It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus and Mary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by groingrinder
Jake, Jake,....Jake... you are obviously young and have a lot to learn about human nature. Women were written out of the gospels by the early church in order to consolidate power in the hands of men and make them subservient to men. I believe NOTHING that is written in the gospels.

My friend, I am truely sorry to hear that. I'm sorry to hear you would have such little faith in God that He would allow complete lies to be spread in his name, in his holy book...

God did not write the bible. It was written by ambitious men looking for power and dominion over their fellow humans. If God wants me to know the scriptures then HE\SHE will tell me so.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here is an intersting article. The face shown is not claimed to be THE face of Jesus, but an accurate example created from known inforamtion about the people in his time.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
1 Corinthians 14
35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Warning Against Unbelief

7So, as the Holy Spirit says:
"Today, if you hear his voice,
8do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the desert,
9where your fathers tested and tried me
and for forty years saw what I did.
10That is why I was angry with that generation,
and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray,
and they have not known my ways.'
11So I declared on oath in my anger,
'They shall never enter my rest.' "[1]
12See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 14We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. 15As has just been said:
"Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion."[2]
16Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? 18And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed[3] ? 19So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

I hate to preach...but...it seems like a lot of unbelievers are working their ways on this site lately. I will make my point....NOW!! Jesus remained celebate for one reason: Why would God want to pass down His genes to us? Answer...so we may have FAITH that he will come back and save our souls.

Original topic:
-------------------------------------------------
If Jesus and Mary were alive today, what would they look like, and what would they do?

Remember being in a traffic jam on the M25 in London a few years back and saying to my friend "I wonder what Jesus would make of this? What would he do?"

Would they be gentle souls, just trying to persuade people that there is a better way?

As Joni Mitchell said..."We have to get ourselves back to the garden"

---------------------------------------------

It doesn't matter what they looked like...does it?...that's a personal FAITH...eh? Of course Jesus would be gentle...time is not a factor for Him. A better way?...no...only throught Jesus you will know the way. And...who is Joni Mitchell...and how does that come into the Holy Scripture?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donner
Here is an intersting article. The face shown is not claimed to be THE face of Jesus, but an accurate example created from known inforamtion about the people in his time.

www.cnn.com...

That's interetsing. Where then do you think the whole idea of the long hair came from? (Sorry if the article states it, I'm in a hurry and running out, but just wanted to check two threads, this being one of them
)

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

History
Eusebius of Caesarea, a bishop and early church historian, reports one popular story of the first icon.
In this story, King Abgar of Edessa sent a letter to Jesus Christ during Jesus' public activities in Gallilee, asking Jesus to come and heal him of leprosy.
Instead, Jesus took a linen cloth and pressed it against his own face, leaving the imprint of his face on the cloth, and sent it back to the king.
This cloth reportedly remained in Edessa until the 10th century, when it was taken to Constantinople.
In 1204 it was lost when Constantinople was sacked by Crusaders.
This is allegedly the first icon. Eusebius also reports seeing many icons of Jesus, Peter and Paul that were of some age, as well as seeing a bronze statue of Jesus outside the house of the woman who was healed of a twelve year hemhorage; the woman is mentioned in the Gospels, though the statue is not.
There are also simple paintings of Jesus as well as depictions of Old Testament scenes found in early Christian catacombs, where Christians were not only buried but also lived in to hide from their Roman persecutors.
Luke the Evangelist is also credited with painting at least three icons of the Virgin Mary, at least one of which is believed to be still extant.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join