 years time?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Not just the Boar....but the Fire Boar.

Kind of makes me think Pelee is the Goddess d'jour. Especially since we had a 6 something EQ in Hilo Hawaii during the summer ( i think it was )

You know...a boar on a spit, turning slowly over a fire on a South Pacific beach...an apple in its mouth.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i think the year of the pig is kicking in guys. the stock market was down about 450. and thats just the start of it, i think that it might crash or something will happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This year has been really bad so far!! The weather has gone crazy, the stock market crash, the supposed bones of Jesus being found, Dick Cheney's 'assasination attempt'. And this is just in about a one-week period. Things are unfolding *very fast!

top topics

join