It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the greatest Super Hero of all time?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I choose Doc Savage, Man of Bronze because he was just a human being and not a mutated freak.

Go Humans!

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Gambit does rock...I'm still
that he wasn't in any of the X-Men movies. I remember talking to a friend after the first one sure that he would at least show up for two, then three. :bnghd:

That guy from Lost would make a great Gambit. I say that at least once a week, btw.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

Kill planets. He's super neutral

If it was for the greater good, yes.
And just because he’s super natural does not mean he’s not a hero. By your reasoning ragman would not be a hero… OK maybe not the best example but you catch my drift.

Actually that guy is a cosmic entity, not a super hero. Hercules was a demigod in mythology, Zues was a god; superheroes are like the demi gods now, and this guy would be more akin to the gods. Superheroes might interact with him (it?), but that doesn't make him one of them... Superheroes make the choice to be heroes, the Living Tribunal was always and will always be the Living Tribunal.

SR

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

Kill planets. He's super neutral

If it was for the greater good, yes.
And just because he’s super natural does not mean he’s not a hero. By your reasoning ragman would not be a hero… OK maybe not the best example but you catch my drift.

Actually that guy is a cosmic entity, not a super hero. Hercules was a demigod in mythology, Zues was a god; superheroes are like the demi gods now, and this guy would be more akin to the gods. Superheroes might interact with him (it?), but that doesn't make him one of them... Superheroes make the choice to be heroes, the Living Tribunal was always and will always be the Living Tribunal.

Yup like no matter how many different realities and multiverses there are in Marvel there is only one Living Tribunal and he's usually the head cosmic honcho that get the other 'aspects' and cosmic mover and shakers together when big cosmic events go down and pass universal judgements.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
whargoul- Sawyer could work with a change to crazy red hair, and become Gambit. I wonder if they will ever make another one after they messed up the ending of the last one?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Probably showing my age a bit here but i was a huge Green Lantern fan, Silver Surfer and the Flash were pretty cool too.
Of the newer comic heroes i like Trencher.

What about cartoon superheroes, who remembers Space Ghost.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The latest Green Lantern, think his name is kyle or something like that.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
How about Condorman- the notouriously pants film from the eighties .Hes so crap hes great!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
The latest Green Lantern, think his name is kyle or something like that.

So you think the greatest superhero is the one whos name you dont know? Heh.

The current GL is Hal Jordan again... Kyle Rayner is still a GL but he is not the "star" GL anymore (kind of). He's also a coward...

I notice that this thread kind of divereged into the lame who can beat who scenarios... Is that what defines "the Greatest Super Hero of all time"?

Kyle Rayner is a good example of how wrong toughness is as a test of "greatness"... His ultimate weakness (fear) is what enabled him to save the universe!

Now I wouldn't say he's the greatest, but saving te universe goes a long way to propel him on that scale. Although, there are literally hundreds of other superheroes that have saved the universe, and many of them have done it multiple times.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
karl 12- I loved watching Condor Man. My dad actually showed me tapes when I was a kid.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ovbiously the Hulk is the Ulitmate Super Hero.
He is the man, the big green man.
He cannot be beat.

Maybe Superman or Abomination or the dude that killed Superman, Doomsday would give him a good fight.

I think that the Hulk and Superman together would be unstoppable.

For another pick I of course choose Tarzan
Known by more people word wide, more movies, more comics than any other super hero

[edit on 22-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Batman, This guy is kicks major tail!!! He doesn't need any super powers, or anything like that!!! He's just a regular guy with some sweet weapons, that will mess up anybody that gets in his way!!!! Plus, he is such a cool guy out of the suit, way cooler than that geeky Clark Kent

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
Ovbiously the Hulk is the Ulitmate Super Hero.
He is the man, the big green man.
He cannot be beat.

Absolutely! I'd vote you "way above" if that were still around.

Originally posted by junglelord
For another pick I of course choose Tarzan
Known by more people word wide, more movies, more comics than any other super hero

Not so true. Maybe one of the most known fictional characters in the world, but comic book-wise even Conan has more ink on paper... That would be another good thread "who would win in a fight between Conan and Tarzan" but lets leave that to a new thread.

Originally posted by Vinadetta
Batman, This guy is kicks major tail!!! He doesn't need any super powers, or anything like that!!! He's just a regular guy with some sweet weapons, that will mess up anybody that gets in his way!!!! Plus, he is such a cool guy out of the suit, way cooler than that geeky Clark Kent

Uh... You were supposed to say: "V"...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My vote goes to Reed Richards.
Smarter than batman(he is an ultra genius and inventor)
Brought Galactus to his knees multiple times
Has had more universe altering events that he has delt with AND solved
He rarely uses his power, because he is that darn smart
And finally, the rest of the FF are always around him at his disposal.

The green Lantern is also overly powerful being limited only by his force of will. Infact, any green lantern(there are hundreds) can create entire worlds and universes by thought alone(read "Green Lantern WillWorld").

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The title of this thread is,"Who is the greatest Super Hero of all time?" and not who has the best personality of all time or who is the strongeet of all time and it's all speculation anyways. So my opinion is that SUPERMAN is the greatest super hero of all time. In any given moment at any given time Superman did his best to protect all the citizens of Earth even if it meant his desctruction and he did IN FACT die once protecting the human race from the likes of Doomsday. On top of that he's the most trustworthy of any hero that ever was.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
On top of that he's the most trustworthy of any hero that ever was.

Trustworthy??? If you read the Batman arch "Hush", then you would disagree (Hush is fantastic by the way).

------------------------------ Spoiler Alert ----------------------------------

In Hush, Superman back-stabs Batman and tries to kill him multiple times. Only after Batman kicks his ass with a power suit and kryptonite laced gloves does Superman return to reality. In Superman's defense, he was being controlled by Poison Ivy. But Batman has fought Poison Ivy a hundred times over and he's never fallen under her spell. Personally, I would trust Batman more than Superman because of Batman's tactical skills.

SR

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
On top of that he's the most trustworthy of any hero that ever was.

Trustworthy??? If you read the Batman arch "Hush", then you would disagree (Hush is fantastic by the way).

------------------------------ Spoiler Alert ----------------------------------

In Hush, Superman back-stabs Batman and tries to kill him multiple times. Only after Batman kicks his ass with a power suit and kryptonite laced gloves does Superman return to reality. In Superman's defense, he was being controlled by Poison Ivy. But Batman has fought Poison Ivy a hundred times over and he's never fallen under her spell. Personally, I would trust Batman more than Superman because of Batman's tactical skills.

In Supe's defence Batman is hardly a saint when it comes to trust:

Hush was mild compared to the Tower of Babel and Infinte Crisis storyline's the dude proved he was untrustworthy by making plans on how to defeat every hero then these plans get stolen and used on the heros with massive damage and consquences lol the JLA kicked him out because of it then old supe's begs him to come back and he does the exact same thing in Infinte Crisis he builds a giant satellite to keep watch of the hero's and what happens it get's stolen!!!! and once again used against all of the Hero's sure the Batman is the greatest tactician but he causes more trouble than some of the villains do sometimes.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If we are looking for the quality of the individual then Capt. Marvel is even more outstanding then Superman (that Shazam to you comic illiterate types).

Capt. Marvel is the All American boy that Superman wishes he could be!

On a side note, you can't judge a superheroes character on their actions while under someones control! And your basically admitting that fact right here:

In Superman's defense, he was being controlled by Poison Ivy.

Inconclusion: You can't call Superman a "backstabber".

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Okay okay. But, personally, I would still trust Batman over Superman. And by the way, Captain Marvel is just a rip off of Superman. Exact same character design except they changed the colors around and made him say Shazam. Besides, in the Superman/Batman comic, Cap. Marvel gets his ass handed to him by Superman, and Superman steals his identity, further proving that their designs are the same. Cap. Marvel is a rip-off.

SR

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Okay okay. But, personally, I would still trust Batman over Superman. And by the way, Captain Marvel is just a rip off of Superman. Exact same character design except they changed the colors around and made him say Shazam. Besides, in the Superman/Batman comic, Cap. Marvel gets his ass handed to him by Superman, and Superman steals his identity, further proving that their designs are the same. Cap. Marvel is a rip-off.

Dude Superman is older than Capt Marvel by a mere 8 months they where totally different concepts and still are today Captain Marvel was more popular than Superman at the start anway he outsold superman and had his own movie before superman:

www.moviepoopshoot.com...

The only reason that pre-conception of 'Shazam' being a rip off is cause DC filed a lawsuit against Fawcett comics claiming that 'Shazam' was too much like Superman and cried about it and help ruin the the already troubled company and then what did they do? Hmmmmmmm buy the company and character!! Why? To elimante the competition!! 'Shazam' had half the plot's that Supe's had months before they featured in Supes comic showing who the real copycat is anyway they did it all to ruin the competition to there big blue boyscout that's why Shazam has alway's played second fiddle to Supes in the DC universe when he can clearly beat him and has:

That Plot Induced Stupidity known as Superman/Batman ha Captain Marvel's are magic based which is supe's weakness. Try reading Kingdom Come Capt Marvel is punking is his ass till the lame copout of 'oh wait theres a nuke i'll stop it and kill myself in while doing so just so superman can live' even in the old cross over's Marvel has alway's had the advantage yet they magically put there differences aside

[edit on 30-5-2007 by SR]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join