It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what we're doing in Iraq? (mature audiences only)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I get the point of the stupidity of war without watching videos of US Marines killing the wounded or Chechnyans slashing Russian throats.

Not doing much posting on Iraq war issues at ATS right now, but reviewing a few threads, and observing the trends.

The pro-war lobby at ATS is more and more entering the domain of criminal insanity. Show them the effects of war on both the US Forces who don't want to be there, and Iraqi militia and civilians, and they point instead to politicians and fictional economic improvement and job growth!

Point to the real misery in the US economy and they talk instead about the need to "free" Iraq from ruthless killers.

The pro-war lobby is making no sense at all on anything.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
We have another generation of young Americans acting out our Vietnam past. We teach them to hate a foreigner with some colorful racial eptithet, give them a gun with a crucifix and dog tags around his neck, and watch another piece of humaity die.

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Colonel]

Again, you string words together into a sentence and assume I will accept it as truth.
Have you been teaching your young to hate a foreigner? Because I don't see where you are coming from; nobody is being taught to hate the froeigner in school, not on TV, even my Southern White Redneck friends aren't teaching their young to hate their foreigner. Again, the liberal attempts to create an illusion in order to get the stoned and hallucinatory to follow him.

Yes, you are sick, because you use as evidence something that has been tampered with. You can clearly see that is not as it was shot, and you clearly understand that it has been edited to foment anti-American sentiment. As you know this, and have a higher level and expectation of knowledge, you should be brought up on treason for attempting to foment such international resent on the internet.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Figures. An edited tape, tampered and stained evidence.

Yep...it's chopped....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
This is just another one of millions of clarifications I have for hating any kind of military force. There is no dignity or honour in what these men are doing. They are #ing hired killers who do horrible things like this to over humans for their leaders political interest. That sure as hell didn't look like liberation to me. . .

This, my fellow mudpitters, is what we call narrowmindedness. I happen to be in the Army. Do you know how many people in my area(state) are 11B?(infantry) very few. I happen to be a construction equipment mechanic. Now I don't know about you, but I don't see myself as a hired killer. I would only shoot somone if they were shooting at me or have a very high potential to shoot at me. I joined the Army to help my courntry, not to get paid to kill people.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Flinx:
"And seekerof, stop acting like you're the master of logic and impartiality on this board. What are YOU trying to make people perceive? And those damn laughing and "eye-rolling" emoticons and pointless links.....you're just coming off as an arrogant azz lately.

You people will defend anything this administration does and attack anyone that looks like they're critising the US. No one can post anything anti-war or anything about corruption without getting pounced on by a bunch of rabid, foam-at-the-mouth neo-cons. (Illustration below)"

Your personal attacks are pointless Flinx.....your opinion is noted.
Do I care what you think? Ask me.
If you don't like me "defending this administration", is attacking me going to change that? Is telling me that I am an "ignorant azz" going to change that. Grab a tissue and cry somewhere else....this is after all the Mud Pit.

Btw....the video is bogus and the stock market went over 10,000....jobless rate is creeping lower, economy is on the rebound......

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Btw....the video is bogus and the stock market went over 10,000....jobless rate is creeping lower, economy is on the rebound......

regards
seekerof

Huh, what? we've just witnessed a callous murder and all you can talk about is the stock markets going over 10,000 points and the unemployment rate going from 6% to 5.9%? Is there any wonder why I call you people the sons of Cain?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Again, you string words together into a sentence and assume I will accept it as truth.
Have you been teaching your young to hate a foreigner? Because I don't see where you are coming from; nobody is being taught to hate the froeigner in school, not on TV, even my Southern White Redneck friends aren't teaching their young to hate their foreigner.

See, repugnant thugs start early. They are taught at an early age to lie, cheat, and steal---just from watching their folks. Well, let me put the truth to this lie.

What racial epithet did the Americans call the Vietnamese ias they killed them in the war that we had no business being in?

What racial epithet did the Americans call the Iraqis as they killed them in the first Gulf War?

What racial epithet do the Americans call the Iraqis now as they kill them?

And, yes, I have the answers to all of these.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   

regards
seekerof

Your comments are LIES. Totally bogus LIES.

Jobless claims rise in latest week
Second consecutive rise after steady decline

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) -- The number of people filing claims for unemployment insurance rose for the second consecutive week after a steady decline, the Labor Department said Thursday.

In the latest week, claims rose 13,000 to 378,000, the highest level since October. The four-week average rose by 2,250 to 364,750. Initial claims are volatile and economists consider the four-week average a better barometer of labor market conditions.

cbs.marketwatch.com...

I'm tellingyou people. Never believe a repugnant.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The video was edited, cut, snipped, changed from the original...its BOGUS Colonel.....its tampered evidence and results in it being inadmissable.
For crying out load...your a LAWYER....you should know better than this....then again....maybe not.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The video is running all over th einternet and there are a few members that have seen it inis entirety and claim THAT IS NOT BOGUS!

Unlike like your economic predictions which ave nothing to do with the video.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
INADMISSABLE....Mr. Lawyer.
I care less how many places the video is shown....it remains bogus and only provides to quench the thirst of those who yearn for something to drink.
BOGUS.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   

regards
seekerof

Huh, what? we've just witnessed a callous murder and all you can talk about is the stock markets going over 10,000 points and the unemployment rate going from 6% to 5.9%? Is there any wonder why I call you people the sons of Cain?

Cant see the forrest for the tree's eh Colonel? It's interesting how you chose to address 1 of 4 points Seekerof brought up. You may be right about the jobless rate, but what about the DOW? What about the economy? And the biggest of all, the video? It is doctored...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The video is cut but not doctored. You sick repugnants will say anything. The guy was clearly shot as he was down and the soldiers were laughing about it. You can not deny this.

Andthis has nothing to do with the stock market.

Finally, we are nto in a court of law so the rules of evidence don't apply.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Then what are you trying to prove Colonel? I could make footage of the Democratic Candidates shooting somone and laughing then say we shouldn't have a democratic party, the rules of evidence don't apply. It can't be considered evidence if it is spliced, cut, edited, ect.

But I wouldn't, because that's stupid. Find the film in its full version. Then you have a complaint.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
First of all, don't tell me what to do.

Secondly, if we are using the rules of evidence, I don't have to do anything of the sort b/c of Flinx who said:

"PS- I saw the actual show that this clip was from. I mentioned it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
It is editted twice. The host actually said the "wounded Iraqi writhes on the ground next to his gun". They edited out "next to his gun". I'm not sure what they edited from the redneck soldier's speech.
Doesn't excuse anything though....the show exposed the true brutality and sickness of war. It also showed what kind of mindset soldiers have. "

Now, keep saying the murder was bogus.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

First of all, don't tell me what to do.

Secondly, if we are using the rules of evidence, I don't have to do anything of the sort b/c of Flinx who said:

"PS- I saw the actual show that this clip was from. I mentioned it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
It is editted twice. The host actually said the "wounded Iraqi writhes on the ground next to his gun". They edited out "next to his gun". I'm not sure what they edited from the redneck soldier's speech.
Doesn't excuse anything though....the show exposed the true brutality and sickness of war. It also showed what kind of mindset soldiers have. "

Now, keep saying the murder was bogus.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Colonel]

Colonel, I have to credit you this, your posts are entertaining to read. Can you be sure those were the only things edited out? The media is left-wing after all. Maybe somthing important came from the 'redneck soldier'. How do you know? You said yourself that you're not sure what was edited out of his speech.

You would have to be ignorant to think that war is not brutal or sickening. PEOPLE DIE! That is what happens in a war. I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but # happens, not everything is fair. Who knows the whole story behind it?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Then what are you trying to prove Colonel? I could make footage of the Democratic Candidates shooting somone and laughing then say we shouldn't have a democratic party, the rules of evidence don't apply. It can't be considered evidence if it is spliced, cut, edited, ect.

But I wouldn't, because that's stupid. Find the film in its full version. Then you have a complaint.

*Sigh*
you people will never learn:bnghd:

that vid is authentic, do we agree on that? as for it's being cut, most circumstances allow for that to defeat the purpose of this argument, but let me draw out this scenario: the man ended up shooting one of the soldiers in previous combat, they were looking for him, they found him and did him in cold blood... having the film cut in that case would point out a cynically contravercial fact, ie: cutting out other important evidence.
as far as the vid we have seen is concerned, these soldiers are a trigger-happy bunch sent away to wreak havoc in iraq and, practice

i wont take sides in this, since, both sides havent been heard.
dont mean to compromise your situation Colonel, it's a good topic

Cordially
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You guys say that since the video was edited you can't put to much faith into the validity of the news, but did you notice the soldiers were still cheering after they shot the soldier. Doesn't look like they had to do any editing on the part, does it?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This is just another one of millions of clarifications I have for hating any kind of military force. There is no dignity or honour in what these men are doing. They are #ing hired killers who do horrible things like this to over humans for their leaders political interest. That sure as hell didn't look like liberation to me. . .

This, my fellow mudpitters, is what we call narrowmindedness. I happen to be in the Army. Do you know how many people in my area(state) are 11B?(infantry) very few. I happen to be a construction equipment mechanic. Now I don't know about you, but I don't see myself as a hired killer. I would only shoot somone if they were shooting at me or have a very high potential to shoot at me. I joined the Army to help my courntry, not to get paid to kill people.

That's just great and all, but job number one in the military is to be a soldier, should it become necessary. Many of the people who join the military know damn well that they may have to kill someone. It's just part of the job. I can't tell you how many people I've known who joined the Army thinking the same thing. Then the Gulf War started.
I'm glad you're not one of those people who think it would just be wonderful to kill people. We need more people like you in the military, and less of those overly
gung ho MF's that have more bullets than brains.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

That's just great and all, but job number one in the military is to be a soldier, should it become necessary. Many of the people who join the military know damn well that they may have to kill someone. It's just part of the job. I can't tell you how many people I've known who joined the Army thinking the same thing. Then the Gulf War started.
I'm glad you're not one of those people who think it would just be wonderful to kill people. We need more people like you in the military, and less of those overly
gung ho MF's that have more bullets than brains.

those MF's are the only thing between you and bin-boy attacking again, i repeat..we dont actually know the other side of it..maybe they had just reason!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join