It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be A Loner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE FORUM A GROUP O PEOPLE HAVE MORE INFO AND IDEAS THAN ONE. I KNOW THE PICTURE OF THE SURVIVLIST IS THE LONE NUT ( I AM NOT ) WHO SITS AROUND FRETTING ( NO REALLEY I NOT) ABOUT THE END. BUT IF YOU DEVELOP A NETWORK OF FRIENDS/ RELITIVES YOU CAN AFFORD MORE AND BETTER STUFF. AND HAVING ALL YOUR STUFF IN ONE PLACE IS NOT THE BEST IDEA.( WELL MAYBE I AM BUT I AM WORKING ON IT.)

[edit on 1-24-2007 by worldwatcher]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If you've got a good group, sure.

My 'sit x nightmare' is being in a group of people who aren't (mentally) prepared for survival... And then my morals & ethics kick in, and I'm left to ponder if it'd be better off to leave them to their own ends, or to stay and try to teach/help them...

In the end, it depends on what level of sit x we're talking about.

Sometimes groups are better, sometimes loners are better.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
to tell you the truth if i was thrown in with a bunch of strangers i would (if possable) be long gone and try to get back to the group of people i know and trust not to include or exclude neighbors but my friends who are of a like mind and training experince.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I would keep to my family and close friends that way you can trust them to have your back and wont back stab you for food and what not.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I rather have a small l33t clique

although having a lot of "others" could come in handy, ya know human shield, food incase there nothing to eat, distractions.

indeedly.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
My group numbers around 50 which included the women and children.
Everyone has chipped in both the monies to buy our shelter and the supplies that we have put together.
As of today, we have enough supplies to keep us going for about three years before needing to come back above ground. At that time, we can start the farming and raising the livestock that are part of our supplies.
We are all ex-military and know the need for numbers in an extreme situation. One thing many people forget in planning a survival strategy is the human psychological need to interact with others. There are very few people out there who can keep their sanity for very long if they are not able to ineract with others.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

There are very few people out there who can keep their sanity for very long if they are not able to ineract with others.

Does it count if you talk to yourself?

(Yeah, half of me is being silly, the other half is seriously curious because I talk to myself constantly...)

Otherwise, your plan sounds solid Ken. Underground is an interesting tactic... hadn't seriously considered it...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
One thing many people forget in planning a survival strategy is the human psychological need to interact with others. There are very few people out there who can keep their sanity for very long if they are not able to ineract with others.

Quite correct here Kenshiro. The Year I spend stationed up at Keflavik, Iceland was a very intresting study of what happens to people removed from home, friends, and family...this type of support structure. Mind you now Keflavik, Iceland was not a isolated tour but it was definitely different from the citys and goodies which many of us take for granted as normal. To be removed from this type of enviornment is to many worse than death itself. Their mind and soul have huge difficultys being seperated from what so many of us take for granted in our daily lives. It was very intresting and unusual to watch some people, removed from their normal lifestyle and contacts, fall apart inchs a day until they became very weird and unpredictable.

Keflavik, Iceland was not considered a isolated tour. As much as many of us missed home and were wont to complain..the olde timers told us to shut up ...we could be in Greenland or way up on the Dew line in Canada/Alaska instead.

So many of us dont know when we have it made and think what we have daily is the normal thing for most of this world..it is not.

Thanks,
Orangetom.

new topics

top topics

join