It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel, On Now, 1:05am, Ancient transportation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So, when you guys find insects that actually look like these models, I will speak deeper with you about the insect theory.

likewise when you find incan aircraft that look like these models you might have something to speak about
til then..................

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
So, when you guys find insects that actually look like these models, I will speak deeper with you about the insect theory.

Not insect, but fish:

www3.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

look modern earings depicting strange delta winged aircraft

this is the original
and this

is a modern reproduction marketed as a flying fish pendant

This unique figure, an exact recreation molded from the original, has been the subject of heated controversy for 30 yrs. The original, made by artisans in the jungles of Columbia about 1600 yrs. ago, was beautifully crafted in gold alloy called tumbago and intended as a pendant. Archeologists believe the figure represents a stylized flying fish found 100 miles off the South American coast

[edit on 9-2-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There's some back at you.

Those aren't even the same objects. The link I posted has different objects.

Somehow you can get away with your condescending comments and nothing happens.

At least Byrd was tasteful and respecful in posting, even though our views are different. Byrd is professional, I respect that.

Anyway, the last show was pretty cool. It was talking about huge ancient boats. Not quite as exciting as ancient aircraft, but interesting nonetheless.

Troy

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
condescending is fine
lying through your teeth just makes you look like a bad loser
from your link

from my link

poor loser aren't you
but hey
if you want to carry on deluding yourself and idolising the work of Von Daniken then go ahead
you'll be disappointed to hear that his swiss amusement park went bust
apparently no one was gullible enough to buy into what he was shovelling anymore
except you of course

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Marduk,
the todays jewelries mean nothing.
For example, in Greece it is a modern fashion to buy jewelries bearing the style of Cycladian civilization, Mycenaen civilization or Minoan civilization.
A copy paste of them but in better condition, suitable for a woman who desires them...

Perhaps, the same should be happening here.

It's a fair way to show your civilization, on the altar of turism (and woman) of course...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Lying through my teeth? Loser? Who said I lost anything?

Show me the animals those objects represent, then we will talk further in-depth.

Anyway folks, tommorrow night 8-10pm, the 9pm show will be about "Mega Machines." The 8pm show will be last weeks show, "Superships." Starts again at 12am, runs to 2am.

Here is the Schedule for tomorrow and other days for "Mega Machines."

Tuesday, February 20
09:00 PM

Wednesday, February 21
01:00 AM

Saturday, February 24
04:00 PM

Tuesday, February 27
08:00 PM

Wednesday, February 28
12:00 AM

"Superships" rerun days and times

Tuesday, February 20
08:00 PM

Wednesday, February 21
12:00 AM

Saturday, February 24
02:00 PM

The schedule comes from www.history.com.

Troy

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The last show was pretty interesting. It covered topics like ancient saws. Yup, they found a rock that apparently had saw marks on it.

They covered some other cool machines. Well, just watch it when it comes on again.

Troy

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The ancient objects do not represent fish, nor have the correct angle and shape of the fish's wing. Comparing it with the modern reproduction piece means nothing, they are absolutely different in design and form. You can no more prove the ancient objects are of fish than you can prove they're of planes. I will add, that I recognize three viable aerofoils (wings).

Is it so hard to beleive wooden gliders may have been fashioned by the same ancients who constructed giant, internally complex pyramids?

The answer is no.

[edit on 2007/11/19 by SteveR]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I find reference to aeronautical knowledge in the post but I see most of it as flawed. A delta wing is not the same as a swept wing. A full delta does not have a horizontal stabilizer. A model toy does not have to be an exact working scale copy of the full size version nor does jewelry. An aircraft does not require a powerplant, but an airplane does. A few pieces of bamboo and some cloth and one could fly. Hold a sheet of plywood overhead on a windy day or a bedsheet and one can see that you don't need power to obtain lift. The Wright Brothers had a very poor design and on their first flights never got out of ground effect and needed a head wind for that. To think that something must look like a modern aircraft and have a turbine engine is just beyond belief.

KEN

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join