It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the greatest Super Hero of all time?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Haha! Couldn't have said it better.

BUT, I still dont think who can beat up who makes the real difference here. 'Shazam' (I like that usage) is the TRUE All American Boy Scout.

Shazam by the way is the old DC comics name because of the lawsuit that SR mentioned. Or actually because of Fawcetts legal rights after their sale (enemy takeover)... DC never got the rights to call the comic Capt. Marvel, even though they got the character.

Shazam is both the name of the wizard that granted Capt. Marvel his power and an anagram for that power:

S - Solomon's wisdom
H - Hercules' strength
A - Atlas' stamina
Z - Zues' power
A - Achilles' courage
M - Mercury's speed

But, come on DC characters are to 2 dimensional to be the "greatest ever" you have to look more towards the Marvel universe for that if you ask me...

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
the best suber hero is THE SILVER SURFER, i like him more than any other hero, to bad he is evil in the next fantastif four movie

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
1. Wolverine- Come on who wouldn't really die to have Wolverines mutant power, and adamantium covering all their bones?
2. Superman
3. Batman
4. Spawn

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Superman, Superman, Superman!!!!

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG

Superman would frown on spaming a forum like this...

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The greatest superhero of all time gotta be spawn, it was the one character that gave marvel a hard time when image comics formed back in the early 90's.He could make his outfit transform into anything he wants and has no limites to the use of his powers,there are a few heroes who can live as long as spawn can.He has to live with the suffering of not seeing his wife and kid ,he had no alternative but to to make an agreement with the devil for a second chance at life for his family and vegence. He seems to be the more realistic character of them all ,the rest are just tight wearing mutants /heroes with nonething else better to do than just beating villians senseless till another one shows up.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
spidey & goku!!!

Grown up with both, one in the English, one in the Chinese. Just absolutely great stories, arts and great powers!

[edit on 7-7-2007 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well...he's a merc, but he DID become serious to be considered a superhero. The one, the only, The Merc with the Mouth...DEADPOOL!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
here are my heros

venom and deadpool rule, spawn is awesome too.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by miguelbmx]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

I love those characters as well amigo, but I still have to go with Spawn, the mian reason bein' that Todd Mcfarlane created the guy. In 2nd place would have to be Venom , for the same reason of Mcfarlane co-creatin' him, and I almost forgot that green ooze drippin' mouth.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
sorry folks i hate to break it to you but the end all be all of superheroes would be

BATMAN

he kicks a** he takes names and comes back and kicks them again. yes he dosent have optic beams or super strength or any of the many many powers but he will still conquer you with his mind.

he's fought against Spawn, Superman, Wonder Woman, many many villians, some Marvel superheroes and villians as well.

so ya.....BATMAN is the Superhero

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
spoonman,i'm together with your plans

www.worth1000.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Batman although technically he is not a super hero as he has no super powers,only super wealth

he has and endless supply of gadets and money and always gets a hot chick plus his human

Batman V Superman .........kryptonite

Batman v Spiderman.........Bug spray 2007 Pat-No-298477565

or just tell him his aunty is calling him and he needs to go home for his dinner.

He lives with aunty what knida super hero is that

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
Batman although technically he is not a super hero as he has no super powers,only super wealth

he has and endless supply of gadets and money and always gets a hot chick plus his human

Batman V Superman .........kryptonite

Batman v Spiderman.........Bug spray 2007 Pat-No-298477565

or just tell him his aunty is calling him and he needs to go home for his dinner.

These days people would not care that much for their familes and it's nice that he looks after the elderly if he has too like many carers in this world who do.

I agree the two should seperate and they should let her die like an old lady would instead of bringing her back and make spiderman become a man.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Although Superman has the History on his side he also has the cheesiest History for a comic character in the Golden and silver age. Untill things changed for him.

I think Galactus is up there in a big way as both DC and Marvel universes are afraid of him.

Spiderman is cool and modern still,

Superman Iconic but still old skool.

Batman, not a super hero but many like him but don't see the fuss.

The Hulk is like a someone we would like to be when angry.

The silversurfer, looks cool and we would like to beat Superman up with his powers, but unlike my Avatar the comic never even crossed paths in a fight. Which is so Biast by DC and his dad Galactus never beat up the bully Superman.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

I've always had a problem with Batman and here's why. Bruce Wayne, as we all know, is the owner of Wayne Enterprises. Wayne Enterprises is the primary corporation working out of Gotham City and has it's fingers in shipping, produce, entertainment and real estate. They even own a local sports team. Wayne Enterprises relies on Gotham City's safety and security for it's own financial benefit. Most crime in Gotham is committed against Wayne either directly or indirectly. He's protecting his own interest.

Not only that, but he's created nearly every one of the enemies that he fights. Some coming from a practically peaceful and healthy backgrounds, then turned completely insane by whatever twisted event Batman, or Wayne Enterprises had planned for them.

Batman's a jerk.

Can't wait for Batman Begins though. It's gonna be SWEEEEET!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join