It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will this ever stop ? When is enough, ENOUGH !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There will only be true peace once everybody is dead. Not one living soul on this planet is left alive. It is the nature of us to fight. I dont have it, I want it, so I will kill to get it.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
There will only be true peace once everybody is dead. Not one living soul on this planet is left alive. It is the nature of us to fight. I dont have it, I want it, so I will kill to get it.

So true. Even the "Haves" hate the "Have Nots".

Cite the Ditto Battle Cry: It's my money damnit!

A singularly hilarious statement when coming from a guy in a trailor drinking whiskey sours from a can.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon

A man ain't truly happy till a man is truly DEAD.
Prince Sign o' Times

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There cannot be peace.

Peace will only happen when light and dark combine and we have a new explosive recreation of the universe.

Until then both sides fight for your allegiance.

There is measure of peace when you 'decide,' but then you become someone to be hated or disliked or distrusted.

The dues and rewards for joining one side or other differ but I still think the better deal is with the light.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Right. You must have missed the part about Saddam attacking and taking over the country for wealth, power, and oil-rich lands.

Are you sure your not talking about Bush?
Deep

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Right. You must have missed the part about Saddam attacking and taking over the country for wealth, power, and oil-rich lands.

Are you sure your not talking about Bush?
Deep

Yep, just ask anyone in Kuwait.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Why is the media making a lead story
out of every soldier that dies in iraq?

Every day it's "Another soldier dies in iraq".
it's a war for cryin out loud!!
There's going to be casualties!

I was a child when Vietnam was going on,
but I don't remember headlines everytime
a soldier died.

Could'nt they like wait month and post a
total or something?

:so04:

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by fortean]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
OK, so taking my cues from Bush's address to the UN on the remaining great evils facing the world: Terror, Famine/Plauge and Sex Slavery...

We now have two fronts/footholds.

-Iraq (cite: Terror) to change the course of history/Tyranny in the Middle East, and...
-The African Continent (cite: Faimine/Aids) which Bush admits he is peacefully infiltrating through a mission of mercy to create a stop gap to Terror.

So where is he going with Sex Tourism? Talking out his ASS or going Pacific Rim blinders on, full speed ahead?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Iraq attacks injure 33 U.S. troops, officials say

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Bombings at two U.S. bases in northern Iraq wounded at least 33 American soldiers Tuesday -- attacks that occurred less than three hours apart, U.S. military officials said.

www.cnn.com...

Will we ever bring our "boys" home ? How many has to die first ? Is this going to be another Vietnam ?

I am so tired of reading these headlines.

What will it take before they get home, another president in office ? and that's a long time away from happening...

I guess this is more of a rant, but how do you other Americans here feel about this ? You guys from other countries, how would you feel if it was your military taking these "hits"?

War, will never go away. As long as people of this planet can think freely, and have their own opinions, they will disagree on things. Then form groups based on the opinions. The groups will kill each other. It is how life has been for us humans since day one.

It doesnt matter whether I agree with the war or not. The fact of the matter is that we started something. We have to finish it at all costs. If we back out now, neither the world, nor iraq, nor any other group of people will ever take us seriously.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
whither or not we should be there is rather mote now, we are already there and to leave would be seen as a sign of weakness. The thing to do is finish the job like we should have in the first gulf war.

For the record I think sticking our noses into other peoples business is what got us into this mess to begin with but since we are ALLREADY involved we should kick butt proper and bring our boys home.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortean

Where did you get that chipmunk picture????!!!! That's funny as hell! Are there more where that came from???

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This war needed to happen. Iraq was a safe place for terrorists and the people who supported them. Some of you people act like we are there for no reason. Its a good thing we went there, who knows what would of happened if we didn't.
I do think we need to do things a little diffrent, maybve use a little more force. Basically our guys are just getting ambushed. We need to act like this is still a war and not a peace making mission.
Also, all you people talking about taking care of things here, in this country, how much do you do to help this country out? Are you helping feed the hungry, shelter the homeless or helping drug addicts? The problem is, people want the government to do everything for them, and then when they do and its not perfect, you bitch. I am not standing up for the government, it does have probelms but, put yourself in Uncle Sams shoes.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortean
Why is the media making a lead story
out of every soldier that dies in iraq?

Every day it's "Another soldier dies in iraq".
it's a war for cryin out loud!!
There's going to be casualties!

I was a child when Vietnam was going on,
but I don't remember headlines everytime
a soldier died.

Could'nt they like wait month and post a
total or something?

:so04:

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by fortean]

Very good question and I think I can answer it. Believe it or not they want to condition the public to hate war and be so afraid of it that they would sell all their freedom etc. to avoid it.

Of course that will not avoid it now will it?

Also, if mankind had a chance to repell the alien invaders it will dissipate fast with the fat, lazy, despirited, morally confused, and cowardly populace of the world.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Also, if mankind had a chance to repell the alien invaders it will dissipate fast with the fat, lazy, despirited, morally confused, and cowardly populace of the world.

That's consumerism Friend. Never met and ad campaign yet that didn't conspire to promote being fat, lazy, despirited, morally confused and cowardly.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dusty
This war needed to happen. Iraq was a safe place for terrorists and the people who supported them. Some of you people act like we are there for no reason. Its a good thing we went there, who knows what would of happened if we didn't.
I do think we need to do things a little diffrent, maybve use a little more force. Basically our guys are just getting ambushed. We need to act like this is still a war and not a peace making mission.
Also, all you people talking about taking care of things here, in this country, how much do you do to help this country out? Are you helping feed the hungry, shelter the homeless or helping drug addicts? The problem is, people want the government to do everything for them, and then when they do and its not perfect, you bitch. I am not standing up for the government, it does have probelms but, put yourself in Uncle Sams shoes.

Yes, only God knows what would have happened had we not invaded Iraq. We got there just in time!

We should build a wall around Iraq and kill every Iraqi to insure no more ambushes

I envy someone that can afford to be addicted to drugs.
I would like to see help for the hungry, homeless, but unfortunately, the money that would make this possible goes to the war

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thanks, NEO.

I see what your saying.

I've noticed the news is almost 75%
events in other parts of the world in order
to get us thinking globally not locally.

After all we will be global citizens soon.

PS. I found the chipmonk under FAQS at the top
of the main screen.

Click on it and scroll down to "what are smilies?"
Theres a list of alternate smiles you can use.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Zed; Members:

First I want to thank Zed for his courageous stand in this never-ending rant damning the United States along with our president and to a lessor degree, our Coalition Partners, especilly the United Kingdom. I for one wish to thank Zed, his reply was thoughtful, concise and forceful.

Second I want to reiterate the Fact that this is a WAR,
not a sales convention, a party or a vacation, a War. The courageous men and women who are fighting this War know exactly what it is. They (Armed Forces) were sent there to interdict Saddam's plan to acquire WMD's, even Sen. H. Clinton stated that there was more than enough inteligence showing this to support the Iraq incurrsion, Sen. Clinton is calling for more U.S. &
Coalition Troops to complete the job.

Third, as stated by Zed and others, in a War there will be casualties and death, including unfortunately, civilians.

Forth, If you remember the "embeded" journalists that were with our Soldiers as they moved across Iraq, there were no stories of U.S. Or Coalition Forces commiting atrocitties; it is only now that the "rear echelon" reporters point out the damage incurred by civilians.

Lastly, Saddam (and his henchmen) choose Not To Fight, for a large part they simply took there weapons and the 100's of Millions of Dollars they had looted from the Iraq Nation and started a "guerrilla-war", this is a very hard war to win due to the fact the enemy is spread over a large area and only chooses to "fight" when the time and the place is of their choice. Given the vast cash-pool that was taken by Saddam's Family, it is well within their reach to "buy" so-called suicide bombers & Iranians', Saudis, Syrians, Etc. for ground troops. Remember that these are Countries that have monthly incomes of less then $50.00.

Quiet the rant, give the U.S./U.K. and their Coalition a chance to suceed, and for God's sake, please remember that if "WE" fail, then in all probability so will all free countries around the world.

USAFSS-SP

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFSS-SP
1: They (Armed Forces) were sent there to interdict Saddam's plan to acquire WMD's,

2: even Sen. H. Clinton stated that there was more than enough inteligence showing this to support the Iraq incurrsion,

3: Forth, If you remember the "embeded" journalists that were with our Soldiers as they moved across Iraq, there were no stories of U.S. Or Coalition Forces commiting atrocitties; it is only now that the "rear echelon" reporters point out the damage incurred by civilians.

USAFSS-SP

1: I seem to remember troops were sent to destroy known WMD, not "interdict plan to acquire"
lunaville.com...

2: I should take anything she says as smoking gospel?
It would be to much to ask if I can see this intel, it's a national security issue of course.

3: No comment as this is self explaining.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Lets take everything hilary says as fact...I mean she didn't lie in her own memoirs or anything...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join