It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people in occults give hints?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Why do people that worship satan give hints instead of keeping it secret?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Ive pondered that too..

my only current guess is that it's because all those in power actually like us all, and know that if we didn't have a narrative world ala robin hood, we'd all be sad.

so they're playing this game, cuz they know that ever since the birth of story telling, we've all loved living the fairytale live lol.

if not. I got nooooo clue

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pak88

Maybe they borrow symbols and traditions from well-meaning organizations and drop them as hints to cast a dark shadow on the good guys and keep them selves hidden. Is it so hard to believe that evil folks would want to make others look evil and keep themselves hidden? The high point of each evil doer's day is to do evil deeds and make sure the good guy gets blamed. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Maybe they give hints because therein lies valuable truth that leads one to a path of destruction if one's heart isn't right.

Or leads one on a path to the greatest personal empowerment one could hope for in this incarnation.

All you ever wanted, or did you..........

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Sick Satanic "Humour".

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

You do not know what occult means do you? It means hidden, it is hidden because of all those good christians were burning people at the stake that were dufferent and maybe a threat to there power of others.

Satan is an invention of the Catholic church, the ultimate boogyman. It has nothing to do with the occult.

Edit to add: You show your total ignorance to what the occult is by using a plural. No such thing as occults.

Now if you meant a cult and there are many cults well that is a totally different concept. Christianity was a cult before they killed most of the Pagans.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

Cug

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Well I'm an occultist, and I don't give out "hints".

Most times I'm pretty open with it

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Maybe because its a secret and the people they're sending hints to aren't in the club; an example I can think of is the Mormon people.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
First of all, I don't know anyone involved in/interested in the Occult that worships Satan, in my opinion, Satan as a malevolent entity is Propaganda that was invented to keep the populace fearful and in line with the Church and Monarchies at the helm.

Second, it's not really kept hidden at all, if one cares to look. I guarantee if you came around to my apartment, and took one look at my bookcase, you'd know exactly where my interests lie, however, I don't see a need to go around shoving it in peoples faces, or trying to convert them to my way of thinking. This in no way means that all my interests are Occultic in nature, you would also find books on Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, and philosopy in general, as well as a score of texts on World Mythologies.

Because of the general "bad rap" the term Occult has due to various fundamentalist groups, it's probably wiser not to let everyone know about certain interests, otherwise one might end up being harrassed by said fundamentalists.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by DrBones666]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Occultism = Satanism?

Really?

Gnostic Glossary - Occult

Howbeit we (Gnostics) speak (Kabbalistic) wisdom among them that are (spiritually) perfect: yet (the wisdom of the mysterious Sephirah Daath that is) not the (materialistic) wisdom of this world, nor of the (intellectual) princes of this world (of Kali Yuga), that come to nought:

But we speak the (Kabbalistic) wisdom of God in (the) mystery (of the Sephirah Daath), even the occult wisdom, which God ordained before (the creation of) the world unto our glory: Which none of the (intellectual) princes of this age (of Kali Yuga) knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified (with their filthy fornication) the Lord of (Hod) glory.

But as it is written, (the intellectual) Eye hath not seen, nor (the intellectual) ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of (a fornicator) man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him (by means of the transmutation of their sexual waters into the wine of spirituality).

But God hath revealed them unto us by his (Holy) Spirit: (that rises throughout the channel of Sushumna of our spinal medulla) for the (Spiritual Atom of the Holy) Spirit (in the Pineal Gland) searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.

For what man knows the things of a man, save the (energy of the Holy) Spirit of man which is in (the sexual organs of) him? Even so the things of God know no man, but the (Holy) Spirit of God.

Now we (are not fanatical believers who babble incoherent words or Mediums or Chanellers of Spiritualism, because we) have received not the spirit of the world of (Klipoth), but the (Holy) Spirit which is of God (in the Stone of Jacob, the Stone of Yesod); that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak (in the language of scientific chastity or Alchemy), not in the words which (the intellectual animal mistakenly called) man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches; comparing spiritual things with (authentic) spiritual (matters).

But the natural man (who performs the sexual act as an animal) receives not the things of the (Holy) Spirit of God (because he is a fornicator due to the sexual orgasm): for they are foolishness unto him (because he has his brain and his pineal gland atrophied due to fornication): neither can he know them (the mysteries of God), because they are spiritually discerned (with a Solar Christified Mind).

But he that is spiritual (is spiritual because he created a spiritual body through scientific chastity and thus he) judged all things (with his superlative intuition), yet he himself is judged of no (fornicator) man.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ (the Solar Mind). - 1 Corinthians 2: 6 -16

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Tamahu]

Cug

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
Second, it's not really kept hidden at all, if one cares to look. I guarantee if you came around to my apartment, and took one look at my bookcase, you'd know exactly where my interests lie,

:snip:

This in no way means that all my interests are Occultic in nature, you would also find books on Judaism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, and philosopy in general, as well as a score of texts on World Mythologies.

A tip for you occult spotters.. The biggest hint we give out is not the hook em horns sign. it's our bookshelves. I think it's the only common denominator of the plethora of diffrent types of occultism.

Because of the general "bad rap" the term Occult has due to various fundamentalist groups, it's probably wiser not to let everyone know about certain interests, otherwise one might end up being harrassed by said fundamentalists.

Ditto.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

A tip for you occult spotters.. The biggest hint we give out is not the hook em horns sign. it's our bookshelves. I think it's the only common denominator of the plethora of diffrent types of occultism.

Indeed. Some students are even active believing Christians, who describe themselves as "straight, but not narrow." They apply the motto "no book but the Bible" to their faith, not their coffee tables.

Ditto.

What comes after ditto? Tritto?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I know some who practice alternative faiths. Some of them, but by no means all of them, are attention whores who drop hint after hint until you are forced to inquire about WHY they have a hard time getting melted black candle wax out of their pants or ask about the new tattoo/book/bumpersticker etc. Some people like to be the center of attention.

I also know many many more who keep it to themselves.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The occult has been around since time began and will be around when time ends. My bookshelf is brimming with books that would have gotten me burned a few hundred years ago. Infact it probarly did! lol

People need to wake up to the fact that even the Bible is full of the occult. El Moses parting the Red Sea??? (Emmmm anyone think that Mose's is actually short for Ra'mose's??(Dodgy spelling), High Egyptian Priest? But thats another topic). Jesus turning water into wine etc. To me these are all works of a powerful druid/sage.

And if certain publications are to be believed, Jesus is meant to be the grandson of one of the most powerful Magican's ever to grace this planet, who incidently features quite a bit in the Bible.

Ooooo the joys to have a time machine, just to find out the real truth............

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The "occults" set aside and your obvious lack of knowledge on the subject. (Occult and Satanic are not the same thing!) I consider myself a Gnostic Christian but I thoroughly enjoy studying occult works.

That being said, maybe the reason that stuff of legend in the Occult realm is kept secret is because it is simply to dangerous for your average laymen to meddle with. Think Greater and Lesser Key of Solomon, Goetia, some of Crowley's original work (Thelema to a lesser extent.) I have read many of these works but I would never even contemplate invoking the powers behind them. I am not sure if I believe in all of them ver batim, but I have read enough stories of the consequences in meddling with these. Here there be monsters...

I wouldn't want your average every day rebellious teenager picking up one of these works and thinking he is able to control what he is playing with. I admit that with VERY serious occult study and practice, those forces are capable of being controlled, for a time. I do not think anyone escapes complete unscathed when dealing with that realm.

Now considering the inherent powers of the grimoires that I previously mentioned, I have no problem not being privy to the ones I do not know because I know there will always be someone else stupid enough to think they can play with it without the proper study and preparation.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Human nature. If you believe that you are in possesion of a secret you are dying to tell someone that you have a secret you believe to be of great importance without actually giving the secret away. So you give hints. Those who truly know, never speak, it shoulkd be assumed

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So you're classifying all occultists as "satanists," eh? Wow...

[edit on 12-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666

Thus the Alchemical physical "furnaces" and "beakers", etc., so that the Roman Church wouldn't burn Alchemists at the stake for practicing Kundalini Yoga and Tantra.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Edit

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
The biggest hint we give out is not the hook em horns sign. it's our bookshelves.

LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join