It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football: Best Manager In The Premiership???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Who is the best manager in the premiership???

No its not Jose because anyone can win the leauge with that cheque book, and no its not Fergie (anymore).

So who is it???

I think it is between Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishley and Steve Bruce.

All three have turned poor clubs into premiership survivors. They have made teams with next to no money and for me that means alot more than winning the leauge with 200 mill to spend!!!

:sport-smiley-019:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
for me.... i think its Davie Moyes, he sold Rooney and everyone thought that was everton messed up. but they have got better without him. theres not like any huge stars in that team either.

i remember him at preston, he was doing really good and he left... craig brown came in and the team started to smell bad

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Moyes or Big Sam, hard to choose between them.

TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Moyes has to be considered. Everyone thought once Rooney went that would be the end. He has done a great job since the Rooney era and things will only get better for them.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Sorry i forgot Moyes

I would probably put him at the top of that list actually!!!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Rafael Benitez. He's inherited a piss poor squad from GH and guided them to the CL final. Many would say "what about Gerrard and Carragher, they're class players?" which is true, but two players aren't going to do you any good.

As much as it stings Moyes has done a fantastic job, but I imagine it'll be a bit like Ipswich a couple of years ago...it wont be repeated next season.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Your probably right Nada but on this season alone I think Moyes deserves it. Liverpool have done great in Europe but if we are talking league football then it's got to be Moyes.

TRD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Everton boss David Moyes insists he would not have been named League Managers' Association Manager of the Year without the assistance of the players, staff and fans at Goodison Park.

Moyes has completed an "amazing" turnaround in the last 12 months, from just avoiding relegation to guiding the Toffees to fourth place in the Barclays Premiership.

Moyes' men pipped rivals Liverpool to a Champions League qualifier, giving them the chance of a place among the European elite next season. While the Scot took the plaudits, he dedicated his award to the people who helped him during the season.

LINK

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Theres your proof

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
alan curbs or big sam, sam is well respected in the game for one good reason he calls a spade a spade and if your playin crap you dont get a game.
Moyes has had alot of money to spend along with the chelsea cheque book king, wenger has changed the game in this country and has to get some credit

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What big money (apart from Beattie) has Moyes splashed out?

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Moyes, Big Sam and Bryan Robson all get my vote.
Robson - Has got West Brom playing much better football than they were under Megson.
Big Sam - Made Bolton a premiership force challenging for Europe consistently with little in the way of money
Moyes - Got Everton into Champons League with little money after being tipped by many to go down. Also coped well after the losses of Rooney and Graverson.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Nice post there Baggie Boy, obviously I agree.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
yip. i think i go for Moyes too, and he is even getting Duncan Donoughts to play good for him

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
hey, i dont think Moyes is going to get it this year, his team are going downhill.

Big Sam is doing a good job so far and the same with the Wigan manager

new topics

top topics

join