It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And while I'm sick and ill-tempered...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sicker than a stray dog and have the temper to go with it right now, and I feel like biting at flks. So here goes.

What in the ever-loving Heck is up with this Republican held Congree and Oval Office that makes them think they have to spend every darned dime they can find, and then some they don't have yet?

Lookit, the tax cuts has sparked the economy, jobs are popping up at a rate now that has to be pissing Colonel off and this means more money in the government's coffers. But nooooo, these absolute idiots are going to blow everything.
Yet, they just can't see their way to ginving the retired vets on disablity their just deserved concurrent pay.

I'm telling you, these idiots are going to ruin the nation even worse than it has already been.

I'm taking my sick frame to bed. I'm done, now. Good night.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Quiet room, I notice.

Funny. I would think the libs would be melting in the hands of this Republican-held Congress/Presidency. After all, the federal budget expanded by $353 billion over its 1998 level with defense and attacks on 9/11 accounting for less than half of the new spending since 2001, mandatory spending reaching its highest level in history and spending increased despite net interest costs plummeting by $110 billion. Break it down for you, spending exceeded $20,000 per household. That's per household!

He is increasing the size and power of the U.S. government both at home and abroad. He has expanded social engineering from the American nation to the entire globe. He is lavish with dollars on both domestic and foreign programs. For this the left hates him? Someone needs to explain this to me instead of examining your navals for lint. This guy is a better Democratic president than was Clinton!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The money they "piss away" doesn't all get spent. Some of it goes in their pockets through creative funneling. The bigger the increase, the more politicians can play with the skim factor. Remember, the closest thing you can compare the gov't to, is the Italian mafia. It's legal organized crime, and that's all it is. They have their scams, muscle, supporters, fear, etc. What does the mafia have that the politicians don't, or vice versa?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
A healthy love for eating pasta and Dean Martin tunes?

Oh, and the Mafia is more honest and respectable.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yeah, I'm sicker than a stray dog and have the temper to go with it right now, and I feel like biting at flks. So here goes.

What in the ever-loving Heck is up with this Republican held Congree and Oval Office that makes them think they have to spend every darned dime they can find, and then some they don't have yet?

Lookit, the tax cuts has sparked the economy, jobs are popping up at a rate now that has to be pissing Colonel off and this means more money in the government's coffers. But nooooo, these absolute idiots are going to blow everything.
Yet, they just can't see their way to ginving the retired vets on disablity their just deserved concurrent pay.

I'm telling you, these idiots are going to ruin the nation even worse than it has already been.

It because of what I've been telling you. Repugnants are evil.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

It because of what I've been telling you. Repugnants are evil.

You forgot Hypocrites.
www.beliefnet.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Thank you. AND THEY ARE HYPOCRITES IN THE FIRST DEGREE.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
No, that is not something to be thankful for, Colonel. You know that was nothing more than scaremongering, senseless propaganda to get folks who only have the mentality for comic book reading to vote for the Dummycrats.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Sorry TC havnt a clue what your rambling on about.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
too, too funny, Dirty Devil. Reading may have been I sin...I think I'll go repent now.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Sorry, Drunk. The link provided by Devil. It merely perpetuates the myth that republicans want old and poor people to drop dead and refuse to help them in any way, and of course, only the feeeeel-good democrats care about birds and children and all things warm and fuzzy.

Talk about mean-spirited.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Sorry, Drunk. The link provided by Devil. It merely perpetuates the myth that republicans want old and poor people to drop dead and refuse to help them in any way, and of course, only the feeeeel-good democrats care about birds and children and all things warm and fuzzy.

I don't see a problem here. Republicans are murderers and liars and its time the truth came out in the open. They are degenerate killers and if you support them, you are the same as them.

HEALTH CARE
Medicare Post-Mortem

As the dust settles over the passage of the dismal Medicare legislation last week, Americans are finding out more about the details, and they're not happy. The NYT reports that experts are predicting anger among seniors, with one saying "They will be forced to trade in a Cadillac for a Chevrolet, and that is the recipe for another revolt by the elderly." In a series of interviews, the NYT also reports "several Medicare beneficiaries over the age of 75 said they would need lawyers" just to figure out their benefits, though they know the benefits will bypass many of them. Said one senior, "People have to pray that they get very ill. If you are in semi-bad shape, you get very little or nothing from the new Medicare bill."

THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF NONRETIRED YOUNG PERSONS?: The legislation was supported by the AARP, a group which ostensibly exists to watch out for the interests of seniors. But CEO William Novelli, who spearheaded AARP's decision, admits the group has had a shift in philosophy, concentrating lately on a much younger demographic, targeting the lucrative up-and-coming Baby Boomer market, with a focus on people as young as 45. Said AARP (which recently dropped the word "retired" from it's name) president James Parkel, "We had the boomers coming, and you didn't want to be perceived...as just being for old people" (Parkel said this, despite being the President of the group that EXISTS to "be for old people"). Those over the age of 65 who actually are affected by the legislation are angry, tearing up their membership cards and responding with irate emails and phone calls. "Mr. Novelli said as many as 15,000 AARP members had resigned" since the organization announced its support.

www.americanprogress.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Me love birds they have great bodies and a nice lower......
oh you mean birds with wings?! sorry TC.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here you go. This is the thread, Colonel. By the way, the post you made where you quoted the entire first post of the thread merely to say "repugnants are evil"?
That is two fouils, talking as if you are in the pit, and quoting the entire post rather than just part of it or just responding to it.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If you'd like to try it again in political scandal, be my guest, but try and present yourself in a manner that is proper outside the pit.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hmmm. I sense that the good gentleman TC is becoming a bit wounded in the pit. I do believe the tide is turning for the good guys. The repugnants are on the run as each truth comes to light.

In fact, I heard on C-Span tonight after the Democratic debates a republican woman being disgusted with being republican! I was astonished....and pleased.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm listening to C-span now and republicans seem to be coming out of the ether! They are disgusted with Bush and his inane policies and are impressed with the Democratic candidates (as I am---all of them but for Lieberman). They will vote for ANYONE other than Bush but they tend to like Clark and Dean!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
They're all selfish, democrats, republicans, politicians, etc. All these kiss A$$ elected/appointed officials are in it for the wrong reasons. Maybe some start out with good intent, but once $'s start flashing all the "for the people" promises are out the window. Maybe a small % of honest, hardworking politicians remain but their numbers aren't large enough to make a difference. So occupy your mind with all the bull# about "this administration sucks" or " this party bites" , but in the end all you can #ing do is help ease the pain and suffering of those less fortunate. Just try and make somebody feel good about something or give the homeless dude a bigmac. Bunch of #ing cry babies around here.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   

AND THEY ARE HYPOCRITES IN THE FIRST DEGREE

Well, I'd say BOTH parties pretty much fit that bill... Have you seen the news...Gore is now backing Dean. Looks like the dems have finally picked their pony!

So, now the two in the running sound like a joke...

What's the least favorite, and then favorite thing about College...???

Least: Dean (everyone hates the Dean)
Most: Bush (everyone loves college bush)

Great...I almost hate voting for Dean worse than I hate the idea of voting for Bush... Still, at least with Dean we'll get...
a. some of the international egg off of our face for Bush's warmongering.
b. a delay of WWIII for at least 4 more years.
c. veterans and current servicemen may actually get their earned benefits and pay.

Of course we'll also get
a. government gridlock in Congress
b. a sliding economy (as the rich do a little more money hoarding)
c. decreased defense spending at a time we actually need it...

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
...when you're not sick & ill tempered!?!?
I thought that was you standard MO !

Thomas, back Dean - he's the closest to the old fashioned Republican style Conservative, when it come to economics, in the race from any camp.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join