It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying WHAT!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I found this very fascinating. I try to be skeptical in the present about cryptozoology, but I have to suspend that just because of the awsomeness of this crypto I stumbled upon awhile back.

Could someone help me? I think it's supposed to resemble a Tperodactyle (horrible spelling). In the Congo?

Can someone help me out as to the name, location, and any photos?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's "pterodactyl". They call it a Kongamoto

Dinosaur of the Congo

In Zambia and Zimbabwe, people are afraid of the flesh eating Kongamoto, a flying lizard with a great wingspan and a long beak filled with teeth, much like the long extinct pterodactyl.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I found some more...

Sightings [The Great Dinosaur Mystery]

Natives living in northern Zimbabwe described a strange flying animal which they called the "kongamato." It was not a bird but more like a reddish-colored lizard with bare, bat-like wings. The distance between its wing tips was four to seven feet.

The scientist showed the natives pictures of various animals, both living and extinct. Each person interviewed said the Pterodactyl (TEH-ro-DAK-till) was most like the Kongamoto. These animals are supposed to live mainly in a huge, dense area called the Jiunda Swamp. Researchers have heard of animals like this in other places, too.

An area called the Jiunda Swamp

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hmmm. The correct name is probably "kongamato" (not kongamoto). I'm not sure. But I found more pictures by searching for "kongamato".

Alltheweb picture search for Kongamato

Depiction of a native sighting, by Bill Rebsamen

Click the picture for larger version...

[edit on 2007/1/7 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
thankyou!

What's with this picture? Anyone know?

Any photos taken of the creature?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mental Natural

That picture is the first picture I get when I click the picture search. By clicking the title (instead of the picture) the page opens up instead of just the picture. It says:

Dinosaurs still alive

This image is alleged to be a blow up from a photo taken by Daily Telegraph correspondent Ian Colvin, but it was really taken from a magazine illustration.

The magazine illustration is pictured below that text.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
No photo, but you might find this interesting:

www.prairieghosts.com...

The mysterious thunderbird photo, a great american myth or not, but still on topic and a good story.

Everybody likes a good mystery...why else would you be here.

SPiderj

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mental Natural
thankyou!

The picture is one of hundreds of fakes "published" and distributed by Billy Meier. This particular picture is actually a picture of a poster (or a picture in a book?) with dinosaurs on it, and he showed it to everyone claiming he was on an alien planet with living dinosaurs... Pft.

Link

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't believe in the whole thunderbird thing.....having trouble with the whole dinosaur conception as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
A large bird, similar to the descriptions of the Thunderbird, has been reported in the Bridgewater Triangle in Massachusetts. I believe there are some threads on it if you give it a search.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here's a link to an article that awnsered you question:
www.unsolvedmysteries.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
We see many ancestors of the dinos today, so no reason not to believe that some offshoot that may be little changed (like how the crocodile has changed little) could still exist in remote regions. I see pelicans everyday on my way to work as I cross a bridge, and I'm often reminded of how much they resemble pterasaurs....amazing really.

The old photo on the barn wall is little more than a myth these days (of the Thunderbird), but there are also two different Civil War era hoaxed photos too (admitted and fully debunked hoaxes, complete with source), so viewer beware.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkAlex

That's not a very reliable website.

I work in a paleontology lab, and I work with dinosaur bones. The vastly uninformed person who wrote that page might think there's only 30 types of dinosaurs, but he's off by about 250 or more (but only if you're counting the number of genera and not species):
notexactlyrocketscience.wordpress.com...

A live population of dinosaurs means that there's got to be enough to breed new dinosaurs and keep the population stable. They also have to have food and migratory space (some migrated seasonally) and so forth. So we're talking about creatures that would be in the same sort of numbers as (say) polar bear, the hippopotamus, the giant panda, and other creatures on the endangered species list.

The "things that resemble a pterosaur/pterodactyl" are usually things that resemble kids' toys and are not really what they looked like. Pilots tend to notice stuff like that flapping around in the skies... there haven't been any confirmed sightings of these things.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by DarkAlex

That's not a very reliable website.

I work in a paleontology lab, and I work with dinosaur bones. The vastly uninformed person who wrote that page might think there's only 30 types of dinosaurs, but he's off by about 250 or more (but only if you're counting the number of genera and not species):
notexactlyrocketscience.wordpress.com...

A live population of dinosaurs means that there's got to be enough to breed new dinosaurs and keep the population stable. They also have to have food and migratory space (some migrated seasonally) and so forth. So we're talking about creatures that would be in the same sort of numbers as (say) polar bear, the hippopotamus, the giant panda, and other creatures on the endangered species list.

The "things that resemble a pterosaur/pterodactyl" are usually things that resemble kids' toys and are not really what they looked like. Pilots tend to notice stuff like that flapping around in the skies... there haven't been any confirmed sightings of these things.

Well, agreed - no 'confirmed' reports....but plenty of 'unconfirmed' reports coming out of remote parts of Africa and extremely remote islands too. So, for me, the jury is still out on such things. There are vast wilderness areas still largely unexplored on this planet...

Cheers,

Jimbo

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Well, agreed - no 'confirmed' reports....but plenty of 'unconfirmed' reports coming out of remote parts of Africa and extremely remote islands too. So, for me, the jury is still out on such things. There are vast wilderness areas still largely unexplored on this planet...

Cheers,

Jimbo

The problem with reports from the native villagers is that many times, the villagers lie. When the natives see rich foreigners coming to visit, they'll say just about anything and lead them just about anywhere as long as the rich foreigners pay up. Thus, you can't really rely on these kinds of accounts. Sorry for bursting your bubble.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier

The problem with reports from the native villagers is that many times, the villagers lie. When the natives see rich foreigners coming to visit, they'll say just about anything and lead them just about anywhere as long as the rich foreigners pay up. Thus, you can't really rely on these kinds of accounts. Sorry for bursting your bubble.

Agreed, and that really is a good point.

Bare with me for a moment. As most of the educated, and informed, free world, the Billy Meier photos of his visit to a "planet with dinosaurs" is viewed with trepidation and disdain.

Most if not all of his alleged photos have been debunked. Not to get too far off of the discussion but upon viewing a link to this thread (yes, I read all links) I came across another of his "dino" pics which I cannot remember ever seeing properly debunked. Anyone have any info or cross references on this pic?

I do not recall anyone ever debunking this particular photo, but given the source, its a hard pill to swallow even though it seems to look genuine.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
I do not recall anyone ever debunking this particular photo, but given the source, its a hard pill to swallow even though it seems to look genuine.

Everything from Billy Meier is fake. I don't see how he can have some real material, and some fake material. It's either or... The above picture goes hand in hand with the Pterodactyl picture.

Meier apparently thought no one would figure this out. Photographed magazine pictures of dinosaurs claiming them as proof he travelled back in time.

Source
More

There's somewhere a picture that compares Billy's pictures with the original book's pictures - which I can't find right now.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Here is this video filmed in Colombia. They caught something on tape:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
There's somewhere a picture that compares Billy's pictures with the original book's pictures - which I can't find right now.

You can view one of the dinosaur comparison pictures here [about a third of the way down the page].

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Franz von Humboldt
Here is this video filmed in Colombia. They caught something on tape:

I find it pretty hilarious the creature they say they captured on the tape is identical in every way on the computer rendering on the end of the film, I mean how stupid do you have to believe that piece of junk?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join