It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Cant beat the 22

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ok with all do respect Russia has some good stuff but the F22 and Comanchie Are untouchable

F/A-22 Raptor � Air Dominance
for the 21st Century
No fighter in the world comes close to matching the F/A-22. By every measure, the Raptor represents extraordinary breakthroughs in maneuverability, stealth, sensor fusion � a wealth of parameters that define a new era in fighter capability.

The origins of the F/A-22 can be traced to the early 1970s, when the U.S. Air Force began studying concepts for replacement of its F-15 air superiority fighter. This became a formal program when the service requested proposals for an Advanced Tactical Fighter (ATF) in October 1985. The simple fact: New air and ground threats were looming that the F-15 would not be able to counter.

Now these threats will be defeated by the highly lethal and survivable F/A-22, with its balance of increased speed and range, enhanced offensive and defensive avionics, and reduced observability. The design of the F/A-22 also emphasizes reliability and maintainability of systems.

The F/A-22 is capable of flying and fighting against the most advanced integrated radar networks and dense surface-to-air missile environments in the world � now and in the future. A new generation of fighters is under development in several countries around the world today. The advent of these new fighters, as well as the continuing export of current air defense and adversary advanced fighter technology to the Third World, put the United States� ability to gain and maintain air superiority, much less air dominance, at increasing risk. The F/A-22 will retain the competitive edge through innovations and technologies no one can match.

In early 2001, the U.S. Air Force introduced a concept called Global Strike Task Force in which the F/A-22 Raptor is the enabler for all other forces. The success of any major air-land operation � today and in the future � depends primarily on the United States� preeminent ability to detect and destroy enemy fighters as well as attack high-value ground targets with precision weapons.

With the F/A-22, the era of U.S. air dominance � against all ground- and air-based threats � has begun.
www.lmaeronautics.com...

And

RAH-66 Comanche
The Boeing Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche armed reconnaissance helicopter is the centerpiece of the U.S. Army's aviation modernization plan. This reflects the Army's overall transition to an Objective Force that will utilize advanced weapon systems and smaller forces that are responsive, deployable, agile, versatile, lethal, survivable and sustainable.

The Comanche is a twin-turbine, two-seat (tandem) armed reconnaissance helicopter with projected missions of armed reconnaissance, light attack and air combat. First deliveries will occur in 2006.

The Comanche program validated a number of aircraft systems and components and built and flew two flight-test prototype aircraft in its Demonstration/Validation/Prototype phase from contract award in 1991 through 2000. The program launched a $3.1 billion Engineering and Manufacturing Development phase in mid-2000. During EMD, the program will continue flight tests and validation of the Comanche's fully integrated navigation, communication and passive-sensor targeting system, known as the Mission Equipment Package. In addition, the program will build and deliver 13 new Comanches for additional flight tests and U.S. Army operational test, evaluation and training. The Comanche program will reach full production in about 2010 and manufacture 650 RAH-66s for U.S. Army service.

The Comanche is the world's most advanced rotorcraft, featuring an all-composite, low-observable airframe that evades detection by radar, infrared and acoustic sensors. Its dynamic system includes a five-bladed bearingless main rotor, split-torque main transmission and an enclosed tail rotor system. Flight controls are fly-by-wire and triply redundant. All aircraft systems are integrated in the Mission Equipment Package that contains a digital avionics suite with advanced programmable communications; an integrated helmet-mounted heads-up display; a night-vision pilotage system and an electro-optical target acquisition and detection system that utilize advanced, passive, long-range, high-resolution sensors to generate real-time broad-band information to battlefield commanders about enemy dispositions; self-healing digital mission electronics; and triply redundant on-board system diagnostics. The aircraft can utilize high-speed and aerobatic maneuverability to avoid detection and engagement, and carries both missile armament in retractable bays and a retractable Gatling gun slaved to the helmet display. The Comanche is designed for easy field maintenance and repair and eliminates intermediate maintenance requirements.

The Boeing Company in Philadelphia is the Comanche's Mission Equipment Package integrator. Sikorsky Aircraft, of Stratford, Conn., is the program's airframe integrator. The Boeing Sikorsky Team includes several of the nation's leading aerospace companies, including BAE Systems; General Dynamics; Hamilton Sundstrand; Harris, Kaiser Electronics; LHTEC; Longbow, Ltd.; Lockheed Martin; Moog; TRW; and Williams International.

January 2002
www.boeing.com...

There is sooooooo mutch more !!!
just think this stuff is declasified Imagine What is still classified!

AlBeMet

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
STFU!!!!

I also thing ALOT of people are tryed of debating the 22!!!!!

ITS A #EN OLD TOPIC!!!!! IT WAS DEBATE LIKE 100 TIMES!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
So then you agree !

Also Dont talk that way kinda makes ya look bad

oh and ps its not only about the 22 try reading a post before ya bash it !!

thanks

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by AlBeMet]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
STFU!!!!

I also thing ALOT of people are tryed of debating the 22!!!!!

ITS A #EN OLD TOPIC!!!!! IT WAS DEBATE LIKE 100 TIMES!!!!

"F22 and Comanchie Are untouchable"

Theres nothing like good old base attack..

That is if this what are you claim would be true,

But it isnt..

So like Russian said:

STFU!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It isn't what the US has that should scare you it is what you haven't a clue that they have that will make you # your pants.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Think i hit a nerv

If you guys dont want to debate then dont but dont ruin my post with your garbage I wouldent do it to yours Its called respect!! thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Respect cannot exist where hatred has filled the space.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
It isn't what the US has that should scare you it is what you haven't a clue that they have that will make you # your pants.

VERY TRU NEO MY POINT EXACTALY!!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
theneo you just started to come to the weaponary froum and the aircraft.
so you basicly dont know haw many times it has been debated.

also this thread should be in the aircraft forum!

if you dont know how to use search then i am sorry for you cause if you do search the site for f22 you will come up with a # load of threads about it!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
f22 = WEAPON

Comanche = WEAPON

I wanted to discuss it I dont care how many other times its been done

and whats your take on the Comanche or dident ya bother to read it

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by AlBeMet]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet
f22 = WEAPON

Comanche = WEAPON

I wanted to discuss it I dont care how many other times its been done

if you dont care then one of the mods will!

also both of those are AIRCRAFTS!!!

now you showed how smart you are

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
GROW UP !! what are you like 12 maybe 13 ya sure act it If you dont like my post dont reply plain and simple Its your born right um sorry my born right

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
*# he is stupider then i thought*

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Stupid lol
I call lude comments in other peoples forms Stupid so I guess that would be ummmmmm You

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Stupid lol
I call lude comments in other peoples forms Stupid so I guess that would be ummmmmm You

blah blah blah....

WTF is this post worth anyway....

just another dumbass talking #...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Stupid lol

blah blah blah....

WTF is this post worth anyway....

just another dumbass talking #...

Wow thats you to a T again !!! Dont go away mad just go away!!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
russia already beat the f22 with mig 1.44, but there are no money to put it in production.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Your correct one one assessment Sector: "there are no money to put it in production"...on top of that, it was only a R&D test bed for current and future projects.

Your other assessment is most definitely debatable.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
russia already beat the f22 with mig 1.44, but there are no money to put it in production.

Also this MiG 1.44 was from the start build only as a testbed aircraft..

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
One thing you always do is take the Russians very seriously....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join