It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Cant beat the 22

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well well well...
The first thing I want to mention is that US have many times overestimate their weapon system skills. Like in Vietnam BVR fight with AIM-7 missiles -- the result was that the hit probability was much smaller than US thought it will be. MIG-21 beat the crap out of F-4 in dogfight, unfortunately there were few of 21.
Second thing I want to mention is quantity of aircrafts used by US towards enemy. Allmost everytime the ratio US:enemy was higher than 10:1 Why? Because you cannot compare Vietnam, N.Korea, Yugoslavia, or Iraq to USA. This are too small airforces compared to USAF.
Third thing I want to mention is that Su-37 is capable of flight back. As I told, by 180 degree vertical loping he's able to make very very high degree of AOA and by VTC he's able by centripetal force to move backward -> yes after a few seconds his speed is zero but that doesn't mean that the aircraft will be stuck and crash on the ground. As for F-22 flight skills, well it was on time to do what he's able to do now, cuz Russians were able to do this much sooner. Im searchinf for infos about AL-41F engine that is mounted on Mig 1.42/1.44 demonstrators.
And as for revealing informations about weapon systems. Cut that crap out like US are telling lies etc. Yes everybody gives disinformations, but the difference between US and Russia is that US gave some informations about their projects on the other side Russia only when it is unavoidable.Very best example is Tu-180 bomber that flew his first flight much sooner than B-2 and some of the american experts think even now that B-2 is the only one bomber of it's kind that is in use. There were many times when US were surprised, 'How so that Russians were able to keep XXX this/that in secret for so long?' As I know, some details about F-22 (like it does exist) was revealed to public 10 years earlier. Everybody knows F-22 Retaliator, good old sim. Dependless Russia revelaed informations about their Mig 1.44 and Su-47 'only' this few years and yet, some details are still not known. On the other side ET have just told me the details of operating use of APG-77. I think the moore you guys are able to tell me about F-22 is the worse for USAF. As allmost everybody knows, the key to victory is not only the technological advantage, but also knowledge of enemy forces -> in this field US are revelaing too much informations than it is good.
I know allmost nothing about new phazotrons and thus I cannot compare Phazotrons to the new APG.
Besides you forgot one thing and that is IR profile of aircraft. Which IS and that means... you know what... Russian very first MIG-29s models were equipped with EOS, since then their EOS system have made signifficant development steps further, their sensors are much more sensitive, capable to distinguish animals heat from aircraft and so on.
As we all know we were taught by many politics and officials that our army forces are the best in the world. And if you are going to opose me with something like, look at the numbers of soviet aircrafts that was shot down in Iraq or Yougoslavia - have in mind the situation they were in -> the ration I mentioned before and the quality of pilot training. Everything was one the NATO/US side -> dependless how good you have your machine, if you are in quantity disadvantage, it's useless.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join