It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And while I'm sick and ill-tempered...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mooseofterror
They're all selfish, democrats, republicans, politicians, etc. All these kiss A$$ elected/appointed officials are in it for the wrong reasons. Maybe some start out with good intent, but once $'s start flashing all the "for the people" promises are out the window. Maybe a small % of honest, hardworking politicians remain but their numbers aren't large enough to make a difference. So occupy your mind with all the bull# about "this administration sucks" or " this party bites" , but in the end all you can #ing do is help ease the pain and suffering of those less fortunate. Just try and make somebody feel good about something or give the homeless dude a bigmac. Bunch of #ing cry babies around here.

This is an intellectual cop out. Dean is taking money but not from lobbyists, corporations, and the like. He's taking money from the PEOPLE. The PEOPLE are contributing in the millions to his capaign so he answerable to the PEOPLE and that has the power elite terrified.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
...when you're not sick & ill tempered!?!?
I thought that was you standard MO !

Thomas, back Dean - he's the closest to the old fashioned Republican style Conservative, when it come to economics, in the race from any camp.

LOL! B-T, its been a long time since I've been that sick, and my temper was through the darned roof. I do not handle illness with much grace. Of course, my wife would agree with your assesment of my typical demeanor.

I gotta tell you, I really am infuriated with this bunch of "republicans" going on the largest spending spree in U.S. history.

I'd like to send each one of the sorry bums a couple of the constitution and a copy of the Federalist papers and make them read it. Better yet, I'd like to send the same to each citizen and make him read it.

Howard has many problems that cause me not to view him as a valid candidate. But then again, the incumbant is continuously proving to me that he was all words and no conservative action. Tax cuts and a courageous war against those who want to destroy us is not good enough when the other actions and decisions are slowly destroying us for the enemy.

Yeah, its been a few days since I initiated this thread, and I'm still steamed.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Hmmm. I sense that the good gentleman TC is becoming a bit wounded in the pit. I do believe the tide is turning for the good guys. The repugnants are on the run as each truth comes to light.

In fact, I heard on C-Span tonight after the Democratic debates a republican woman being disgusted with being republican! I was astonished....and pleased.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Colonel]

Wounded? To what extent?

As far as "politics" go, it is a sport, no more important than college football, and no more effective in the national betterment.

I am a conservative. Do you understand the difference between conservativism and republicanism? There is a substantial difference. Fifty years from now, the parties may well be flip-flopped on issues, just as they have done so in the past. I doubt it, though, as they are becoming more and more like each other, leaving us with little choice.

Liars and murderers, you call the republicans? Just what do you think the dems are? No different, except they are extremely hypocritical about it, just as you are. On top of that, the dem. party as it is today is so far from constitutional and instead radical and obstructionist about there anti-constitutional stances it isn't even funny.

More later, SG-1 is coming on now.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Commercial break.

Don't tell my boss I am reading the Federalist Papers at work, but here is what you'll find in paper no. 45:

"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the Federal Government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State Governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will for the most part be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects, which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties and properties of the people; and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State."

This gives a clue of how the Founding Fathers wanted things to work, and what is allowed by the constitution. All your entitlements, your welfare spending, let's not even get into the congressmen's separate retirement accounts, are way out of line.

Yes, I realize this goes way before this administration and this congress, but lookit, education is the way to fight all of this insanity. First, you have to understand how things are supposed to be, then you can see how far out of line we have become.
I have been preaching this very point here for years, now.

By the way, before you brainwashed liberals start saying that the founding fathers were heartless and uncaring about the poor, just think. Were you to have the money that is being stolen from you, how much good could you do? How much more money would be available for the states, as it was expected to be? Were the communities to take care of their own, wouldn't that make sure the aid got to the truly needy and not the truly lazy?

We have left the logic and common sense and mority of he Founding Fathers behind and have allowed an enormous governmental beast eat up not only our money, but our freedoms.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join