It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonary on Abovetopsecret...Why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is a thread directed to and for, but not restricted to ATS Freemason members.

I am well aware that the freemasons are a society with secrets, as apposed to being a 'secret society.' There are many Freemasons on ATS, and are familiar with the Secret Societies Field. My question is 'why?

I understand that Freemasonary is always under scrutiny for being a secret society, or having an 'evil' agenda. But surely the reason for your being here cannot only be to defend yourselves. Surely there is more to it than just that... So why?

Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
I understand that Freemasonary is always under scrutiny for being a secret society, or having an 'evil' agenda. But surely the reason for your being here cannot only be to defend yourselves. Surely there is more to it than just that... So why?
Thanks.

Gear,

Personally I'm interested in EVERY aspect of Freemasonry. I've been a member for over 25 years and very active and I like to know what's being said about the Fraternity. Some years before I joined I remember hearing about "deep, dark secrets" that the Freemasons had and how most members were unaware of the "super-secret high-level Masons" who run the world, etc. etc.

Here it is many years later and the same silly nonsense is being said again and again (often by well-meaning but confused individuals)

Sure I defend some aspects of Freemasonry against unwarranted attacks...not because I'm required to by my obligation, etc. but because I choose to. When Freemasonry is attacked without cause, I, as a Freemason and attacked.

That being said, "defending" Freemasonry isn't the real reason I am here. In fact some of the things said about Freemasonry are so wonderfully entertaining that I just read the threads, shake my head and go on to the next.

Also, in my job I travel a LOT and spend a lot of time in Hotel or Motel rooms and there's NEVER anything worthwhile on television...so...here I am!

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I am well aware that the freemasons are a society with secrets, as apposed to being a 'secret society.' There are many Freemasons on ATS, and are familiar with the Secret Societies Field. My question is 'why?

My position has always been that freemasonry is not a secret society, but a private one. This is a very important distinction. The secret societies are the ones that are not known about, or who try to keep themselves hidden.

Why on earth not? The site exists to deny ignorance and that is exactly what I intend to do. I can't understand why anyone would have a problem with that.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
FWIW, I am glad that the masons on this board have been able to find their own individual reasons for joining the board and engaging in the discussions. We'd be utterly ignorant here if we only heard from one 'side' of any discussion.

I suspect that the masons that post here post for the same reason that anyone posts here, to have weird and interesting discussions and to try and learn a little.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Thanks.

I have an interest in Freemasonry, fraternal orders, and secret and semi-secret societies in general. Also, I read and post on ATS for entertainment purposes as well as academic ones.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I come to see what our public image is and to help explain with some of the misconsceptions out there about us. It always makes me giggle when I see some of the more outrageous rumors

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well,while I am not a Mason,I have read both pro-Masonic literature and anti-Masonic literature. I must say that I don't blame the Masons for defending their fraternity. God knows the anti-Masons have no problem posting their unsubstantiated claims on the net and else where. Why shouldn't the Masons have a place where they can defend themselves? I think ATS is a good place for them to do it.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am not one to say Freemasonry as a whole, or any other secret society or group as a whole, is engaged in any massive conspiracy. There have been times, however, when individual masons or individual lodges have engaged in conspiracies. Many say the Boston Tea party was organized at *a* masonic lodge. In the 1830's in the USA, there was an anti-masonic movement that was brought to a head when *a few* masons murdered a man, then apparently had the trial rigged so the murderers would be acquited.

I think it is interesting to delve into these mini-conspiracies by masons and other groups like college fraternities. This is not to say all masons or college fraternity members are part of the conspiracies nor is this to say they all support the conspiracies. These conspiracies can be carried out by rogue members or chapters. These conspiracies may not necessarily be sinister, like the Boston Tea Party. However, these mini-conspiracies do indeed happen and can be proven.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
There have been times, however, when individual masons or individual lodges have engaged in conspiracies. However, these mini-conspiracies do indeed happen and can be proven.

As well have Christians,Muslims,Jews,Atheist, et cetera. You see, any conspiracy that you can allege Masons to be a part of, you can also attribute to any other group of people.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm not a mason, but I like reading about many different subjects, and the masons are interesting to me, so that's why I view many of these threads.

Sure, the masons have secrets, various rituals and things like that, that they will not tell the general public about. But, if you really want to get 'in' on those secrets, almost anyone can join a local lodge. As far as I have been able to learn, they will take anybody, provided you express belief in a supreme being, are a decent moral member of society, and can get at least one mason to vouch for you. (or maybe 2 or something, I forget the exact number) I'm not sure how worldwide the masons are, but the sole mason I knew was from the Philippines, and he joined over there, so I'm expecting there are lodges in most of the world's countries.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

There have been times, however, when individual masons or individual lodges have engaged in conspiracies. However, these mini-conspiracies do indeed happen and can be proven.

As well have Christians,Muslims,Jews,Atheist, et cetera. You see, any conspiracy that you can allege Masons to be a part of, you can also attribute to any other group of people.

You are correct in that any group of people, whether they be members of a masonic lodge, members of a church, a bowling team, a knitting circle, etc. can and do engage in conspiracies. The issue we may want to tackle is whether the element of secrecy that exists in groups like freemasonry is more conducive to hatching conspiracies as opposed to other types of formal and informal associations that exist like churches, bowling teams, sewing circles, etc.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

But surely the reason for your being here cannot only be to defend yourselves. Surely there is more to it than just that... So why?

First off I'd like to give a big thumbs up to all the Masonic members we have here at ATS.

Disclaimer
The only members of this "secret society" that I've ever met have been on ATS.

I don't reply very often in the threads that deal with the Freemasons, but that's only because I have no personal experience to share. I have been into several Temples, but it was a hall rental kinda thing.

I do read most of the threads though.

I've watched this organization being attacked repeatedly over the past few years by uneducated members that just spew back what they read on the web.
I'm not pointing that finger at you Gear, but you know the people I mean.

We all read through the threads that attack the Masons. I've always found it funny that the ones that know the most, the Masons themselves, are the ones that make the most sense.
It's our Masonic ATS members that have given me the most insight into their clique by posting honest replies to the many allegations made.

And let's face it, the best defense is a good offense.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

In the 1830's in the USA, there was an anti-masonic movement that was brought to a head when *a few* masons murdered a man, then apparently had the trial rigged so the murderers would be acquited.

Just to make a point here:

It was never shown that William Morgan was murdered. Indeed, there is some evidence that he lived out his life in the Caribbean isles, and his disappearance was faked.

Unfortunately, we may never know all the details, but I'm not willing to concede a murder took place without any evidence.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

This is a thread directed to and for, but not restricted to ATS Freemason members.

Thanks.

There was a similar thread on the matter,most of the masons are on ATS
not because they hold any intrests in this forum, they are here to defend and that is about the only reason they exist here, not that they don't have the right to defend, they do.
For a while I just looked at what masons posted, this forum holds topics on almost anything, anything that you want to talk about, this forum has it, what is strange is that they don't take any intrest at all on anything, it's not about this forum after all, but if you want to observe them on what intrest them this is a great place to see, the answer is nothing, nothing itrests masons in general except masonic stuff, if it would you would see it.
I would say that's what happens when people get brain washed, they lose intrest in everything, they forget to be them selfs.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think the reason freemasons frequent this board is the same reason as anyone frequents these boards. Because they're a great place to read all kinds of things. Them being a mason should barely factor outside of the secret societies board.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

In the 1830's in the USA, there was an anti-masonic movement that was brought to a head when *a few* masons murdered a man, then apparently had the trial rigged so the murderers would be acquited.

Just to make a point here:

It was never shown that William Morgan was murdered. Indeed, there is some evidence that he lived out his life in the Caribbean isles, and his disappearance was faked.

Unfortunately, we may never know all the details, but I'm not willing to concede a murder took place without any evidence.

There is no evidence OJ Simspon killed his wife.

Could you admit that it is possible, that of the thousands of people that are or were masons, a small handful of them were dirtbags?

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

There was a similar thread on the matter,most of the masons are on ATS
not because they hold any intrests in this forum, they are here to defend and that is about the only reason they exist here, not that they don't have the right to defend, they do.

This is incorrect. There are Masons posting in the Paranormal forum, ATSNN, political threads, Religious forum. In fact there's one Mason here that used to post in SS but he sticks mostly to the political threads now.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

There is no evidence OJ Simspon killed his wife.

There's plenty of evidence of that. With the Morgan Affair, there wasn't even a body.

Could you admit that it is possible, that of the thousands of people that are or were masons, a small handful of them were dirtbags?

Not only is it possible, it's fact; I've had the unfortunate experience of knowing several that meet that description.

But the Morgan story just doesn't make any sense, if you really look into it. His relatives denied his death, he was seen alive and well in Jamaica years following, and the very motive itself is sort of ridiculous. Supposedly, Morgan was murdered for trying to reveal Masonic secrets through a ritual exposure he was publishing. Yet the book he wrote itself was nothing more than a plagiarism of a French book of ritual expose (which already sat on the shelves of the Batavia public library).

In short, by the time morgan was publishing his book, at least 50 other books had already been written and published carrying the exact same information. Yet some people believe Morgan was killed for revealing not-so "secrets" that had been in the public domain for over a century.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I also heard that Morgan went to Canada to live the rest of his life.

In response to some Mason's being 'Dirtbags" of course there are there are bad people in every group but what does that prove?

The presence of mason's on ATS is a small % of the total number of the Masonic organization.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have said it time and time again. Everyone keeps referring to the Masons as a "secret" society. They are not. Everything that they believe has been written about and is easily accessible. Read Manly P. Hall's,Churchward's,or Pike's writings. It's all laid out. If you want to believe that the Mason's believe something other than what has been written, then you are living in a conspiratorial dreamworld.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join