It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

and we wonder how terrorist get into the country...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I know this might be a stretch here, but coulnd't these people be terrorist ? They're getting a free pass right into the US !

Iraqi orchestra to play Kennedy Center

WASHINGTON (AP) -- At a time when Americans' views of Iraq are shaped by daily reports of combat and death, Saad al-Dujaily wants to present another side of his country: a land of music and culture.

For the Bush administration, the concert offers an opportunity to bring home one example of how Iraqi lives have improved since Saddam was toppled. The orchestra's visit comes as the U.S. death toll rises in Iraq and the administration points to atrocities committed under Saddam to explain the need for war.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/09/sprj.nilaw.iraq.symphony.ap/index.html]http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/09/sprj.nilaw.iraq.symphony.ap/index.html[/ url]

Yeah right... another Bush stunt, no doubt.

I used to think he was okay, I think I might be starting to see the light !

back to my original question / comment, what better way to get terrorist into the country..

"umm we're musicians with the Orchestra. NO that's not a WMD... it's a Cello ( spelling ?)

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hehehe. Nice observation. Although I think anyone coming from this country, or any other near it, would be hardly investigated before letted in, musician or not.

To quote some of Lucifer's words:
"Don't be afraid. It's just light."

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hey, just because they're another nationality...doesn't make them terrorists...in fact....could you remind me who was responsible for the oklahoma city bombing?

I don't think you should make posts accusing, or even suggesting that musicians, no matter what their race/religion/whatever are terrorists, simply because they come from a war-torn area. (one that we tore, by the way...)

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well you think it's bad in the Us try the UK, they have it real bad over there. I'm not 100% sure of these figures, but I think they let in around 100,000 asylum seekers in the last five years. Thats only the legally reported ones. So even if you take a very very conservative estimate that say 0.01% of those may harbour possible extremest views, thats still a whole lot bad being given, jobs housing and monetary support, and welcomed into the country with open arms. So lets all spare a thought for them with their soft government.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by feygan]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good observation...

Just as a sidenote...here's a list of some of the most popular ways to infiltrate spies and terrorists into a country....

Atheletes, Musicians, Dancers, Archeologists, Business (especially import/exporters), Embassies (though far less than you'd think), Press, Writers, etc.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Pretty sure they got an extensive cavity search....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I know this might be a stretch here, but coulnd't these people be terrorist ? They're getting a free pass right into the US !

Iraqi orchestra to play Kennedy Center

WASHINGTON (AP) -- At a time when Americans' views of Iraq are shaped by daily reports of combat and death, Saad al-Dujaily wants to present another side of his country: a land of music and culture.

For the Bush administration, the concert offers an opportunity to bring home one example of how Iraqi lives have improved since Saddam was toppled. The orchestra's visit comes as the U.S. death toll rises in Iraq and the administration points to atrocities committed under Saddam to explain the need for war.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/09/sprj.nilaw.iraq.symphony.ap/index.html]http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/12/09/sprj.nilaw.iraq.symphony.ap/index.html[/ url]

Yeah right... another Bush stunt, no doubt.

I used to think he was okay, I think I might be starting to see the light !

back to my original question / comment, what better way to get terrorist into the country..

"umm we're musicians with the Orchestra. NO that's not a WMD... it's a Cello ( spelling ?)

*sigh*
You sir, are an idiot.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Gazrok, indeed. Anyone in the intelligence community knows about how artists, actors, musicians etc were a tremendous tool during the cold war. Mainly because they are known to travel a lot for shows etc., they are not seen as a threat, and they are generally well liked. No better tool could be utilized than someone with that description.

In this case there is nothing to worry about though. Yes this is a ploy. It's the same as how excited everyone is going to be to see olympians from a free Iraq. It's simply giving legitimacy to the newly established country. Try to let them do things that other countries do. Give em a touring music group, a team of competitive athletes etc. It's being watched closely by the same people who established it.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
BeHeadR !!!

Let's see... I'm an idiot..

hmmm I live in a country that has been attacked and innocent people murdered.

By our own government, who knows.

So since we've been attacked on our own soil, I don't trust anyone ! that is my right as an American !

This is a discussion board, I was merely discussing the fact that what if, WHAT IF, terrorist could sneak in this way ?

So Sir, you call me an idiot, that's fine. You don't know me or anything about me.

I hope you have a nice day, I hope you and your family are happy and safe together, I wish you now harm or wrong doing, I simply pray for you and all !

good day !

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
No but I bet many of them apply for immigrate status though.

The only terrorism they will commit is the raping by the immigrant of the anglo-saxon dream...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well, if the potential Iraqi government had a lick of sense in their heads...they'd have at least one spy among them.... I however, am not giving them that much credit, hehe.....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Always a possibilty Gazrok. As we know, all countries - whether they have hostility towards each other or not - do engage in spying. Just off the record. America hardly turns a blind eye toward Canada, UK, Australia, Israel etc. even though those are countries were are allied with, nor do they remain blind to us. It's just a very off the record thing and somewhat different than the old school spying of Russia v. US etc.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeHeadR
*sigh*
You sir, are an idiot.

You sir are the idiot, for making such a useless post. Each and everybody is entitled to their own opinion.
Ever heard of freedom of speech? Well I'll take my freedom of speech, and ask you to shut you're filthy mouth up if you doesn't have anything intelligent to say.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i dont believe that since the war on terror began that we have caught or arrested one real terrorist.i also dont believe we have found one real terrorist training camp.

the real terrorists have been here a long time,they are well trained organised and have lived among us since before the war on terror began.

they will have jobs and none of them will illegal in any way,none of them will be outstanding in anything they do and none of them will draw attention to themselves or be from any group of people that warrants attention.they simply wont be worth a second look.

these people who strap bombs to their bodies or put it into their shoes and try to walk onto aeroplanes are not terrorists they are weapons being used by terrorists.

im not saying an artiste,musician,actor,immigrant legal or illegal wouldnt be used in an act of terrorism but in a forign country on a high terrorist alert they could hardly walk through customs with suitcases packed full of almond smelling putty now could they.

the shoe bomber didnt have enough explosive about him or where he lived to blow a building up,he had just enough to do the job he was trying to do.same goes with the suicide bombers,when they have been identified none of their homes have been found to have an explosive cache left behind.

if anyone comes into one of our countries to carry out an act of terrorism where does he get the explosives or weapons from to do the job hes here to do.

there has to be a sophisticated network that has taken years to put in place by intelligent well trained men to be able to carry out sustained attacks on foreign soil.

these are the real terroists,these are the people who have been trained in real terror camps and these are the people who are just too valuable to strap a bomb too and i dont believe we have caught one of them yet.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by feygan
Well you think it's bad in the Us try the UK, they have it real bad over there. I'm not 100% sure of these figures, but I think they let in around 100,000 asylum seekers in the last five years. Thats only the legally reported ones.

It's a truly dire sutuation here in the UK. Due to European Law, anybody can turn up at Dover or Heathrow, and once they've said the magical words' Political Asylum', they have to be taken in. And that's just the ones that arrive 'legally'. The vast majority don't.

These so called 'asylum seekers' are so terrified of whatever it is they're running from in their home country that they will run right through 4 or 5 countries which will accept them just to get here. That's because, as you point out, they're given money and housing. And if their case goes to appeal, the backlog is such that it can be up to two or three years before their case is heard - during which they are housed and paid by the Government...and then as appeal time draws near...they have plenty of time to melt into the immigrant community and disappear.

We also have a situtaion where Islamic Fundamentalists can quite happily publically stir up race hatred, and promote/ seek donations for terrorism, without fear of prosecution. During the last anniversary of 9/11 Muslims gathered outside a mosque to celebrate the attack. The mosque was draped with banners and posters proclaiming celebration of the Muslim martyrs. And the Police just stood by and watched. That's why it's doubtful that Britain will suffer any organised Al Queada attack. Some lone nutter, yeah, but not from the organised groups. That'd be pissing in their own nest and leave them a hell of a lot to lose.

Terrorsim aside, this HUGE influx of basically unchecked immigration has lalso ed to organised crime gangs from Eastern Europe seeing Britain as an easy and fertile workplace. Nobody uses the same extreme levels of violence as the Albanian Mafia. And these Eastern crime outfits are now cutting up the cities for themselves, to such an extent that the Police force cannot do a thing. One senior Police officer recently publically admitted that in the case of just one gang it would take over 2 years to gather evidence, prosecute and arrest them.

That's the result of having a soft Government, and a Prime Minister who is more concerned with appearing as a world leader when there are problems in his own backyard that need sorting out. Blair's problem is that he's only in it for himself, and he's more concerned that his Government look as if they're doing something, rather than actaully doing it.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
.....and can't possibly play an instrument, this is a symbolic "Nero playing the fiddle while Rome Burned"!!

Actually, the Ochestras Percussion man is Iraq University's Ultimate Frisbee Champion as well as an assassin, and during the performance, he is going to fling both razor honed cymbals at president Monkey Boy, thus putting the world out of its misery!!

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Bout Time]

top topics

join