It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says 'profits trump peace'.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Bravo11's questions are perfectly valid. In context or out, the true face of the Shrub is showing with those three simple words: money trumps peace.

If you know anything about religions you know that there is a god called Mammon. That's who they worship. The golden calf.

He said it very simply that the God who loves Peace is trumped by the evil of the moneymakers. The evil is evidenced by the death and destruction they have wrought. It's what their industries are geared to, and it's all being paid for by the taxpayers in their own blind madness.

Condoning this makes us complicit in their greed and crimes. I have no desire to be a part of that, yet as a citizen I must recognize it when it's being flaunted right under my very nose.

Where DID those planeloads of $100 go? When does it start sinking in that OUR money is paying for the killing. And yes, I'm sure some of it was funneled away to pay for weapons used to kill our own too.

Can anyone define a truer sense of Bloodmoney?

[edit on 15-2-2007 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wow. This thread should be archived as a prime example of how easy it is to pull bits and pieces out of sentences and use them against someone or to support your own agenda. And I am not joking either. This thread shows the psychology of politics better than anything.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy1880
Before the American citizens should allow GW Bush to paint the EU as a hinderence of world peace and an obstacle to the USA’s world plans of liberty and freedom for all! Lets have a look at trade figures.

EU:

Exports:
$1.33 trillion

Main export partners:
US 23.3%, Switzerland 7.6%, Russia 5.2%, China 4.8%

Imports:
$1.466 trillion

Main import partners:
US 13.8%, China 13.4%, Russia 8.2%, Japan 6.2%

Trade deficit = $136 Billion

USA:

Exports:
$1.024 trillion

Main export partners:
Canada 23.4%, Mexico 13.3%, Japan 6.1%, China 4.6%, UK 4.3%

Imports:
$1.869 Trillion

Main Import partners:
Canada 16.9%, China 15%, Mexico 10%, Japan 8.2%, Germany 5%

Trade Deficit = $845 Billion (That's VERY VERY bad)

Iran:

Exports:
$63.18 Billion

Main export partners:
Japan 16.9%, China 11.2%, Italy 5.9%, South Korea 5.8%, Turkey 5.7%, Netherlands 4.6%, France 4.4%, South Africa 4.1%, Taiwan 4.1%

Imports:
$45.48 billion

Main Import partners:
Germany 13.9%, UAE 8.4%, China 8.3%, Italy 7.1%, France 6.3%, South Korea 5.4%, Russia 4.9%

EU total imports to Iran = 27.3% of Total = $12.42 Billion or 1.65% Of EU total imports
EU total export to Iran = 14.9% of Total = $9.41 Billion or 1.36% of total EU exports

EU exports to Iran are mostly transport equipment, machinery and chemical-related products.

Iran's main EU export is pistachio nuts.

My God GW Bush makes me laugh, “Your with us or against us” mentality is pathetic. World stability will not happen if Europe cuts it’s ties with Iran! I can imagine Bushy putting Europe on his “AXIS OF EVIL” list soon, that’s if he finds it on the map!!!

Jimmy fades back way back he shoots.....he.."Scores"!!!! Nothing but net!!!
with that shot he just put the conservative right wing war mongers outta the game and on the road to a home loss in the war on profits. Nice figure game plan...Sometimes you just gotta use their own propaganda against them.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I cant believe that the leader of the free world would make such an ignorant statement. Of course he thinks that profit trumps peace.. that is the only reason that we have invaded the middle east, so he could gain more profit, and slit the throat of world peace.

This guy is a total crook.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
money trumps peace, that is perhaps one of the most truthful things that Bush may have spoken in his entire presidential years . . .

In the pursue of profits, wars are created and human lives are insignificant and expendable for the profiteers.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
Jimmy fades back way back he shoots.....he.."Scores"!!!! Nothing but net!!!
with that shot he just put the conservative right wing war mongers outta the game and on the road to a home loss in the war on profits. Nice figure game plan...Sometimes you just gotta use their own propaganda against them.

You American Guys, my god it's like your all creative writers. I love the grasp of language and the effective way you use visualisation in your texts. One af the best things that have come out of an advertisment saturated nation

Sorry but the way tsloan wrote that has made me blush, I saw myself in some disney movie where right at the end everythings in slomo and I shoot a 3 pointa from 2 miles away and save the day

My god is it THAT late

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
ha ha, I love Bush bashers, they always givew me a good laugh.

I don't understand why people think that with the snap of his fingers, Cheney can make Haliburton do cartwheels?!?! Yeah he was CEO, so what?? What is it that people think that haliburton is doing thats' so bad?? All I keep hearing is that it's all about Cheney and Haliburton... how's that?? He's no longer the CEO and he did't leave on the best of terms. Besides, does anyone even know what Haliburton does?? Research, repair, maintanence, and construction of oil fields and refineries. The reason Haliburton was given the job, was not because Cheney was the FORMER CEO, but it's because Haliburton is the only oil company in the world that has the resourses at it's desposal to take on the task of rebuilding and repairing the mid-east oil fields. They have nothing to do with shipping, drilling and transportation of oil, that's not what they do. Sure "Haliburton" is the battle cry of the Liberals, but it has ABSOLUTELY no meaning, not even the zombies that shout it in lockstep know why they're saying it... it would be like me saying "People are getting fat at McDonalds because of the poopieloopies". the people that believe that people are getting fat BECAUSE of McDonalds would shout "poopieloopies" too, because they think it means something... but it doesn't. So the next time you catch yourself saying..."it's all about Haliburton"... "Cheneys pulling the strings"... "It's all about the oil", step back and think to yourself..."wait a minute, WHY am I saying this? Do I actually understand WHY I'm saying this?? Is it because I know what I'm talking about, or is it because that is what I'm told to say??"

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hey Menjo. here's a short list for you to chuckle over too:

- So-called Iraqi WMDs

- "Immediate" threats

- Yellow-cake uranium

- Aluminum tubes

- Mobile biological weapons labs

- Ties to Al Qaeda

- A 9/11 connection

- The Valerie Plame/CIA leak case

- Secret overseas prisons

- Torture

- Warrantless wiretaps of United States citizens

- Phony Al Qaeda plots

- False claims that the America is safer now from terrorism than before 9/11

- Concealing the real cost of Gulf War 2

- Understating Iraqi civilian casualties

- Embellishing U.S. successes in Iraq and Afghanistan.

- Misrepresenting the only wartime tax cut in American history

- Economically betraying senior citizens, the middle class and working poor

- Downplaying global warming

source

So what parts of any of the above don't you understand? And how do they relate to profits and the corporacracy's bottom line? Shrub's god.

How do you answer the question: Can the world survive on a non-war economy? And if so, why aren't we?

Why war?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The war was conducted because the United States needed to start battling terrorists somewhere and Saddam gave all the best excuses to start with him. He violated the Gulf War cease-fire multiple times, he violated 17 UN resolutions, he had evidence of WMDs, it was believed he had ties to terrorists, plus he was a torturer and mass-murderer.

BTW, Bush doesn't conduct any warrantless wiretaps on American citizens. That was something that the New York Times made up and that the media blew way out of proportion. The program is a domestic surveillance program that intercepts international calls coming in and out of the United States. You don't need a warrant for that.

And yes, America has been safer since 9/11. Bush's surveillance program and the Patriot Act, along with working with allies has prevented the following since 9/11:

1. The West Coast Airliner Plot: In mid-2002 the U.S. disrupted a plot to attack targets on the West Coast of the United States using hijacked airplanes. The plotters included at least one major operational planner involved in planning the events of 9/11.

2. The East Coast Airliner Plot: In mid-2003 the U.S. and a partner disrupted a plot to attack targets on the East Coast of the United States using hijacked commercial airplanes.

3. The Jose Padilla Plot: In May 2002 the U.S. disrupted a plot that involved blowing up apartment buildings in the United States. One of the plotters, Jose Padilla, also discussed the possibility of using a “dirty bomb” in the U.S.

www.cnn.com...

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Oh please, like what bush said isnt true? As I recall, the only reason France and Germany did not back the war was because Iraq owed them money for weapons!!!!! Remember when the reactor in Iraq was bombed by the israelis? guess who built that damn reactor? the french. If europe would spend less time peddling arms on the black market and more time trying to secure peace in the world, there would of never been a reason to invade Iraq. Saddam would have never posessed anything!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ok, first we want all their oil. Then to deprive them of an even cheaper and effective power source--nuclear reactors (that do have their plus and minuses).

But I ask you, how much MORE selfish and greedy do Americans need to be?

Since when is policing the world our business? [pun intended]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Ok, first we want all their oil. Then to deprive them of an even cheaper and effective power source--nuclear reactors (that do have their plus and minuses).

But I ask you, how much MORE selfish and greedy do Americans need to be?

Since when is policing the world our business? [pun intended]

Since our country was attacked on 9/11, would be a pretty good start for why some policing needs to be done. Iraq was the place the lightning rod was put down, and we've been fighting them there instead of here, which is the far preferrable location of the 2. Of course had certain folks been more proactive in their policies, we wouldn't have had 9/11 in the first place.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
You're not American are you??

Please, we have more oil buried under US soil than all of the Mid-East combined.

Why would we need oil when we are slowly getting out of it??

Why would they want Nuclear power when they have SOOOO much oil they can use. Besides, oil and gas generators can't be used to incinerate a city. Please tel me... you would actaully trust Iran with weapons grad uranium and plutonium??

Actually, the US is the MOST generous country in the world, we give, and we give, and we give, we ask for nothing in return, but what do we get?? every other country in the would wanting to take a big brown plop on our face.

It's never been our policy to police the world, but as much as the world denies it, they always ask us to. Who do you think countries come to first when they have a problem?? Not Germany... not Russia... not France... not N. Korea... and not the UN... that's right, they come to the US for help, then they turn around and blame us for getting involved. We just can't win =[

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
LOL--Notice how all of these morons never mention the architects of the war(Neo-Cons) they immediately attack Bush, while the true criminals(Neo-Cons) hide in their caves. These people never seem to criticize Israeli President, Olmert. Obviously, these people have a different agenda.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Neoconservatives aren't so bad. It's not just them, either, military action was approved by Congress before Bush did anything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join